So I just able to login again after decades and I saw now I got one star karma- wonder what it means, is it good or bad? being not so active on the site, I dont really know how this site works.. and I think I 've missed a lot too.:/

I have no clue.
5,000 posts in, and I've never cared enough to find out. :)

Oh. 5000 posts!O.o  Mas Fred you must be a super senior on this site then  :thanks::thanks:

I was just worry since its a karma then maybe if I got a lot of it they will be ban me from this site haha but I didnt do anything  :unsure

The whole system will be reviewed in the coming months, as we want to make it clear for everyone ;)

http://www.partyhunterz.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Welcome_Back_Ban_4c5faf9b80f1d.jpg

Hi Dita,

Welcome back!

The present system is completely under review as our founder Julien mentioned, but right now it works like this:

Regular members will have a number of yellow suitcases under their username; they are a visual representation of the NUMBER of their postings. An actual posting count will appear below their avatar / photo along with their join date. So much for "quantity"

Below the posting count you'll see the Karma stars, which are basically a visual indication of the "quality" if you wish, of those postings. Really it's a bit more than that because a member's Karma is based on a number of different factors; quality of postings, completeness of their profile, guide submissions, classified ads posted, etc.

As you will notice the suitcases under Julien's, mas fred's and my username are blue. That indicates the member is directly related to Expat-blog, either a member of the administrative staff or TEAM as they're known, or volunteers selected from the membership to participate on the Experts Team, like Fred and I have been.

So, now you know and we're all glad to see you back - hope you're not going to wait so long to visit again!

Cheers,
James

Okokok hope I wont missed that one. Thank you Julien!

Thank you James ! Like that welcome avatar, verrry nice.  :top:

And for explaining me the current system on Expat.com. Now I think I got a clear idea how the site works. That karma star kinda scary tho,  hope this one will be reviewed on the new system. :D

Will try to visit Expat.com more often, to see whats going on here is always interesting but I was busy with this and that and then I got RSI so temporary I can not type as much as I want either but I will try.

Again thank you James, Julien and Mas Fred for the kind responds. Expat.com is still a friendly site and so its peoples, as always!  :one

I have another question, can I delete or edit an old post? Tq in advance.

Dita, once you hit the "submit" button you have a 60 minute window to either remove or edit a post.  After that you'd have to write to one of the forum moderators and see if they could make your desired change.

Oh okok,  I 've tried that  last night but not getting reply yet from the admin. Will judt wait. Thank you Ubudian.  :top:

Dita, you might try writing directly to Priscilla:

https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php … mp;lang=en

I have always found her to be very helpful and responsive. 

Cheers!

@ Ubudian > Thank you for your words. :)

-----

@ Dita Mignonesia > Can you please contact me in private so that i can guide you in a better way?

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

Ubudian wrote:

Dita, you might try writing directly to Priscilla:

https://www.expat.com/forum/profile.php … mp;lang=en

I have always found her to be very helpful and responsive. 

Cheers!

...and she's really cute. :D

Back to topic - Members can also use the 'contact us' button at the bottom of every page
Just send a message including the URL of the thread in question and they'll get back to you in their office hours..

@Ubudian, @Priscilla and @Mas Fred, thank you so much for the quick responds guys but Julien already deleted the post for me yesterday as I contacted him earlier and got quick respond as well but I found out later on cuz I had hard time to load the page due to my slow internet connection, I blame the sooo lemot indosat ofc :D:P

Will try to contact your refferance @ubudian if I need help again in the future and where can I found the contact us button Mas Fred and ugh your bounching sheep is annoying :D
@Priscilla I got your mail , I just need times to load it. ;)

Dita, when I first joined this forum I didn't much care for Fred's bouncing lamb either, (as you say, annoying), but over time it grew on me, and now, considering how long he's had it as his avatar, I can't imagine him using anything else.    :top:

Cheers!

A man's sheep is his castle and I shall defend it to the last bounce.

"A man's sheep is his castle..."   :lol:

I don't think I'll ask you how to explain that amigo!   :o

I fear where that discussion could go!   :D

This forum wouldn't be the same without the bouncing sheep.
I really must get out more!

One of the most extraordinary stories I've been party to near to where I live was the case involving a farmer who…hmmm, how shall I say???   Well, he got caught being a bit more “amorous” with his cow than most would ever consider. 

While this wasn't my banjar, I did get to listen to a friend describing the ensuing banjar meeting that resulted.  As he put it, when the farmer was asked, “why your cow?”  His response was quick and without hesitation, “she never says no, and she never asks for anything either.” 

Well, I'll just leave that story at that, and let imaginations run wild.  But it does put a whole new spin on "animal husbandry."    :o

I dont understand what Mas Fred said  or Ubudian story :/ like what is banjar.. :offtopic:
I think I had to agree with Lukereg not to glue so much to the screen.   :)

Banjar:

http://id.indo.com/featured_article/banjar.html

Dita Mignonesia wrote:

I have another question, can I delete or edit an old post? Tq in advance.

I once started a  thread on a wrong country... I got different reactions than what i was expecting, so when i checked my post again, i realised it was in the wrong country. I tried to find ways to delete it but there's just no option for that. What i did was to write to the admin to delete it and within 24 hours, instead of removing it, they manage to relocate it to where i originally wanted it to be.

Thats cool IinOff, I got fast respond from the site admins too! The admin deleted my old comment on the same day I reported it. :top:

what a serious borring article, Ubudian. :D  Its well written tho. ;)

If you think that article was boring, consider yourself lucky that you can't attend any banjar meetings.   :lol:

I dont get this.. just like why your lamb have to baunching all the time  :/

You don't get what?

Dita Mignonesia wrote:

I dont understand what Mas Fred said

A new take on, "An Englishman's home is his castle", just for my sheep.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/diction … his-castle

As for Roy's terrible libel about my relationship with flossie the sheep (For 'tis her name), PM me for fun nights in the Pennines (Bring your own wellies).

Giving a name to your "she animal" is apparently just the first step.  That Balinese farmer I mentioned earlier called his sapi, Ayu.   :P

Shall I warn Mrs. Fred to keep an eye on you?   :D

Dita, leave Fred with his sheep. Trust me, you will never get to the bottom of the mystery surrounding why it's there.
Many have tried and failed.

I've checked your link..hm but Mas Fred, your baunching sheep hurts my eyes..stop bauching puhlease :unsure

Oh Noooo :o I hope I am not in trouble!  :unsure

Aaah oki doki Lukereg, Mas Fred confused me even more with his Roy story. I meant, who is Roy??? :huh:

what banjar meeting?

Roy is Fred's 3rd cousin twice removed who used the name Ubudian which really means Ubud Ian so if you call him Ian he will understand.
Ian by the way is the name of the sheep's father in his avatar.
Or I could be wrong.

Dita please don't leave this forum, you bring balance back to it.

:top:

Speaking of sheep, don't you hate it when one goes astray away from the rest of the sheep? Just like when some posts are off-course and amiss of the rest. Just thinking out loud LOL..

Most of my posts go off topic. I have had countless removed. This one will be next!

Dita Mignonesia wrote:

Oh. 5000 posts!O.o  Mas Fred you must be a super senior on this site then  :thanks:

No, I'm just some dude with time on my hands ... and a lot more posts now.

Fred wrote:
Dita Mignonesia wrote:

Oh. 5000 posts!O.o  Mas Fred you must be a super senior on this site then  :thanks:

No, I'm just some dude with time on my hands ... and a lot more posts now.

I guess soo..even your baunching sheep always seems to have a lot of energy  :D