Job Market for software testing professional in Auckland

Hi Friends,

This is my first post on the forum , my name is Anil and I am a software professional with 8 years of experience in  manual testing primarily in banking & finance domain including Payments, Credit cards etc , I have worked for International firms at client location for over 3 years and as such have rich international experience .Recently have got NZ PR and looking to come down. I tried contacting few recruiters online also have applied for couple of jobs via seek.co.nz but didn't get any response. Please can you help me understanding :-

1. How is the job market at Auckland for software testers in manual testing.
2. Are NZ market open for immigrants with no experience locally, I ask this bcoz my friend in Australia has to suffer a lot and have to return India after not able to get a single call for 5 months even though he worked at London for 4 years in Europe's biggest bank and had rich experience in testing.But job market in OZ is dried up for immigrants although every year gov issues skills shortage and IT Software Tester in under that category. Clearly it is wrong and immigrant loose their job & money if they move to such countries.
3. I goggled and found that there is lack of skilled IT professionals in NZ and hence chances are bright but also aware that this may be wrong as after very hard search I could not find any expats giving his her experiences in job search with proper reviews/feedback.

Please can anyone help me with this as I am planning to move between Mid to end Sept. thanks.

Regards,
Anil Singh.

Job seeker NZ wrote:

Hi Friends,

This is my first post on the forum , my name is Anil and I am a software professional with 8 years of experience in  manual testing primarily in banking & finance domain including Payments, Credit cards etc , I have worked for International firms at client location for over 3 years and as such have rich international experience .Recently have got NZ PR and looking to come down. I tried contacting few recruiters online also have applied for couple of jobs via seek.co.nz but didn't get any response. Please can you help me understanding :-

2. Are NZ market open for immigrants with no experience locally, I ask this bcoz my friend in Australia has to suffer a lot and have to return India after not able to get a single call for 5 months even though he worked at London for 4 years in Europe's biggest bank and had rich experience in testing.But job market in OZ is dried up for immigrants although every year gov issues skills shortage and IT Software Tester in under that category. Clearly it is wrong and immigrant loose their job & money if they move to such countries.
3. I goggled and found that there is lack of skilled IT professionals in NZ and hence chances are bright but also aware that this may be wrong as after very hard search I could not find any expats giving his her experiences in job search with proper reviews/feedback.

Please can anyone help me with this as I am planning to move between Mid to end Sept. thanks.

Regards,
Anil Singh.

To be brutally honest you have very little chance finding work in NZ. The job market is drying up now.

Thanks Stumpy, any specific reasons you think so. In the NZ gov website chances of getting jobs as Test Analyst is shown as strong and my skills are in long term shortage list...does this mean survey is different from what actual scene is??

Job seeker NZ wrote:

Thanks Stumpy, any specific reasons you think so. In the NZ gov website chances of getting jobs as Test Analyst is shown as strong and my skills are in long term shortage list...does this mean survey is different from what actual scene is??

Yes

Hmmmmm...that is sad.... I have filled the EOI, submitted docs and got to this stage now not sure my next step.
I am thinking to give it a go by visiting for a month or 2 & see if I get any responses........

It will be grt if any one can suggest something more/give their insights...

What a brutal and baseless reply to someones years of planning, dreams and hard work !!!!!

Bro do not consider his reply, I have no idea what made him to reply like this but trust me Auckland IT job market
(at least IT market) is burgeoning. I am in IT from last 4 years and now I am in my 3rd IT job here.

I am not saying there are plenty of jobs and its easy to make through ..But bro struggle is everywhere, why don't you struggle in a beautiful country ??  Finding a job is not a cupcake you can eat straight away , It takes time, luck and tactics + planning . Come to NZ , first stay here for a month and do not rush for jobs.. Try to make yourself familiar with NZ cultural , Get insight of job market. Change your CV and Cover letter to what NZ employers like. Get some local training on Interview skills.

And don't forget Good English with clear soft tone is first key to success.. If you can do all this and there is no BRUTAL EVIL in this world who can stop you to get an IT job in New Zealand.

stumpy wrote:
Job seeker NZ wrote:

Hi Friends,

Regards,
Anil Singh.

To be brutally honest you have very little chance finding work in NZ. The job market is drying up now.

(Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls )

There's heaps of IT work in Auckland - lots of small app and software development companies. You'll need to get here first, then build relationships. Look on meetup.com for local software meetups and build your connections. New Zealand is very much a country where knowing the right person will get you a job much more easily. People care less about your qualifications here and more about whether you have experience and willingness to work hard.