Help with Mac

I'm sorry as this is not related to any expat/Kuwait issues. Any kind of help would be much appreciated.

I tried to install word press ( for mac retina ) but it always ends up being saved as a useless file.
I went to ICity mac workshop ( which I think is the only place that fixes mac problems right? )
The programmer there told me that there is no wordpress version for mac. Is this true?

Any one knows how or where to do it?
Thanks a lot.

Hi
first you need to download MAMP, (http://www.mamp.info/en/downloads/) Its an application you can install on your Mac which allows you to have access to a local PHP server and MySQL server.
After That go for the wordpress.

this should help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP4E3KT12Zg

Try it.

What mbondok said may be what you are looking for, but before advising anything please explain in detail what you are trying to achieve? Wordpress is generally installed on the publicly accessible server on the internet. It can be installed locally for development/testing purposes, but I don't think this is what you want - I suspect you want to have your own Wordpress installation on the Internet. So what is it?

Thank you mbondok. So, if I did the steps would it work..are there other things to install..Do I need a programmer to do it for me or is it easy to do it on my own?
I don't have any experience with wordpress before nor with any relevant program.

Thanks Ribosom, apologies I wasn't very clear..and yes, I want  my own wordpress installation.

No you dont need any programmer also follow the steps on the vedio will guide u.
& Dont worry even if u make a wrong step nothing will happened you are dealing with MAC.
Good Luck

Thanks a lot mbondok! Will let you know if it works  :happy:

Sure, waiting

M88 wrote:

Thanks Ribosom, apologies I wasn't very clear..and yes, I want  my own wordpress installation.

Do you want it to be publicly reachable? Because in that case you are not supposed to install it on your Mac, but on the remote server.

blogging?

Ribosom wrote:
M88 wrote:

Do you want it to be publicly reachable? Because in that case you are not supposed to install it on your Mac, but on the remote server.

NO NO another damn server!  this is what I hate about computers.. I just want to make my blog  :sosad: are there easier ways

legacy wrote:

blogging?

well I'm not sure if this is going to happen soon  :|

M88 wrote:

NO NO another damn server!  this is what I hate about computers.. I just want to make my blog  :sosad: are there easier ways

Yes, go to www.wordpress.com and create one hosted by them.