Driving a Private Car from Davao to Butuan

Lets start with, I have successfully driven in and around Manila, through Laguna, Cavite, to/from Olongapo and my many motorcycle trips over Zambales. So for me, driving here is not a real issue, just trying to measure how to make the journey easier and safer for my partner and I. When driving or riding in the Phils, I am aware of the local driving habits, in particular, their lack of credible driving/riding ethics, as I take all that into consideration, where ever I travel.

I am seeking the following:

How long does it take to drive, a self drive car, from Davao to Butuan? Or the other way, it does not matter.

What are the things I should be aware of, during that journey? I am fully aware there will be slow local traffic along the way.

What info can anyone give me about this route and hazards I could come across and really need to be aware of?

Hello ABCDeVil

Welcome to Expat.com

Hope that some local members will be able to help you soon.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Make sure to take extra copies of the or and cr.  Some roros require them. Only issue is during the rainy season, some roads/bridges will be impassable so have back up options. Otherwise, go for it.

Driving from Davao to Butuan, there are no roro's, so I do not need extra copies of the or & cr.

I just want to hear from anyone who has travelled this route, how long could it take and what are the road conditions and is there anything I should be aware of, during this journey.

that would be impossible to answer  unless provide more info  ,will you drive non stop?what speed you drive ,what route will take  , will you visit tourist attractions along the way  ?  a rough estimate would be around 7hrs.

Yes I will not be stopping during this drive. No stopping to take in the tourist attractions. We just need to get to our destination. If you suggest it is approx 7hrs, then I will take that as a good sign. What I really am interested in, are there any major road blocks ie bridges out or under major repair, or is the road sealed (concrete or tar roads) and yes I not expect any roads anywhere to be perfect, but if they are in reasonable condition, with the usual pot holes here and there, that is an expected thing.

Hi,

If you are driving using SUV it will take 6 to 8 hours.