Doha and Dubai relocation companies. Warning

Hi All,

EDIT: Due to Expat.com admin requests, company names have been removed to protect the guilty, and save the blog from any possible recourse. company names are available via PM

After being in Qatar for over 2 years, and working through many channels to try and get my shipping issues resolved, I would like to document my experiences here so that new movers do not fall into the same trap.

I moved from Dubai to Qatar in 2012, a relatively simple move of our villa contents plus a motorcycle.

I used *Company 1* in Dubai, who then used their agent, *Company 2* in Qatar to clear and deliver the items.

Rather than bore you all with the details, here is what I have been trying to reconcile:

* A custom crate to transport my motorcycle was ordered and paid for with *Company 1*, the crate was never made, the motorcycle was damaged in the shipping

* Some items arrived in Qatar without any packaging, and were damaged beyond repair

* 2 bicycles were tied down so tight to the truck the wheels were bent

* Our glass outdoor entertainment table was smashed on delivery by *Company 2*, A replacement was promised, but never arrived despite months of chasing.

* When the items were delivered, a complete list of damaged items were given to both *Company 1*, and *Company 2* in order to begin the insurance process. A figure totalling 15,000AED

* Neither *Company 1* or *Company 2* filed a claim with the insurance company.

* My contact at *Company 1*, would keep assuring me for many months that the insurance was under process, only to go back on his word and try to blame *Company 2* for not doing the required

* As you can probably guess, *Company 2* in turn put the blame on *Company 1*

* I was asked to be patient and wait for the outcome of internal discussions at *Company 1* in order to resolve this matter, where I was offered 1000AED as a "special case" payment in full, far short of the 15,000AED insurance claim.

After investing countless hours in trying to resolve this through amicable channels, I have now lost all patience, and so I bring this issue to the social media and forums to at least warn people of the dangers of shipping and doing business with these 2 companies.

Leigh

Hi Leigh
Thanks for your warning about Movers. We may be in the position of having to hire movers Doha - UAE.

I would be interested to get the names of Company 1 and 2 - to avoid - and how long was it from packing day to being reunited with your possessions in your new home. e-m is [email protected].
Any other special tips/hassles?
Thanks, Ian

REMOVE ME FROM YOUS LIST , DONT INFORM ME ANY MORE .THANK YOU