Life at Senegal for Indian families

Hello,
This is sumithra (indian) and at present we (me and my husband) are
in Nigeria ( Phortheart court ) .
My husband works in Petrochemical company. He is CA .
Recently he got offer at Senegal.
Would you please let me know life at Senegal for Indian families.
Thanks,
Sumithra reddy

Hello All,
Just wanted to share the information that i have got form a very nice and kind friend ( Mr.Raj form Expat.com ,rajjandu ) and this information would help those (Indians) who wants to move Dakar.

Below info is given by him ... ( and personally i would also say its a nice place to work since my husband Kishore kumar reddy is already staying and working since 3 Weeks and i would move to Dakar by this month end ) ........

Senegal is good country to live safe and secure... its main thing..... there are not many Indians but many south Indian families here and can have good family groups.

Answers  given by Mr. Raj to my questions :

1) Hows hospitals in Dakar (down town) , Hope no more Ebola fear ??
there are good hospitals in Dakar that is no problem, and Ebola is not yet big fear for Senegal. so don't worry.

2) Do Indians gather for festivals ?? , any Hindu temple there ??
yes we do have get together on festivals like Diwali also and few others but not so many. we don't have Hindu temple in Senegal.

3) Things i need to pack when i travel Dakar
nothing special.. not very cold weather but some how bit hot weather so no need to carry very heavy jackets.

4) This question might seem silly (can i get curry pattha there ? As we are veg ,south Indians we use it in our dishes a lot)
yes its possible to get curry pattha in Senegal as there is Indian super market in Dakar. an you can many Indian stuff in this super market.

5) What are places to visit in and near by ??
there are places to visit but not manyyyyy manyyyyyyy but still you can enjoy time. beautiful beaches
or island
goree island
sea plaza shopping mall
sandaga market
almadies point
saly tourist place
travel to ziguinshor by ship
touba religious city

Regards,
sumithra reddy  :)

Hi, I am rama krishna from Hyderabad. I am planning to move to Dakar in a few weeks. Could anyone please let me know how serious is the ebola problem in Senegal 'on the ground'.

thanks and regards

rama krishna

venk_14 wrote:

Hi, I am rama krishna from Hyderabad. I am planning to move to Dakar in a few weeks. Could anyone please let me know how serious is the ebola problem in Senegal 'on the ground'.

thanks and regards

rama krishna

Welcome to the forum

I suggest that you Google "ebola senegal" I found update in less than 30 seconds.

You should also check with your own govt website regarding travel in Ebola regions.

Senegal is declared Ebola free by WHO as on date.

Dear Sumithra,

Thanks for the inputs given in the blog.

I am currently located in Chennai and planning to move to Senegal. Wanted to know more about the life for a south Indian there.

Is this country safe for taking wife and children?
Entertainment for the family in weekend?
Main language seems to be French. Does English have mileage/respect there?

Regards
M R Balaji

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

I mithila would like shift my family to Dakar.  Is that place safe for females n kids? Please can I get any information and contacts.

I am planning to shift Senegal ICS darou with family , any one can suggest is it safe place for family,how is life there.
what about the living cost?

what may be the average salary for 15 years exp engineers.?

Hi, I,am from indian  want to set up business at dakar freetrade zone, want afriend like you who is CA,  my proposed companey, I,came to now that you are working.
want advice  from you, i, my intrest in oil filed/ infrastructure/ hotel.
my proposed invest ment up to 20milin usd.
are you intrested to join me?
my [email protected]
ashis

Hi ashis > please note that i removed your duplicate posting. Also note that you are a bit off topic here. I invite you to create a new topic with a proper introduction and ask your questions on the Dakar forum. Thank you.

Hi I aM Pankaj . Planning to shift to Dakar . Can anyone advise me bout one room rental charges with att toilet and kitchen . Also bout the cost of living there

hello there are many indians in Senegal and they are comfortable as senegal is a open country . I have an Indian friend named Abass I will have him contact u for more info

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : post in the Business partners classifieds in Dakar svp svp

Thanks Ms Sumithra for posting this message. I am also going to Senegal on 25th of this month. These information will be very helpful.

Where are you from ? Did you shifted to Senegal?

Hi all this is Ariffrahiman I am from Tamil Nadu. I am now in Dakar. I would like to contact indian people's. My WhatsApp number ***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct