Dia de Los muertos! Day of the dead! Where is the best festival locate

Hello Again everyone as we all know October 31 is coming up and I want to know where is the best place in Mexico that you have celebrated this unique traditional holiday and if you could also tell me about your experiences it would be great thank you all good day.  :top:

That would be halloween, the Mexican Holiday "Dia de los Muertos" is celebrated on November 2nd

yeh your right lol im not sure what i was thinking but thanks for the correction do you know of any places to visit that are known for their festivities thanks man

Virtually everywhere in central Mexico is celebrated in the traditional form, cities near the border with the US usually celebrate halloween instead, where are you located? maybe I can tell you about a place that´s nearby so you can go visit :)

Most of the small-to-medium sized towns in central Mexico have Day of the Dead displays, and everyone I know has a private altar as well, full of photos and marigolds. Here in Coatepec (Veracruz highlands) there is always a display in the Palacio, adjacent to the central parque, with a Katrina and her companion skeleton on the balconies. The panteon is decorated with an arco at the entrance, all the graves have flowers (both plastic and real) and the aisles between the graves are crowded. I think it's a wonderful way to remember and celebrate the lives of my loved ones!
(I would put up some photos if I could figure out how!)

Thanks Babs G. Thanks Nick E I highly appreciate your help you have been very helpful I'm going to be visiting Tampico and Monterrey and maybe Mexico City

First of all remember that Dia de Muertos is NOT Halloween light. It is a special observance and honoring of the departed. November first is for the angelitos, the babies and children who have died. November 2nd is for the adults. I have experienced this Mexican event in Ajijic and Chapala, Jalisco and this past weekend in San Miquel de Allende, Guanajuato. I will post my experience and pictures on my blog snowbirdsoliloquy.wordpress.com