Planning to move to Germany with family

Hi everyone we are planning to immigrate to germany with family is it gonna be a good idea?

Hello Samtindus,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Depending on your situation, moving to Germany with your family may be or may not be a good idea.
Therefore it would be strongly appreciated if you can give us further details please as your post above is quite short and unclear.

Did you receive a job offer there maybe? And your children, how old are they?  :happy:

Thanks for enlightening us

Priscilla  :cheers:

It depends on what you are trying to achieve by moving.
Please explain your motives and then we can possibly advise more.

Hi Priscilla thanks for your prompt response. just to add my fiancee is a German citizen but did not stayed in Germany since her Dad chose to live in Asia. Now she is planning to immigrate back to Germany,.

Hi Beppi my fiancee is a German citizen.

At least with a German partner you won't have a visa problem (after your wedding and living together long enough to prove that it's not a marriage of convenience).
But whether it's a good idea depends on your plans and motives, which you still didn't tell us.

This is a very general question and the answer depends on what you expect and how you prepare. To live longer in Germany one needs to learn the language. Yes, one can survive with English to get necessities but this will get old very quickly. To be accepted and converse and socialize freely, the quicker one learns the language the better. Without a good level of language, many foreigners are limited in the jobs they can find and socially isolated. Just read through the many discussions on this site and one will see how many people struggle with finding friends and becoming comfortable being an ex-pat. Some arrive in Germany thinking that since it is an advanced, rich country compared to where they come from, that everything will be easy but it's not. Lots of things are possible in rich countries if one has the money to afford the good life but while nobody starves here, being at the bottom of the social/economic ladder is not what some immigrants expected. I've met foreigners that felt lonely and helpless and others who took the attitude of "hey, I have a roof over my head, food on the table and nobody is shooting at me - like where I came from". It all depends on how you look at it.

It depends of your qualifications, where you come from, already signed  a job contract?
Which city you want to go?

If you have the administrative side organized (e.g. the points others have raised about a job, etc.), Germany is a great place to be a kid--if your family includes kids.

Hi get some info at mygermany14.blogspot.com, though it is tailored made for Malaysian, some of the info is generic.

Hi
If you got any answer please let me know also .I am too planning to move in Germany from London with family.

This blog also quite interesting khairulabdullah.com but u need to get the translation ON.