How to convert saudi license to oman

Dear members, I hv valid saudi driving license (Issued in 2008 n valid upto 2018).  I now work in sohar. Please tell the procedure to cinvert to oman license. Regsrds

In this similar post you may have the answer to all of your questions with regard to how to convert your Saudi license to an Omani one.

Alright, nice info there. So no need to have an NOC from Saudi traffic (Enshalla) department.

Hi all,

I have moved up from Saudi to Oman for a new job,i have valid Saudi DL till 2017.But when i went for license transfer,ROP said it is required to get a NOC from Saudi traffic for Oman DL conversion.So i have given them a photocopy of my Saudi DL for further process.
Now i dont know about  the process next , has any one faced the same situation.?? Please share your experiences !!

Hi anyone can help me? From saudi arabia I move here in dubai. I have D/L in saudi arabia but finish contract my company take it. It is possible to take it again?

Dear Sir

i am working in Oman from last month dec 2017.Before i worked in KSA.I also went rop for change my driving license they collect same as you and ask me come after 2 weeks.I want to know what happened for you?.Did u received license?

Hi Sasvm,

Please note that this is an old thread. You might get a feedback but to make the best of the forum, it is better to start a new topic or to post on a recent thread.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi
i too have saudi license with me

Can i convert in new rule

How can I convert Saudi driving license to Omani license.
How long (Days),It will take me to get the license.

Hi All Having Saudi license,

I did converted my Saudi License to Omani driving License,
You need a Certificate from Traffic police from the office where the license was issued, ( they will issue a computer paper stating that the license is genuine), then the same need to be attested by Saudi foreign affairs either in Saudi or Oman,
After attestation take the paper with Original license to ROP in Oman, you will be issued with a Omani license within an hour., hope this help... Chaao

Thank you @babjibah60, that's a very useful (and up-to-date!) information. I would just like to get a wee bit of clarification.

First, only the issuing traffic police office can generate the certificate of authenticity?
Second, can I go to Chamber of Commerce office here in Saudi to get the attestation (sticker and sign) for the certificate?

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Modjo,

Attestation to be done from Ministry of Foreign affairs not chamber of commerce, Regards

Hi,

i have  saudi license but its  not completed one year till now.

so can i convert it to oman license

Hir sir,
How did you get the certificate from Saudi?
Where to submit and how?

NOS from company enough or should get from Traffic department in Saudi?

Will they give back Saudi License with new Omani License? or they keep saudi one?

@AbidHamza, based on current practice here in Sohar, Oman there was a change to the above discussion points. Please see more updated discussion here:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 06#4328602

Hello mates,
I am a newbie here in Muscat, Oman. I recently moved from Saudi Arabia (less than 02 months ago) on employment visa. I got my Saudi driving license converted to Omani one today (08/June/2021).
I am summarizing the application process below;
1.    Visit the ROP head office (at Seeb, near Muscat International airport area) and submit photo copies of your Saudi driving license and Oman national ID at counter#2 (the last counter on the right-hand side when you enter the office).
2.    They will send the documents to Saudi MOI for verification and authentication which usually takes around 02 weeks. (In my case it took about 03 weeks due to the current covid-19 crisis and delay in getting feedback from the other end).
3.    Visit the ROP again after 02 weeks and enquire at the same counter where you have submitted documents (with eye test done and the result submitted electronically).
4.    The eye/vision test is valid only for 30 days and it would be preferable to get it done on the second visit so as to manage the validity of the results. The eye/vision test would cost about 03 Omani riyal and always get it done only through authorized testing centers and ensure that they have entered the test results and correct national id electronically.
5.    Once verified, you will be requested to collect the application form (Arabic) for driving license from the main reception (cost is 200 baisa). All payments are done electronically (card payment) as they don't accept cash.
6.    The form is in Arabic and the details needs to be filled either in Arabic or English. Take the help of any Arabic colleague to fill the form. In my case, the officer helped me to fill the form. You need to submit 02 copies of passport size photographs (white background) along with the application.
7.    After that the same officer will guide you to the senior officer desk for approval and personal verification (face recognition without mask), during which you will be asked to show the original copy of your Omani national id.
8.    Once this verification is done you will be requested to make the payment for the license (10 Omani riyal, electronic/card payment) from the same desk.
9.    Once the payment is done, you need to wait for 10-30 minutes to collect the copy of driving license from the collection counter (last counter on the left-hand side when you enter the office).
10.    That's all and now you are authorized to drive using your Omani driving license.

Hope this helps. Feel free to approach me any time if you need more details.

Regards,

Vipin

Thanks my friend,

just for clarification,

1.  Is it mandatory that applicant should visit ROP at first time to submit Saudi driving license and oman ID? or my company company PRO can submit instead of me?

2. I understood 2nd time its mandatory to proceed eye test and physical verification by officer.

3. We will get any SMS or mail notification that our Saudi license verification done or my company PRO can check by phone/ direct visit?

4. I am in DUQM now, my company said here no facility in ROP. In this case I must visit muscut ROP or is it possible with Haima ROP?

@ibrahim_ms hi salaam wlaykum bhai I have Saudi Arabia licence unvalid how to processor Oman convent you know please

Hello Sk Fayaz,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Kindly make sure that your question is clear enough.

Could you please rewrite it so that members can assist you?

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hello Sivashankarjai,

His post is from 2018 and he hasn't been on the website since...

Regards

Bhavna