Filipino nurses' life in Kuwait

To every Filipino nurses living and working in Kuwait, post your life and professional experiences. Feel free to share!

good initiative :)

maybe you should also try it with PIK (link), KIK (link) & FIK (link)

Tara Na :D

& Salamat!

Salamat po. Sige! :-D @legacy

Workwise:  It's good. Everything is provided by your company(except for food of course), you'll have a blast enjoying/earning your tax free salary, payment is higher than any arab countries (I think, but it all depends on what hospital/company you are in. P.S. Beware of those agencies that will tend to hold you until here coz they'll cut up half of your salary as their commision per month. Look for an agency there that will give you a release as soon as you leave the Phils, otherwise you will be tied up to them for the whole duration of your contract here) and arabs coworkers are easy to get along with (more than our kabayans, hehe) :whistle:  The work invirontment/system is very different from us( note: this can be either good or bad, if you need specifics we can chat in PM). Laguage barrier is eminent, prepare your barok english, and try to learn arabic as hard and as early as you can, you'll do just fine. Always take precautions and follow the protocols coz pointing those fingers on the nurse is most likely to happen, as in everytime (well I'm not saying that that doesn't happen everywhere else). Although I must say that Filipino nurses here are respected and revered by the organic and other nationality colleagues, our salary is pretty low compared to our arab/westeners counterpart(Nope, I don't want to raise the race card here, just stating the obvious).

Personal/social life: Kuwait is a dry country and by that I mean literally and metaphorically. Super hot country but amazingly you won't sweat when you go outside(unless it's humid. We have this 5-day humidity thing here but it's not like the ones we're having back home where you sweat upto the area where the sun don't shine😁). I think I only sweat like a pig twice this year when I dared strolling along the beach to shoot some pics in the middle of the day (my fault) and got tagged along to a brisk walking going to the farthest restaurant in the planet. There are no mountains or rivers here so your chance of having nature tripping will be deprived from you until your next vacation going back home, but if you're an adventurer,something new for you,  you can go to the desert and see the camels. :idontagree: No parties and pubs the same like those we have there. Alcohol is not allowed here (bummer :sosad: ), so if you think you can't survive without that relaxing agent running through your veins, you will be pretty sad here :D Although if you get to know some people who have access to that, then maybe you can take a sip on special occasions, but beware, I don't think that's a good idea. :gloria
There are lots of activities here to do only if you find the right friends to go along with.

Come here and experience the life in middle east. Maybe you'll like it here.

Nice input! Love the idea of camel feeding!! Will be thinking of it @ Air_bay80s

Hello! po, goodmorning po...may mga nurses po bah dito na nagtatrabaho po sa TAIBA hospital? need to know some info po..salamat

dear Chera, please post in English  :dumbom:

Oh! sorry..hehe...any filipino nurses here working in TAIBA HOSPITAl?

Suggestion about good agency here in the Philippines.,i am a registered nurse..hope for your feedback..thankyou GodBless..

egie wrote:

Suggestion about good agency here in the Philippines.,i am a registered nurse..hope for your feedback..thankyou GodBless..

hi egie! the best thing you can do is check at POEA what are the approved job order for nurse here in Kuwait. You can look it up in their website. http://www.poea.gov.ph/cgi-bin/JobVacan … sByPos.asp
In that way, you will not be fooled by agency who say they legally are hiring for nurses in Kuwait.
But before you apply, you need at least to meet these requirements. Registered Nurse and at least 3 years hospital experience. Good luck for your future endeavor.

Mam,nsa taiba hospital ka n ba ngwowork?first ofw po ako,ano po ba feedback sa taiba po?

Hi anne2689 and welcome to the forum

Please post in ENGLISH only.

Thank you Air_bay80s for the post

I'm not a nurse,filipino here and also work in a hospital,hopefully my opinion still matter? Lol. Anyway, to all low budget but adventurous 'Pinoy' in this forum, if u like trekking Kuwait for 5KD or less, then PM me. Been here over 3yrs and haven't really seen much of it,so I decided to see what Kuwait has to offer. The rule is 'no taxi' only busses and budget shouldn't be more than 5KD. I've been to 1 place already last week,and next week the plan is visit the 'Mirror House' for 3KD tour by Lidia,so anyone interested to join me n' me backpack,with a gps for a map,I need a 'Boots', just PM me.

P.S. for pinoy only. Sorry.  :(

And oh...professional experience? What is there to say? I can fill the whole page with my experiences good or bad but it all comes down to 'you' as a person and your priorities. Take everything in,swallow insults and discrimnation, learn to not care what they say esp if it's not constructive, but 'do your job well'.... cos that's what we're here for. At the end of the day,when there's a problem you can defend yourself,  they couldn't just topple you over or push you around cos you know that you did your job and you did it well. We are filipinos, we adapt, we blend in...

Just realized this is a very old post...hmmmm..oh well...  lol!   😂😃😄

not wrong to renew if relevant, and i feel it is relevant so please renew and fill the pages with your experiences :D

Haha Legacy,would be nice if I have an audience,but as it is I am just talking to myself and you're my lone listener. No amount of advice or written experiences can best prepare us for what lies ahead. We have to deal with people as best we can, may it be personal or professional level. But, thanks for the encouragement though. ☺☺☺

Anyone who works in taiba hospital? ..feedback please?thank you

Hello!!! I just read your posts and the experiences that you have shared. I've been planning to work in Kuwait as a nurse and it really is a big help if you could tell us more about living there. Thank you so much!!

tin78 wrote:

I'm not a nurse,filipino here and also work in a hospital,hopefully my opinion still matter? Lol. Anyway, to all low budget but adventurous 'Pinoy' in this forum, if u like trekking Kuwait for 5KD or less, then PM me. Been here over 3yrs and haven't really seen much of it,so I decided to see what Kuwait has to offer. The rule is 'no taxi' only busses and budget shouldn't be more than 5KD. I've been to 1 place already last week,and next week the plan is visit the 'Mirror House' for 3KD tour by Lidia,so anyone interested to join me n' me backpack,with a gps for a map,I need a 'Boots', just PM me.

P.S. for pinoy only. Sorry.  :(

Hi Tin!
How's the Filipina Huckleberry Finn of Kuwait, found your Jim(a) yet? Just found out about your Kuwait adventures now, good to know another angel setting foot on the unbeaten paths. If you happen to want to get together with a Tom(a) Sawyer (moi  :proud ) just give me a buzz. Would like to have another Filipina friend to come with us to explore the gems of Kuwait and beyond. I am actually looking for somebody who would accompany me to a power paragliding here (yep we have it here in the desert), for free. If you are down for that, feel free to drop me a message on my inbox. See you on the other side!
Btw have you been to the mirror house yet? Would love to tag along if you haven't gone yet.

Paragliding? Free? Oh my...oh my.... not just me,have 3 other friends up for anything! Lol. Yes,we've been to the mirror house,it was like stepping into Lidia's mind, a bit eerie in this part of the world but amazing. We are planning of doing that catapult in Shaab Leisure Park,this coming Sat,but we don't have info yet. Have to research first.
Oh...this is exciting    😃😄😆☺😊

im a nurse and im planning to work in kuwait..
im working in a hospital here in the philippines for three years now..
the problem is that i dont know where to start..
i also want to know how much salary could i expect there..
can somedody help me for a start??
thanks..

Good day... My working visa got rejected because of an error last may and my agency send it back to kuwait for correction but until now, they say that its still in shaun because of the new rule.. Is it true that the delay is cause by the new policy or my agency was just giving me this excuse for the delay...how long for a visa to be process when the problem is only an error..
Edit Reply

Hi, i want to know how u dress up in Kuwait. Are you allowed to wear a nomal dress if you go outside or you still need to wear abaya?

thanks

Dress conservatively, in general it is best to cover shoulders and knees. 

No need to wear an abaya unless you want to.

Hi everyone, i hope someone could help me. I  am a nurse, i have a job offer from New Mowasat Hospital, if anyone here has an idea about the hospital and the management, and if 300kd is good enough for their offer. Hoping for a feedback. Thank you

etraucem wrote:

Hi everyone, i hope someone could help me. I  am a nurse, i have a job offer from New Mowasat Hospital, if anyone here has an idea about the hospital and the management, and if 300kd is good enough for their offer. Hoping for a feedback. Thank you

It really depends on your experience. Taking that you are fresh, if they are providing  accommodation and transportation, you can consider that a starting point ( bit low still you can save )

Hey....thanks for the heads up. Hope you can recommend a good hospital for me. I am about to exit here in saudi. And looking for my next country to work with. As you know, saudi is a close country and  that I am hoping to transfer to a more open one...hearing you outlook there. Make me want to try, and believing that Kuwait be my next country destination. Hope you can provide me the necessary information like necessary certificate, license that i'll be needing to work there.

Looking forward for your response.
Thanks again.

Hi! I am also one of the hired nurses for mowasat last oct 2016. did you receive your final job letter?

Hello po! It's not related to the topic but I was just wondering if there is a Dataflow in Kuwait? Meron po ba?

thank you for your information I got an offer in one of the hospital as a medical coder. how is life for medical coder if u have any idea please share with me.

Dear friends, Required for a derma clinic in Salmyia: full time experienced female nurse, having license & transferable visa in Kuwait. ***

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

Hi,I hope you are still working there in kuwait as a nurse,Im planning to apply there as a medical staff but I have a lot of worries and questions regarding the process of filing application. Is there a dataflow there like in saudi? To be honest, I have issues in my dataflow in ksa,so Im worried if I apply in kuwait,please need some advice,and hoping that youre still active in this site.thank you

hi,may I ask some question,I hope you are still active in this forum. To be honest I have issue in my dataflow in ksa,now Im planning to apply in kuwait at a medical staff,can this issue on my dataflow affect my application? is there also dataflow in kuwait? please share some advice. thank you

Hi, I have same case with you. I am planning to apply in Kuwait do you think there is data flow in Kuwait?

Hi, how did you get on there?

Hello chera02... i'm currently working in Taiba Hospital  .. 🙂

Hello tin78...
Where does Mirror House located? I wanna join you in your journey of discovering Kuwait.... hehehe

is their someone here can answer me on how long does NOC visa now in Kuwait will be release? i had my agency application last first week of April and until now july 1st 2019 we're still on waiting of releasing can some one at least enlighten or answer me.

t.i.a!