Northway University

Can anyone comment on the Experience Based Degrees offered by Northway University. How effective is the experience based degree, any problem with accreditation and how is the acceptance of such degrees in GCC.

Please comment.

(Moderated: no free ads please)

What kinds of degrees and programs do they offer?

Dear All, It's a Fraud University. Their Websites northwayuniversity.com, American Engineering Society.com, Association of Gulf Engineers.com all operated by same persons. Ph.+18557722111,18557711333,18889808478 all are Fraud Numbers related to this.

Thanks a million for the update. I am very much thankful to you and I am sure it will help all other being contacted by Northway University.

@ BTDammam > Where have you seen the information that it is actually a scam please? Can you please show us some proofs?

Thanks

Priscilla

1. The name of the university is similar to that of a university in the UK or USA. The name also often contains the words ‘American' and/or ‘International'. Read more here.
2. The university claims accreditation from an unrecognized accrediting organisation, or downplays the importance of accreditation. Read more here.
3. The university has an address in a province or a country with weak or insufficient legislation in the field of higher education, for example Hawaii, Louisiana and Wyoming in the USA, or smaller islands in the Caribbean or Pacific Ocean. Read more here.
4. The university has one or several campuses in a province or a country with weak or insufficient legislation in the field of higher education, for example in Pakistan, Nigeria, or Somalia. Read more here.
5. The university is registered as a company, for example in a British Overseas Territory or in an island country in the Caribbean. Read more here.
6. The university is recognized by, and/or has a ‘campus' in a fake or unrecognized country or micro-nation, such as the Hutt River Province in Australia or the Principato di Seborga in Italy. Read more here.
7. The university often moves from one location to another; from Wyoming to Alabama, then from Alabama to California. Read more here.
8. The university's address is fake, misleading or that of a provider of virtual office solutions. Read more here.
9. The university has no physical address at all and can only be contacted by email or fax. Read more here.
10. Admission requirements are minimal. Read more here.
11. The university emphasizes on its web page that it is not a diploma mill or a fake university. Read more here.
12. Fees refer to the cost for certificates, transcripts, student identity cards etc, not to the cost for tuition. Read more here.
13. It is possible to get a degree on the basis of 'life experience' only. Read more here.
14. Degree requirements are minimal and it is possible to get a degree within a very short time, in some cases just a few days. “No classes, no books, no course work, no hassle”. Read more here.
15. There are links to samples of transcripts, diplomas, etc on the web site. Read more here.
16. Logotypes of recognized credit card companies are visible on the university's web-site. Read more here.
17. The certificates can be antedated, making it possible to graduate several years ago. Read more here.
18. The university web site is hosted on a server in another country and uses an unexpected internet top level domain. Read more here.
19. The university's degrees are advertised through spam and/or sponsored links on search engines. Read more here.

oh my god, i paid them around 1850/USD,to northway university  they show me my associate degree sample and they confirmed that they applied for my doc legalization with US and UAE embassy . and now they are asking some more money 2400/USD for my degree validity in middle east .which i m not gona pay,

Don't Pay Any more.This is not real school. Real schools have real websites that end in '.edu'. Northway has a '.com' has no website. Not accredited by legitimate accrediting agencies recognized by the US Dept of Education; Northway has accreditation from fake accrediting agencies.

The "degree scam" is a widespread menace in the gulf region. The situation arises out of availability of the large number of technical jobs but less number of qualified personnel. Scammers have noticed this loophole and are having a ball and duping people in the gulf region.
The usual modus operandi is to collect the contact details of potential victim from job portals or from the web, call them informing that they have been short listed. Fake/bogus phone interviews are conducted and the candidate is always "selected" lol. These scammers offers a terrific compensation package. The scammer has a tie up with some international university and the candidate had to scuff out some money for the degree which will reach him. Unsuspecting candidates are made to pay up, after which the scammer will disappear for good.
Red siren should be ringing in you head as soon as any scammer asks for any easy job/degree/money !! That should be the end of any type of communications.

hey man i had been stolen to.
what kind of steps i can make to refund my money from paypall , is that possible any one pass thrw.

regards

File a complaint over the amount through paypal.