Advice On Renewing a Visa

Hi,

Wondered if anybody can help. I came to Tanzania for a 6 month stay with my Girlfriend who is working for an NPO. I obtained my Visa in the UK 2 weeks before my departure date. As they do not post date Visas, it started from the day i got the Visa. I planned to get 2x3 month visas (Renewing after 3 months in Tanzania. The problem I have is that My 2nd 3 month visa will expire on the 8th of the month and my flight home is booked for the 22nd.

I didnt know what the repercussions were for overstaying a Visa. For example, if I was on my way home and they spotted my Visa expired 2 weeks earlier what is the penalty? In a bit of a pickle, advice would be welcome.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Hi. My advise would be do not overstay at all. I went to immigration and they gave me a complimentary 1 month extension. Further to that, they would not extend any further.

My advice would be to leave the country, re-enter and then you can buy another 3 months at $50. I cannot do that now as it would take me to 7 months during the year which is not allowed. Leave (maybe to Kenya) for a few days or a week and come back in pal, only way to stay 6 months as a tourist.

Hope this helps.