STC 4G LTE ROUTER ISSUE

i have a stc 4g router ,which has 14months  1400 sr.befroe i have got it more than 1.5mb downloading speed.

also during the last 6month i has been downloaded more than 1000gb

now i facing ,daily i have getting only 500mb per day /speed 1.5mb

when i download more than 500mb ,then speed it will be reduced 25kb-70kb like that

why its happening like that ,

i heard all isp limited whole unlimited pack speed limited

how much gigabite allowed full speed daly or monthly or yearly
kindly advise me

I'm not sure about STC Limits, but all Broadband Connections are required to limit the data usage.. they call it fair usage policy.. so even though they say it's unlimited its not really unlimited since they decrease the speed after a certain amount of Daily Usage

The other issue with Broadband in Saudi.. depends on where you live and how many people are using the Cell Tower near you.. so at peak usage hours, your speed will drop naturally even if you didn't reach the limit

The only TRULY Unlimited Solutions are STC Joodnet (DSL Services), http://www.stc.com.sa/wps/wcm/connect/e … e/jood-net

Also mobily eLife and based on my experience it's the best solution if you were lucky and they have a service box in your area, i made a contract for 1490 SAR / Year for Truly unlimited 25 mb

a few of my friends have tried STC Fiber and they say they didn't get the full speed.

You might find more information on this post as this topic has already been discusse on multiple occasions :
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=314014

Dear,

Recently, STC started implementing  "Fair usage Policy FUP". This will limit the throughput once you exceed a certain DL traffic volume (expected to be around 1Gb -1.5Gb per day).

BR
S

hi Casperitus,

thanks for quick respond.

Also big hats of you for your valuable comments.

if you have any more details regarding stc prepaid unlimited KSA plan kindly revert me.

[email protected]

+966501912301

best regards

You can order it throw the website but you will need to take a photo of STC Service Box at your building..

The offers are available on their website, and I think they offering a free month to try it out first if you called customer services and asked about it

The installation guy would call within few days, you should have a phone cable prepared (from the service box to your router placement), good wire gets better signal.

After the installation make sure to logon the router page and check the speed, some service boxes don't support high speeds.
The speed however won't be less than 8mb, unless you order the 2mb package

No limits, stable speed all day and night & lower ping rates

"Fair usage Policy FUP" you should consider.  I have Mobily 4G, and if I use more than 15GB per week, my line get slow