Tennis

I just moved to Dar from NYC & LOVE tennis. It would be great to meet other players. I'm an advanced player but just love to play with all levels and use the sport to meet people. Let me know if you're up to knocking some balls around. Cheers, Tony

Im sure there is some sort of tennis group at the courts in dar or at gymnkanah near posta?

hi!
My name is Robin. ll be glad to play tennis if u still looking for players.
My number : 0785311196
cheers

hi! I am moving to Dar at the end of the year and love playing tennis. Unfortunately I have not heard much about tennis here and that the only club  to play at is gymkhana ... has anyone played there and had a good experience? Are there any other tennis clubs, particularly on the peninsula? I would love to join a ladies league or even join a few tennis drills.

Hi,i like playing tennis and would love to join you guys playing if you are up to play some time.I am an intermediate player.I checked on Gymkhana and started taking lesson while looking for some friends to play with.

Hi Toni!
I donŽt know if you are still here in Dar. IŽve just move in 2 months ago.
I also play tennis, medium-advanced level (I started at 7 years old, but I didnt play the last 15 years, just a little in Nigeria last year).
I am a member of Gymkhana Club and I re-started with coachs, but I would like to play with someone once a week. (going every Sat and Sund 8 to 9.30 am)

If you are still around, this is my email: [email protected]

bye:)

Carmen

Tony, I will be moving to Dar in the New Year from London and would love a set or two.  My email is: [email protected] if you want to get in touch to arrange a game.

Also would be great to find out more about Dar before moving out!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Harry

Hi Hanna
Did you manage to find a group of people to play tennis? I've recently moved to Dar and am keen find some people to play a bit of social tennis with. I'm intermediate level (at best!!). I work shifts so can play during the week. My email is [email protected].

Johnny

Hi Hanna....nice to hear from you. I'm back in NYC but am returning to Dar in a few weeks. I coach junior players in Tanzania's tennis development program as well as wheelchair players for the Paralympic Committee and it brings me great joy! It will be fun to knock a few balls around. I'll reach out to you when I return. My email address is [email protected]. Cheers, Tony

Hi tennis group!
I would like also to play some balls not only with the coach.
My level is also intermediate ( I played in the tennis circuit in Spain when I was young).
I appreciate is you accept me in the group.
Thank you

Hi Maria...I'm still back in NYC but am returning to Dar in about a week and would love to knock a few balls around. I'm an "unofficial" consulting coach working with the TZ Tennis Assn (TTA) & the TZ Paralympic Committee so I'm not one of the guys you have to pay - ha! I'm very friendly with the woman who is the current Secretary General of the TTA and, when I return, I can ask her about players she'd recommend for you.

My email address is [email protected]. I'd give you my Dar phone number but I picked up an iPhone5 & don't know if I have to get a brand new SIM card.

Cheers, Tony

Thanks a lot Tony!
I am not in Dar also, but I will be back starting of April, ready for playing some balls.
I saw the paraolimpyc team at Gymkhana in some tournaments, they are amacing!

All the best

Great! Most of the time the male wheelchair kids/adults play at the Kijitonyama Club courts and the girls play at the Jangwani Secondary School so I'm glad you got to see them at Gymkhana.

The 3 big problem are:
(1). Both groups have very poor or no equipment
(2). The girls don't have a tennis court (they play on a deserted slab of cement with a temporary net)
(3). Transportation to the courts is expensive: they can't take dala dala's, taxi's are too expensive and bijaj's are very small.

I'm handling the equipment issue myself. I bought loads of rackets at thrift and second-hand stores here in NYC and am trying to get tennis balls too. However, my challenge is shipping it back to Dar with me. I'll figure it out.

I'd send you a few pictures of the players but I can't figure out how to attach pictures so here's a link to a pic of me with Adili at the Kijitonyama courts - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … =3&theater

Anyway, safe travels & I'll see you in Dar...Cheers, Tony

hi, johnny

are you still staying Dar? my name is roger zhao, from china. i will stay here for two months. now i am looking for tennis pals to play together here, if you have time and interested, contact me. my email:[email protected]

thanks

Coming to Dar next week for a couple of months. Want to play tennis. Beginner. Please, give me some advices about where to play and what is the price of court rent.

Ghymkana club!

This is the best place to play, with 15 tennis courts and a lot of coaches (different levels).

Price for playing for non-members is 10000 tsh per day (around 5 euros) and coach price is 10000 tsh per hour + ball-boy (if you want!- 4000 tsh per hour).

Good luck!

hi Everyone,
My name is Tony wilander from Sweden.. I am tennis Coach in Sweden but in two weeks time i will be in tanzania...(Zanzibar and Dar).I will like to connect with tennis players as soon as I arrive.
Cheers!!
Tony.

Hi Tony,
I would love to play tennis preferably at Gymkhana club, Dar Es Salaam.
Plz share your contact no. once you reach Dar.
My contact no. Is +255-689302496
Any other partners will also be fine.

Regards
Ashish

Hi!
I send you a sms today, just checking if you got it

Tony

Hi Wilander!

Are you related to the famous tennis player, Mats Wilander?

You should go to Gymkhana, the best place to find the best players in Dar.

All the best!

Hi,

I am a tennis player. Please let me know if you're still in Dar.

Cheers

Yes, he is my cousine.
I look for work as a coach here, or something

hello everyone

i m back to Dar  right now. and i will stay for a while, at least one month. if you have time to play tennis. please don't hesitate to contact me. i m always hot on playing tennis😁. my email.:[email protected]

hello well be back
n nice to see u here.,pliz am in hliday time here in Dar can u teach me tennis as afun?

my numbercis is 0715669985 thank u

Hello all

Since this thread is dated 2012 and that we do not have much interaction from the initiator of this thread, I think its largely time to close it down.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team
[Topic Closed ]

Closed