Residence Visa but wife got pregnant..can i visit alone for first time

Hi Guys,
I got approved NZ visa and now they asked me to send passports for visa stamp.

I was supposed to send passports to NZ for visa stamp on coming 5th-AUG and hopefully i will get passports back after 20 working days.
but
i just came to know yesterday my wife get pregnant...as per [NZ residence visa] you must have to make first entry within 12 months after visa stamp. Baby will deliver in hopefully in March/April 2015.

Now, if visa stamped in Aug2014 then i need to travel before Aug 2015 and baby will be 4 months only which is difficult to travel for 4 month old baby.

Your Advise Required:

1. Should we hold the passports for next two more month i.e up to October 2014......since they gave us time to send passports before 11 December 2014 OR should we send passports? If visa will stamp in October 2014 then i can travel in October 2015 for first visit.

2. Should we ask this question to Immigration Officer or leave as it is if they will change the decision.

3. After birth of baby we will get new baby visa or not? If yes, any idea how it will be?

4. Is this mandatory to travel along with family or i can make only my entry only tht's enough?

If you are on a Residence VIsa, you can consider having your wife give birth in NZ, just my 2 cents ;)

Its good idea....but due to current job i cannot leave for long time...any other suggestion plz?

You are best to contact the NZ immigration authorities and ask them for advice.
If you hold the passports past the time frame given by them they may then cancel your visas.

I second Jade comment. As residence it would be best for both of you to have ur baby delivered in nz. Adding to that, as u been given rv, you must at least be in nz for 164day per annually term and both of you have the option to go back if u wish to deliver ur baby in your home country. You may check with inz for clarification.

hi norhizam ,
I agree with you but what about my current job...i cannot get leave from my job...this is big issue.

If you are the primary applicant, only you need to do that touch down in 12 months window. Also, Nationalized health care / medical cover for your family is covered immediately the day you land here, just so you know.

Hello can i ask a question regarding on my visa? Will this is what happen of my application for New Zealand.. My husband is a residence in New Zealand.. And i applyed for a visit visa under partnership, my visa officer send me an email stated that my husband and i doesnt meet the requirements of being living together since we just got married last May 2014 and he just have a month staying here in philippines.. Since they are convince that our relationship with my husband is stable and genuine they offered me another type of visa with is visit visa under general category so they send me an visa agreement form that if ever i will accept there offer i need to sign it.. And i accepted there office! My question is if they offered you another option is that mean that there is no posibility already that they would decline my application?

Generally they don't reject if they came up with the different visa option. In other words if they advised you for visitor visa instead of spouse visa, that means they will most likely will issue you the visitor visa. Besides, your spouse is already in NZ, so what different does it make what visa you get. Just get your visa, and come down here. Once you pass 6 months in NZ living with your spouse, just apply for residence class visa in NZ Immigration Auckland office.

Thank you! Now its a relief.. But i havent get my visa yet will they already send it but due to the typhoon it was delayed.. Hoping i can get there on saturday..thats what my husband want as soon as posible..so im gonna spent my xmas there for the first time im so excited!!!!!😃😃😃😃

Hi
Pls help me!!!! I m sailing in the same boat....i m currently holding nz resident visa and have to be in nz by oct 2015....can u pls tell me if my wife delivers the baby in my native country i.e, india will it be a problem to get a resident visa for our new born?have u got any information regarding this matter as u were also in the same situation few months back pls email me if u can on [email protected] thanks in advance eagerly waiting for your replyyy!!!

yousufinnz wrote:

Hi
Pls help me!!!! I m sailing in the same boat....i m currently holding nz resident visa and have to be in nz by oct 2015....can u pls tell me if my wife delivers the baby in my native country i.e, india will it be a problem to get a resident visa for our new born?have u got any information regarding this matter as u were also in the same situation few months back pls email me if u can on [email protected] thanks in advance eagerly waiting for your replyyy!!!

I would suggest that you contact the nearest NZ embassy or Consulate for information.
If you were to be in NZ for the birth then it would be much better as the authorities would look favorably on the child's status.