Greetings y'all newbie here

Good Morning y'all ,

I've been planning to moving to Subang Jaya Malaysia in the mid of November 2014 and looking for information along with some good friends.It's my honor to be apart of this community i wish i would've found it Earlier.I've got so many questions to ask you guys 'cause many of your from Malaysia or expertise regarding so i guess it wouldn't be much problem.

I'd like to know first that how much time it will take to get a student VAL (Visa Approval Letter) letter ? (I've been told once that it'll take 6-8 weeks and the time is almost completed and yet haven't heard a word) Is it possible that having a student visa an international student can work or travel (any asian country) with ? What is the scenario or the process if you'll get married with Malaysian to get a Malaysian Passport / PR /Citizenship ?

Rest of the questions will ask you later guys, for the moment i think it's enough to introduce & ask something.I wanna know everything'bout it.

Looking forward to hear from y'all guys Once again pleased to be here.

Regards

TBP (TheBlackPearl)

Hoping you did not use an agent to get a student visa. The process is relatively simple, if you have provided proof of funds to support yourself and an accepted place at an educational college or university in Malaysia.

Permanent residency may be given to some spouses but only after about 5 years of living and working in Malaysia on a Long Term Social Visit Pass i.e. after marriage. Citizenship/Passport change is never offered.

Gravitas wrote:

Hoping you did not use an agent to get a student visa. The process is relatively simple, if you have provided proof of funds to support yourself and an accepted place at an educational college or university in Malaysia.

Permanent residency may be given to some spouses but only after about 5 years of living and working in Malaysia on a Long Term Social Visit Pass i.e. after marriage. Citizenship/Passport change is never offered.

Aye ! Good news is I've received my Visa Approval Letter (VAL) two hours ago , yup i'm using agent processing and everything else will be free of cost what they will do.That's strange i was hoping that i would've a citizenship but i guess they're to legislative :P.

Thanks for your reply it's helpful :-)

Why do you use an Agent instead of going through the legal process?  I really do hope that you are not receiving fake visa as it will be spotted when you arrive at the airport and the destination will be a Detention Centre to await deportation and being barred from ever entering Malaysia again.

So where are you going to study? Reminding you that you cant work on a student visa. Or to be precise, you can only work max of 20 hrs a week in college break periods of more than 14 days.

There is zero tolerance at the moment in Malaysia - Monday night about 15 foreigners were taken from their workplace by immigration raids.

Gravitas wrote:

Why do you use an Agent instead of going through the legal process?  I really do hope that you are not receiving fake visa as it will be spotted when you arrive at the airport and the destination will be a Detention Centre to await deportation and being barred from ever entering Malaysia again.

So where are you going to study? Reminding you that you cant work on a student visa or you can only work max of 20 hrs a week in college break periods of more than 14 days.

There is zero tolerance at the moment in Malaysia - Monday night about 15 foreigners were taken from their workplace by immigration raids.

Well they're not the fake nor even doing the illegal process , personally i had a chance to meet university staff members there was an exhibition going in a hotel i went there and talked to the staff.Everything have been doing legally so i guess nothing to worry'bout that :).

I think of that too  you can't work while your studying in Malaysia but you can when you have holidays more than a week or two.I can understand it is difficult but i won't be willing to take any risk if it would leave me behind nothing but trouble :P

Thanks a lot for your information ......... I think I've got what i need

Thanks

Good luck with your studies. The immigration authorities in Malaysia are more than aware of the reason for students coming to Malaysia and the "bride" being the bate.

Being Islamic makes life a lot easier, but still there are a lot of procedures to go through in order to get permission to marry a Malaysian. I believe you will also have to return to your country of origin while these are being processed.

The usual method in Malaysia is never to provide a response to any type of application until the precise time period stated has elapsed. Sponsors with financial means are also required for couples to marry in Malaysia.

Once a marriage has taken place and been registered, the foreigner is not able to seek employment in Malaysia until 6 months has elapsed. That is why there is always a sponsor who confirms they or the spouse can support the new couple. Finding work in Malaysia is not very easy for foreigners on any kind of immigration status. Of course finding the right girl whose family has a business is probably the best option. But even then, only certain companies are eligible to hire foreigners so that is why the number of jobs is greatly reduced. The companies simply do not qualify to hire foreigners because of the paid up capital and lack of MSC registration.  Some sectors are easier than others. IT is about the best. Commerce and financial jobs are very hard to come by as there are more than sufficient well qualified Malaysians to fill these positions.

Gravitas wrote:

Good luck with your studies. The immigration authorities in Malaysia are more than aware of the reason for students coming to Malaysia and the "bride" being the bate.

Being Islamic makes life a lot easier, but still there are a lot of procedures to go through in order to get permission to marry a Malaysian. I believe you will also have to return to your country of origin while these are being processed.

The usual method in Malaysia is never to provide a response to any type of application until the precise time period stated has elapsed. Sponsors with financial means are also required for couples to marry in Malaysia.

Once a marriage has taken place and been registered, the foreigner is not able to seek employment in Malaysia until 6 months has elapsed. That is why there is always a sponsor who confirms they or the spouse can support the new couple. Finding work in Malaysia is not very easy for foreigners on any kind of immigration status. Of course finding the right girl whose family has a business is probably the best option. But even then, only certain companies are eligible to hire foreigners so that is why the number of jobs is greatly reduced. The companies simply do not qualify to hire foreigners because of the paid up capital and lack of MSC registration.  Some sectors are easier than others. IT is about the best. Commerce and financial jobs are very hard to come by as there are more than sufficient well qualified Malaysians to fill these positions.

I see , i'll take precautions before taking further step ;) Thanks a lot be blessed