New members of the Panama forum, introduce yourself here

I can help you with growing fruit trees...I just bought a Mango farm.

Hello everybody
We are both retired, 63 & 69, living in British Columbia Canada. We are both Swiss by birth...
At this time, we are still doing a lot of research about moving to Panama. The most important part is health insurance, my husband has a pre-existing condition, so, affordable good health insurance is very important to us. We have spent our winter months for the past 8 years in Mexico, mostly Baja.
Every helpful tip would be very appreciated.

Hi there, my husband and I are early retirees from  London, Ontario, Canada and love to spend our winters away from the snow, and cold and did I mention cold and snow. The only ice we want to see, is in our drinks!!  We have spend our last few winters in Mexico, and now it is a time for a change.  We have heard many good things about Panama and look forward to the adventure.  We have currently booked a condo for the month of November to determine if this a place we want for the 2016 winter season.  We will staying in Playa Cornado and are looking forward to meetings some new friends and find some long term rentals.  If anyone has any tips or hints to help in this adventure we would greatly appreciate it. Looking forward to heat!!

Hello,
My name's Jean-Marc, I'm french. I'm living in Panama since 7 years.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on my email : [email protected]

Hello, I am glad I found this sight. Panama seems like a wise choice for me to relocate and I am seeking as much information as possible. I am originally from Jamaica and I now live in the U.S. I and looking to relocate to panama.

Hi Everyone,
We are permenantly relocating to Panama in March 2015.
Our plan is to rent for 2 months while we look for a property to purchase around our scuba diving life. We have 2 dogs.

Could you please post your opinions with pros and cons on these 2 locations:

Punte Norte Isla Colon compared to bastmentos Isle of bastimentos

e.g ease of access to food supplies, should we buy a boat etc

Thank you !!

Hello. We are interested in moving to a central American country; Panama, Belize, Costa Rica. Really don't know where to start. It would be a few years away, we are not retired so some sort of employment  would be needed. Maybe even kids. We have not visited any country yet but plan on taking vacation somewhere next year to start our search. Any help any way is very appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Personal opinion: Belize is not REASSURING, Costa Rica is still very expensive ...... Panama, after having lived three years in Nicaragua it been 2 years since I am in Panama and I do not regret !!!

Friendly

I am considering Panama as a retirement location in a year or two. I lived for a brief time in Costa Rica 40 years ago before returning to Minnesota. I prefer a rural-to-small-town, mountain location. I'll also be visiting Ecuador in February, but I am concerned about how well I will be able to adapt to elevations above 4500 ft. I would prefer temperatures under 80 degrees F. David looks like it might be an option. Can anyone suggest alternatives I can look at?

When you say not reassuring,  what do you mean?

It seems a lot of violence

David it is very very hot, Boquette best if you want a cooler climate

[moderated: you should post your ad in the classifieds section]

Hi, I'm new to this site looking into the possiblitly of moving to Panama, any stories, help would be appreciated.

:D

Dear Sir
i am a pakistani citizen and wish to come to panama with my family and to relocate here please advise what to do and how to do
Regards
Amin

A lot of violence? High crime rate?

How long have you lived there now?

Great

Well, words will not be enough for me to describe how I like to be in Panama. I grew  up in an aphanage home In my country and I happend to be raised personally by one Sister Mary.She was a visiting Catholic sister  from Panama and she liked me so much.I was ten years then and I still remember the special care she game me as an ophan.She would sometimes invite me to the parish to teach me the bible.I rember the gifts she gave me and special training she gave me as a child. I loved her so much but  she left for America some years later and I used to write to her a lot then .I remember how she used to tell me stories and things in Panama when she finally left home (Panama) I longed to be there even when I was a child.But the unfutunate thing is I lost contact with her some years latter.I am now a grown adultb but if I am given a chance to choose a country to visit ,there is no way I won't choose Panama.Is a very beautiful place with loving people and a peaceful place to live.

Hi everyone,  I'm Cullen from the stunning island of Barbados.  I need a change of pace and I'd love to move and invest in Panama.  I'm a qualified Advertising Designer / Photographer and an accomplished Sushi chef. 

I'm looking to find Barbadians and West Indians living in Panama who could advise/assist in my transition there in 2015. I need to know legalities, home ownership and possibly owning/running a B&B. Any help would be fantastic. I cannot wait! Thank you.

Da Sun God wrote:

Hi everyone,  I'm Cullen from the stunning island of Barbados.  I need a change of pace and I'd love to move and invest in Panama.  I'm a qualified Advertising Designer / Photographer and an accomplished Sushi chef. 

I'm looking to find Barbadians and West Indians living in Panama who could advise/assist in my transition there in 2015. I need to know legalities, home ownership and possibly owning/running a B&B. Any help would be fantastic. I cannot wait! Thank you.

My husband and I are thinking of Panama for retirement.  We love the water and definitely want to be very close.  We have been doing some research on the islands near boca del tores. We plan to visit the area in 2015. And would love to connect with someone in the area. Our plan to to tour the area for  two weeks and get to see and learn as much as possible in that short time.  We would appreciate any feedback on where to go and where to stay, or maybe hear what others have done similar. Thanks for any help

Debbie

Hi there

I moved to Panama in February this year, many people gave me help and advice before I came so it is only natural that I pass on helpful info in return!

Panama is not for everyone, and I am happy to answer any questions you may have, feel free to ask!

Regards

Lorna

Hi there

Everyone always assumes you have to go to Boquete or similar to get the cooler climates, actually there are other areas such as El Valle de Anton and Altos Del Maria which are both only an hour away from Panama City, 30 minutes from the beaches and have fantastic cooler climates and stunning mountain scenery...

I have chosen to live in between both so I have the best of both worlds!

Regards
Lorna

Hi there

I moved here in Feb 2014 with my Husband and 11 year old son.

There is a good choice of international schools and there seems to be an influx of younger people coming to Panama to work who have young families.

I would definitely recommend you come for a visit!

Regards
Lorna

Hi there

There is such a great variety of options here in Panama, Come and take a look round, don't limit yourself to just one area and take the time to check out as many places as you can!

Lx

Hi there

I live and work in and around Coronado...if you are here at the moment message me and we can catch up for a drink!

My Husband and I are not yet retired and spent a couple of years researching Panama before taking the plunge last February, we now live here full time...

Look forward to hearing from you!

Lorna

Hello everyone!!!
My name is Eugeni  ( Eugene). I am from Canada and try to find the new retirement country for myself.
My profession is  Naturopath and also used to work for many years as architecture.  At this moment  I am trying to find the right country for myself . I love adventure life but also  want  to have   small land and my own house ( which probably I will build by myself ) : ). :)
I wish all the best  for all of you!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, I have a property on the peninsula North West coast near Costa Rica you can find it on Google heart by looking for Punta Burica. It's a place in nature, you steel can find land at a good price. I am Canadian, if you like to visit the area I could tell you what I know about the peninsula.

Thanks - when we go we will be looking at different areas.

Hey,

I would be happy to help you out! Shoot me a quick email at david(at)doingbusinessinpanama.com. We can also help you out with moving to Panama and an legal/migration needs.

Hope you have an excellent year ahead,
David

Hi, my husband and I have been planning on retiring in Central America. We have not decided on any country yet but we are doing a lot of research lately and it looks like Panama has the best feedback from expats. Would you have any input on what we should expect if we would decide on retiring in Panama? :)

Thanks - we're not sure when we're going yet - have to organize a few things at home first.

Having never been to Panama, I don't believe that I could really advise anyone on what they can expect there.

My name is Chelle. I have owned a casual fine dining restaurant in Mobile, Alabama for the past 13 years. (The birthplace of Mardi Gras in the US). I am in the process of selling my restaurant and want to relocate to Panama. As I have been in the hospitality industry for over 25 years, I would like to find a Bed and Breakfast with a small restaurant in the Pearl Islands. I have especially liked the island of Contadora. My friend and I are planing to visit some time in January to explore opportunities. Any advice about running this type of business would be very helpful.
Thank you and Happy New Year!

Hello.
I will be moving to Panama around Feb 1, 2015. I'm in my 60's and simi-retired. My thoughts are to teach ESL while writing a book. I also own a company- AirPropel Charters, airpropel.com  Mostly about getting pets moved to/from the US.
I'm an adventurer, hiker, walk/runner, wine drinker, and all around nice person.
At this time, I need to figure out the details about the move starting with where to stay when the airplane lands. I'll be watching the blogs for help. I'm open to any location but do not care for cool climates so Boquete is probably out.
Hope to meet you when I arrive!

Greetings:
I am Ernie, I have talked to two law firms. I like your offer. I have a question . I want to buy the land concerned to avoid complaints and then apply for a permit to build a Hydro Dam. Is it difficult to get the permits needed and how long would that take, at what cost.? I have a location spotted .My project includes producing beef on the land, producing Fresh Water Lobster, Producing Aggregate, Coloring for concrete, Building high end homes around the lake as a result of the Hydro Dam.  I need a feasibility study for additional financing. Do you have any investors that would invest with a buy back option for me,.50-50 on the production until buy back is exercised.
I will live on the premises in a new home of my choice.
I have 217 acres in Puerto Rico but they will not issue a permit to grow Fresh Water Lobster remaining balance $350,000.00 It is located at a elevation of about 1000 feet asking price for smaller farms in the area is around $13,000.00 per acre but no one has any money.
Contact info:
[email protected]

Estimated capital needed 10-15M.

Please advise

Thanks
Ernie

Hi there I am looking for an investor from the Mid East to invest in Panama are you familiar with any investors from there?
[email protected]

thanks
Ernie

Hi StarsNmoon2; if you like the ocean check the Punta Burica peninsula I have a property there since 2005, I really like it.

Hi there

My name is Peter and I hope to visit Panama for my first "boots on the ground" trip in April.  I would like to stay with an expat family or persons if possible.  I am very willing to rent a room for the week if I have the comfort of kindred spirits.

Please reply if you have room or know of any.

Many thanks
Peter :)

Hi all.Iam a newbie.I am about to leave my own pub business that my parents gave me to move to central America.I don't no if it Is the rifts move, but life is short.I am 28.am I been ungreatful or am I been holding back.I think have to decide.HELP!!!

Closed