Finding housemaid in Nairobi

Hello, new to this forum and soon to be arriving in Kenya, well returning actually, as i spent many years living in Kenya prior to leaving for good 7 years ago!!

I need to find a good housemaid/Ayah, to help with my 10 year old daughter, are there any agencies now providing this sort of service? I am a single parent so i really need someone i can trust and i need to find someone ASAP after arrival.
Any ideas.

Welcome on Expat.com Will50 :)

May be you can also post an advert on Nairobi classifieds page, Category>Jobs.

Regards

Hallo,

Welcome back to Kenya, am sure you will enjoy your stay.
There are a few Bureaus offering such services. Apart from taking care of your daughter are there other duties required of her. Drop me a line when you are in Kenya i can help you find one trustworthy one. Mother to a 1 year old daughter.

Regards
Med

Hi

I have a baby day care centre that caters from age 6weeks upwards.I take kids of expatriates too coming to kenya and dont have a nanny.Since you might find it sometime risky to employ someone you dont know as a nanny or agencies that you dont trust may give you a nanny that they dont know so well.For us we pick your kid in the morning at your preferred time and drop him/her in the evening at your preferred time if you opt for that option.WE also provide a well balanced diet for those who prefer us to give the child food or you pack food for her.We do extra services depending on your choice ie bath the kid etc and we have very well trained staff that make your kid happy once back home he or she will always want to be with us.you can reach me on my email once in Kenya you visit our baby day care centre.

thankyou

Kind regards

Karen Elizabeth

In Nairobi,also looking for a nanny to help with a new born, any ideas would be appreciated.

Having recently experienced the same problem, when our granddaughter came to live with us, we found it quite difficult to find someone.  We didn't go to a bureau, because you really don't know what level of vetting is applied to their staff.  Of course the bureau is going to promote those who are on their books, so how do you get a unbiased reference?  We had already had two housegirls who had stolen from us, here and there, so we wanted to be careful.

No disrespect to Karen Elizabeth, but child care centres are a very costly alternative - maybe OK for expats on a very good salary - also, the times of day when we needed child care, namely mornings and evenings wouldn't have been covered by a childcare centre (when your child gets up at 5am).

The solution was that we got someone through personal recommendation, via friends, which worked out well - we got someone trustworthy and experienced in childcare.

Good Luck.

Hello,there is a place in Lavington that trains nannys,cooks and gardeners.Their contacts are Maarifa 0723453051,0724348711

you can drop me a number when in kenya so that i can  give you a very nice lady plsn welcome to kenya once again

FYI take caution when it comes to Bureaus ,last week in Nyayo Estate in Embakasi a Bureau Yaya kidnapped her employers kid and also on watching the KTN documentary on house-help youtube.com/watch?v=QISgqbwUWpI .mAKE SURE U KNW THE HOUSE-HELP WELL

try little tot baby care available on this profile. the number of the linking person is 0723 120 345

Contact Trizzer of Nani Employee Leasing (inbox if you need her number). She's been mine and my sister's agent and we absolutely love the service,and the house help she gave me is superb. The beauty with Nani is they employ the help, and you pay through them. If it doesn't work out, they replace for you, and even arrange for a temp should your regular house help need some time off.

i can help as i know how to take care of children and cooking. thanks

i can help just email me. thanks

Hi,
I am looking for work as a baby sitter,I have experience already in Germany as an aupair.I am a kenyan citizen and reliable.Please email me if you have any questions at [email protected]

Hi Please let me have Triza's contact. I need a house help to take care of my house and my kids. They are aged 6 and 3 and both go to school.

Thanks

Tabither

Hello Tabither -> Can you please post an advert in the Jobs in Nairobi section? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi.. My name is Jacqueline and i am available to work as a housekeeper. I do excellent with kids too. If you need my services, please contact me

Hallo, my mail address is [email protected]. We can discuss if you are still interested.

Very important to be careful when settling to a nanny or housekeeper. Get clear details of the employee to avoid wprst scenerios. I am getting to 48years, a mother and very friendly, playerful with children and friendly to all. Am educated, a driver and can handle all house chores or personal assistant issues with ease.
My asking minimum salary 25000kshs per month. I can speak very good English and Swahili and some few local Kenyan languages.
My contact address Mrutere@gmail,com

@ jaysam and nkathakega > Please note that this is an old topic, i would advise you to post your job request in the Jobs in Nairobi section please. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

hi i need a help.. are you still available. i need you urgently either today or tomorrow so you can familiarize with my baby before Monday as i go to work..

I am looking for a house help to work in Eldoret one who has previously worked for an expatriate.

hello,am ivy 21years,kenyan citizen,looking for babysitter job or cooking and general cleaning.ksh10000-ksh15000 in lavington nairobi.0711556980

Hi everybody,

Do note that this is an old topic (2011) :)

I will advise those looking for a job and those having a job to offer to post directly in the jobs section here : https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/africa/kenya/nairobi/

Thanks

Priscilla

(Topic closed )

Closed