Mag 250

Hello to everyone in the Murcia and Almeria regions in Spain. I will try to explain why a Mag 250 STB seems to cost a lot of money when supplied with subscriptions.   Yes, from most auction sites they can be bought for as little as £60. But that's not where it ends. The price of the equipment that no one sees to supply the TV Streams to the Mag 250 can cost the supplier the same as  a new family car plus  caravan!   Then there is the on- going costs of bandwidth and staff to monitor it 24/7 and this is just for freesat. I know this because I offer it but for free.  Just the price off the Set Top Box without subscription charges and no hidden charges .  Also beware of people supplying illegal Sky subscription these soon will be cut off as sky are about to upgrade their smartcards, so this will mean the end of card sharing. Just to say why I can supply Free TV.  I am not paying for bandwidth as it is in the family. :/

I have a MAG250.  When it works it works well but often it just keeps breaking up.  I have to use a wireless link for my internet as there are no land telephone lines near me, and often about 8pm when a lot of people are going on line it is rubbish.  I often feel I am paying for subscription a lot of the time for nothing.  The line my internet wireless dish goes to is not being upgraded for a while if ever, so it will not get better.  I had hoped to just use the MAG250 but have had to keep my Sky subscription so I can use it when the IPTV is not working well.   I am trying desperately to not have to pay for two subscriptions.

I think I may now have found an alternative to pick up BBC, ITV, four and five channels without paying for a subscription using my dish, but I have been told it does not include the additional BBC channels etc.  So I have to check out which channels I would be able to get.   I have not heard about Sky not being available in the future.

Hello Just a update

They will soon change their encryption method to Power Vu this is impossible to hack so be carefull. A lot of people in Spain are going for this method and they will be all out of pocket

INTELSAT 907 BISS KEYS CHANGE-AND ARE HACKED WITH 24 HOURS
The weak BISS encryption keys for Intelsat 907's BBC and ITV transmissions to UK Freeview masts were changed last weekend. Within 24 hours, hackers had broken the new codes and posted them online. Intelsat 907 is an illegal alternative for those who lost UK Public Service channels last February. Over most of Europe, all that's needed to receive the Arqiva-delivered backup broadcasts is a Technomate 5402 receiver, an 80cm dish and the technical ability to enter new 16-character codes every three months.
Just one code is needed to decrypt all BBC transmissions.
Publicly selling systems designed to receive Intelsat 907, cracking the codes and offering paid help are criminal offences, however, carrying the risk of arrest and prosecution in the UK.
Arquiva are well aware of the piracy, but have so far chosen not to make any public statement,
This may not be the case in the future. It's unwise to make any substantial financial outlay to receive this satellite.
In a probably-unrelated issue, Intelsat 907 went out of control last Sunday morning during a station-keeping routine. Signals were lost for a few minutes before engineers were able to stabilise the ageing 11-year old spacecraft.  streamon-iptv.com