Hi Everyone

Hi To Everyone,

I have not used this forum for a while, I am still very much interested in moving to Malta in the Future, so hello to everyone.

From Gloucester?? Worked there for 20 years!

I live in Gloucester, originally from Tewkesbury, its a small world 20 years of working in Gloucester you would know the area very well, its very beautiful, but so is Malta and Gozo, but very much contrasting.

I have been to Malta so many times over the last few years and I must admit I do like the place very much its a very addictive place.

Yes I know it well as I was a community midwife for many years. Mostly worked around quedgeley, tuffley and central areas. Some of the outlying areas were lovely, particularly when the sun was out....and actually loved all the autumn colours.....Worked at the hospital too. We lived in Cheltenham.
Malta has other good things to offer...and for me it is returning home as I was born here. Miss the fact that things actually happen there. Here.....frustrating. No one ever comes or phones when they say they will. Some would argue it is a lovely slow pace....but I find it verrrrrry frustrating I must admit.
Love the sea. I look out and admire it every day. So beautiful. I missed it.
But I also miss the cleanliness in UK. The fact that dog poo is picked up. I loved the open spaces, the fact that you could actually believe it, when it said "free range" on the label. No where is perfect, but we make choices.

I think you deserve to have a nice quiet time relaxing now after being a Midwife but what a wonderful rewarding career that must have been.
I live in the Tuffley and Quedeley area, I understand what you are saying.
I love the sea food iin Malta I am bored with elvers lol.
Thats why I love Malta and Gozo it's so contrasting from around here, what's the local Race Course like in Malta now that would be interesting, or playing Golf.
The Severn Estuary is great but waking up to that gorgeous blue sea every morning is great I could imagine
The dog mess is a problem, and the buses frustrated me last time I was over there a few months ago as they didn't have enough buses and we had to dodge the TV cameras for the local news as I didn't want to get involved with the local Politics, I just wanted to get to my destination on time.

Small world. I worked with the Severnvale surgery for over 10 years. Probably your GP's. Say hi to everyone....not sure how many of "my" GP's still there now.
Loved being a midwife. Loved being a community midwife in Quedgeley more. A lot of my babies there. Lol

That's St James at the back of Tesco, I go to another Doctors Surgery, I expect you must have delivered a fair few babies around the Gloucester Area, Are you going to carry on working in Malta and deliver some Maltese babies?

What is the weather like over where you are it is raining, cloudy and windy here.

I was just thinking that it must be Lampuki  season now, I could not get any when I was last over there in May.

There are 2 surgeries there. One is St James and one is Severnvale surgery. You are right. They are in a little square behind Tesco.
Weather here is beautiful (sorry!). Sea lovely and still very warm. And yes, we have lampuki.

That's the one thing about Malta that the weather is pretty much guaranteed, we have had a pretty good summer here apart from August was quite cold.

We have had a lot of berries and Apples this summer, and now Autumn is kicking in.

What other things will be coming into season in Malta over the next few months.

I have got my Sloe Gin on the go now so that should be ready for Christmas.

chinooks wrote:

Yes I know it well as I was a community midwife for many years. Mostly worked around quedgeley, tuffley and central areas. Some of the outlying areas were lovely, particularly when the sun was out....and actually loved all the autumn colours.....Worked at the hospital too. We lived in Cheltenham.

My eldest son was born in Gloucester Royal in '86, and we lived in Tuffley at the time - would he have been one of 'your babies' at the time?

Just to say Mikeinpoulton.. Loving your wafc pic  :D

I was working as a hospital midwife at Glos Royal at the time, so possibly our paths would have crossed. It is not such a big maternity unit.
I became a community midwife early 90s I think.

stef88 wrote:

Just to say Mikeinpoulton.. Loving your wafc pic  :D

Why, I thank you - 11 May 2013, possibly the greatest day of my life (oh! after getting married, oh! and the birth of my boys....you know what I mean). Do you have any affinity with the team?

My home town  :D my dad brother and son are big fans! Yes it was a very great day!!!

stef88 wrote:

My home town  :D my dad brother and son are big fans! Yes it was a very great day!!!

Mine too.....my parents still live in Whelley and I've still got my season ticket (10th year now since leaving the Forces) - even though I live 45 miles away. It's a small world we live in Stef88

Hope you and yours are having a fab time living in Malta - not be long before me and Rose make our move permanent (instead of our 4 times a year visits).

Take Care

Mike