Cost of living in tanzania ,DAR

hi guys, My name is pramod, I have been offered a job  in dar,TZ. i would like to know what would the cost /month of below mentioned  utilities so as to get an idea on the cost of living in TZ which would help me in deciding whether to accept offer or not.   :

1) house rent (2 bhk) in a decent good location with Indian community around.
2) car rental
3)  Taxation in Tanzania
4)  safety for women
5) other expenses /month
6) what could be a good salary to bargain with good saving potential with a family of 2 people?

Looking forward for a speedy feedback .

regards
pramod

PRAMb9LT wrote:

hi guys, My name is pramod, I have been offered a job  in dar,TZ. i would like to know what would the cost /month of below mentioned  utilities so as to get an idea on the cost of living in TZ which would help me in deciding whether to accept offer or not.   :

2) car rental
3)  Taxation in Tanzania
4)  safety for women
5) other expenses /month
6) what could be a good salary to bargain with good saving potential with a family of 2 people?

Looking forward for a speedy feedback .

regards
pramod

Welcome to the forum

For cost of living try www.numbeo.com 

As far as a salary goes it would all depend on what industry the job is in, what qualifications and experience you have. You could try www.payscale.com or do  a Google search.

Dear Pramode,
First of all congragulations u got the job in Tanzania, its a peaceful country no problums,but what is ur salary,what are the terms and conditions,where ur job located,its most important it depends on the location u stay,if its in the city cost of living is higher. in remot place cheeper. but city is good.

more details write me     [email protected]
Mechanical engineer tanzania.

Thanks Mr Prince . My salary is 5000 USD all inclusive . I will be located in Dar es salaam. medical insurance and visa for the family provided by the  company.  To and fro ticket for the family provided by the company. i will prefer to stay in the city.we are a family of 2 me and my wife. so request if you can give me some information on the below :

2) car expense /month
3)  Taxation in Tanzania
4) safety for woman
5) other expenses /month (excluding house and car expense).
6) what much can i expect to save in a month out of 5000usd with a family of 2 people?

expecting your feedback at the earliest

regards
pramod

Hello pramod and welcome to Expat.com

While waiting for members to give you some infos, I invite you to browse through different threads on the Cost of living in Dar es Salaam section of the forum to gather some infos.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Pramod,

I am Ramesh from Banglore and staying in Dar es salaam since 3 Years, Text me your number & will call you...will explain you in details Cost of living & other as well...

Don't worry, we are here to help you...

Ramesha Raju
M :; +255785336889

Hi Pramod,
This is prince from tanzania,you can save 3000USD,do not worry yaar, you please come lot of indians and most of them are very good people all are very helpful to each other. the vegetables,meat are cheaf, cost of living are not higher.
ladies / women no problum.much safer than india.
if you want more details pls
very good and peaceful country,very good weather,nice resturants all are run by indians.
we wish you good luck safe journey.
urs fellow indian  Mr.Prince
Project Engineer Cement Plant at twiga.
Dar Es salaam. Tanzania.

PRAMb9LT wrote:

Thanks Mr Prince . My salary is 5000 USD all inclusive . I will be located in Dar es salaam. medical insurance and visa for the family provided by the  company.  To and fro ticket for the family provided by the company. i will prefer to stay in the city.we are a family of 2 me and my wife. so request if you can give me some information on the below :

2) car expense /month
3)  Taxation in Tanzania
4) safety for woman
5) other expenses /month (excluding house and car expense).
6) what much can i expect to save in a month out of 5000usd with a family of 2 people?

expecting your feedback at the earliest

regards
pramod

Try this website for cost of living etc www.numbeo.com