Introducing myself..... Hi I'm Kirtika

Hi All,

I'm Kirtika, I was born in the United Kingdom and have lived there all my life. 10 years ago I married my husband, an Indian, and we continued living in the UK. We are now considering living in Ahmedabad,  I'm very nervous about making this decision and I thought joining this forum might help. I know some of the pro's and con's about living in India but it would be nice to hear what others think!?!? I am also hoping to join the expat community in Ahmedabad, it would be nice to have my own social group, anyone out there interested please get in touch. I will be over in October and would love to chat on here a bit and then meet up!
Hope to hear from you all soon.
Kirtika. x

Travel Writer, Photographer and polyglot

hi.. have u settled thr, whn you have plan to move to Ahmedabad.

Hi Kirtika,

Welcome back to India and welcome to Ahmedabad.  Ahmedabad is a very safe and has now grown into quite a cultural city too.  The social scene is quite active and there is lots of things happening in and around to be a part and enjoy living here.  Only missing thing is alcohol, which is prohibited for the locals and hence no pubs and bars, which if u'r not much into, of course you shall not miss it.. ;)  The expat community is ever increasing in Ahmedabad since more and more people from UK, europe, usa and latin america coming here for internships, student exchange, studies and for work.  If you wish to easily get in touch with the expat group, you can join them on facebook... The groups name is Ahmedabad Expat Group.  Also if you know about CouchSurfing, Ahmedabad has got quite an active CS community which you can join and connect with the locals... If you need any more help or info don't hesitate to write in to me on my email... [email protected]

Cheers

Nipun

Hi Nipun,

Thank you for your reply, sorry I've taken so long but I misplaced my password! Anyway I think that I'm taking in all the valid opinions, I was in Amd in April and loved the heat however I don't think I would feel the same about the monsoon. I'm taking my time to decide as it's a big decision for me. My husband however would love to go and live in India.

I believe there is not as much freedom for women in the Gujarat. In the UK I can go out on my own and it's not an issue and come home when I wish. When I've been to India in the past my husbands friends leave their wives at home, I find this very odd.

Let me know what you think....
[email protected]

@ Kirtika,

I agree to your point on the above message; however, the actual condition in other cities might be worst than what you have seen Ahmedabad. Probably Ahmedabad might be the city where you find more women who are free as compared to other cities.

It might be the condition of each developed city of India as well.

Hi i am david working in bpo industry.tell me the experience and how was the life in uk.I am waiting for your reply

Hi David,

Life in UK is fast and tough. You have to work hard if you want to achieve anything. It is a very competitive environment. However some great things are we have a lot of freedom, you can do what you when you want, as long as you have money! The weather is the worst thing about the UK, it's pretty miserable for about 8months of the year. From Oct to March we live in darkness, it's quite depressing. There are lots of great restaurants and bars, if your into that! I would recommend living in London as the best place to live, lots to do plus if you want to get away to India the airport is very close!
The cost of living is high so if you are thinking of coming here then you need to ensure you have plenty of start up money a secure job for when you arrive. Your minimum rent could be £350(monthly) for one room in London and £1000 for an apartment. Food is also very expensive, eating out is twice as expensive so make sure you know the basics of cooking, especially if you like Indian food! I would say that come to the UK for the life experience but settling here is over rated. Many of my husbands friends are going back to India.
Hope that helps.

Very informative post, Kirtika.

Kirtika Its really interesting about the life of uk but tell me one thing  after coming back to india what  are the problem you are facing because life style of  UkKis very different from India.R u getting the comfort in India as compare to UK.Please reply

Kirtika 78 wrote:

Hi Nipun,

I believe there is not as much freedom for women in the Gujarat. In the UK I can go out on my own and it's not an issue and come home when I wish. When I've been to India in the past my husbands friends leave their wives at home, I find this very odd.

Let me know what you think....
[email protected]

totally agree with you Kirtika ;)

I am filipina and i am now in rajkot... jaz arrived last august 6 its also my first time here... and we went to ahmedabad last week its really a nice city... and many many many cows in the city:))))) im a bit experiencing culture shock coz in philippines der are no cows in the city they live in the farm in village.. anyway Godbless...

Anyway here in rajkot has also many many many cows...i. the city proper... in the streets.. and.eveywhere... Im an amateur photographer but im hoping to learn more here since india is a country rich in culture and people preserves culture... so its really nice to capture shots wid a sense of classical views good ambience and naturality of living things God created:)

Hey,
Yes it's definitely a culture shock! I hope you make some good, trustworthy friends out there, you'll need them. Are you there for very long? I'm still in the UK, still haven't made up my mind. x

Keep educated n mannered person around u and you will enjoy in here
its safe city

Kirtika 78 wrote:

Hey,
Yes it's definitely a culture shock! I hope you make some good, trustworthy friends out there, you'll need them. Are you there for very long? I'm still in the UK, still haven't made up my mind. x

hello iam intrest can u call me 9008713200 iam wating u r reply

hey hi iam intrest can u wrote:

I would very strongly recommend no one call.

You are interested in what ?

Why you think people should call you ?

Hi kiritika
good morning.
How are you?

Hi kiritika.
Good morning.
Kem choo  mja ma.

Like bees around a honeypot..... :lol: 

If the OP had been a guy there would not be the same amount of interest..

Hi karling.
how are you?
Really you from rajkot gujrat.

mas fred wrote:

I would very strongly recommend no one call.

I would recommend every GUY should call that number ;)

chhatar singh wrote:

Hi karling.
how are you?
Really you from rajkot gujrat.

If you have nothing constructive to offer then please refrain from posting. This forum is not a chatline.

You could post on a new subject with information or advice as this is what the forum is all about.

Hello all

I think all have been said on this thread to help Kirtika ;)

Time to close this thread down  :whistle:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Closed