Option of relocating to Moscow Russia in early 2015

Hi there! I'm Pieter from Johannesburg South Africa. My wife and I are looking at the option of relocating to Moscow Russia in early 2015. My wife's work is eager to send her to Moscow, we have a baby on the way and if we should make the trip we won't be staying for more than two years. The questions I have are: how easy it will we be to integrate with a Russian and SA community, with a seven month old baby? We both don't speak/read Russian, will it be an issue? My wife obviously has a job, but how easy would it be for me to find something? I read English teachers are quite in demand, how easy is it to obtain a teaching job? Qualifications needed etc.? The cost of living compared to that of SA? And of course, how bearable will the winters be (as people who've only seen snow two or three times and traveling with a young child). Thanks any help or advice will be appreciated :-)

Regards
Pieter

Hi Pieter,

You live in Moscow would be more comfortable if you be able speak Russian. We have all stuff to care for babes here, except sunlight during winter. Main problem during winter is lack of sunlight, not cold or snow, especially for baby. We ussially give them fish oil with vitamin D.

I hope your wife's employer will lease flat for you. Have no idea about cost of living in SA, but can tell you some Moscow prices.

Regards
Andrey

Hi Pieter,

I just came across your post randomly and was wondering if you're still considering moving to Moscow next year? My husband and I are from Cape Town and have been here about a year, although we went back to SA for a few months to have our first baby (5 months old now). Neither of us speak Russian, although we have been learning the basics. You should know that there is little English spoken, but saying that we've managed to survive thus far (and know other expats who also speak very little Russian who also seem to cope fine). I would suggest learning the alphabet asap as that will help you read signs, metro stops, road names etc. The winters are rough, and this will be our first winter with our baby here. But it's not impossible, just be prepared to buy good coats, boots and snowsuit for baby here as you won't find anything in SA remotely suitable. Cost of living is expensive but it depends - some items are much cheaper than SA (internet, cellphones) and others much more expensive (take away cappuccino around R70!) If you're interested in more info I'm happy to share, but wanted to check if you're still considering coming before I go overboard. All of the best!

Hi my name is  Edna, and most of the teaching jobs there requires you to have a BA.
You can look in the New York times news paper and indeed jobs.com for jobs over seas.
are just type in the search bar and lots of things come up. Nanny agency's hire teachers and they pay good money.
But they have lots of teaching jobs in Russia. I have seen them. I don't  remember what I did to get there. But I am a nanny, baby nurse and a preschool teacher and have found lots of jobs there. Go on some US job sites and search.
teacher jobs over seas are in Russia.But keep in mind that the jobs are only for one year.

Good luck

ENGLISH TEACHER. NATIVE SPEAKER. +7-963-995-2567

Teachers to joy. Teachers give credit on favorable term
Work + housing. As in the Kama help young teachers 0
Time for a good investment 0
Apartments for young teachers
perm.aif.ru/economic/details/1351077

This link should help.
This is all in Moscow/ Russian.

Primary teaching in Russia
Protocol Education - Moscow, ID
Looking for an exciting new direction for your career?

Have you ever thought about teaching abroad?

Protocol Education are working with a group of British schools in Russia, who are recruiting for committed teachers with UK teaching experience, for this incredible opportunity. Vacancies are for Moscow and St Petersburg and begin in January 2015 and August 2015, with 1 year and extendable contracts available.

The school offer:

NET salary of up to £30,000
Flight allowance
Private Medical Insurance
Accommodation Allowance
CPD and fast career progression.

Interviews will be held in London in early January (via Skype) and job offers will be made on the day for suitable candidates.

If you are interested and want more information, email
reed.co.uk - 8 days ago - save job - block
» View or apply to job
View recommended jobs for you - 9 new
This job is on indeed.com. And here is the e-mail address to apply.I Hope this helps.