My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep

shakespeare61 wrote:

aren't you being negative. I thought euro people are progressive in their thinking

Algeria is not Europe, but an poor North African country. Furthermore, dishonest people exist anywhere.
I wouldn't call it negative, but cautious.

beppi wrote:
shakespeare61 wrote:

aren't you being negative. I thought euro people are progressive in their thinking

Algeria is not Europe, but an poor North African country. Furthermore, dishonest people exist anywhere.
I wouldn't call it negative, but cautious.

not necessarily poor people are dishonest people. This is shallow thinking. Sorry to be rude. Rich people may not necessarily clean for that matter.

You have to give cogent reasons why do you took a stand to suggest that this is a scam? I am just trying to understand your process of thinking.

regards

Sorry, it was not my intention to be rude. Neither did I mean that poor people are less honest than Europe (on the contrary, I said dishonest people exist anywhere). I just mentioned that Algeria is not (and has basically no relation to) European thinking and outlook. I was involved in an Algerian project and the chaotic and corrupt ways I encountered there reminded me much of Indonesia or Thailand - definitely not Europe or Singapore!
But this is of little consequence to your situation. I think being cautious, preparing for the worst (and then possibly being positively surprised) is better than the alternative, because the (limited) information you gave in your posts gives reasons for doubt.
(Of course you are free to disagree and do what you yourself see fit.)

shakespeare61 wrote:
Bella_Shu wrote:

Complicated!!!  :dumbom:

why do you think it is complicated?

U are the one who complicated.. Before deciding such a big thing, please consider everything. I think u already knew about her culture and everythings, now u confuse about it. If u decide to jump in to relationship with somebody who raised in different culture, better U learn about her culture first before u start to acted like a clown. Sorry to say, but u sounds like an immature guy. If I'm in Ur situation I will searching about this kind of relationship in Middle East forum then compare with Ur story with them. I think it's gonna be better,Rather than U asking every single member about their comments which is international coment for normal case (not Ur case). Good luck with urs!

beppi wrote:

Sorry, it was not my intention to be rude. Neither did I mean that poor people are less honest than Europe (on the contrary, I said dishonest people exist anywhere). I just mentioned that Algeria is not (and has basically no relation to) European thinking and outlook. I was involved in an Algerian project and the chaotic and corrupt ways I encountered there reminded me much of Indonesia or Thailand - definitely not Europe or Singapore!
But this is of little consequence to your situation. I think being cautious, preparing for the worst (and then possibly being positively surprised) is better than the alternative, because the (limited) information you gave in your posts gives reasons for doubt.

beppy, I think he didn't get ur point.  Lol

beppi wrote:

OK i take that you may have gone through in life more than me.

If you were me what you need to clarify?

Bella_Shu wrote:
shakespeare61 wrote:
Bella_Shu wrote:

Complicated!!!  :dumbom:

why do you think it is complicated?

U are the one who complicated.. Before deciding such a big thing, please consider everything. I think u already knew about her culture and everythings, now u confuse about it. If u decide to jump in to relationship with somebody who raised in different culture, better U learn about her culture first before u start to acted like a clown. Sorry to say, but u sounds like an immature guy. If I'm in Ur situation I will searching about this kind of relationship in Middle East forum then compare with Ur story with them. I think it's gonna be better,Rather than U asking every single member about their comments which is international coment for normal case (not Ur case). Good luck with urs!

first of all I am not confused about anything here. I am just saying i have not seen her picture that is all.

If anyone can cheat, then they could have done everything make belief. You based on suspicion. That is only part of thinking. What culture you're talking about? My asking members comments is what is forum about. If you do not have anything to contribute positively then please be quiet and do not be rude. I am not rude to you.

All human are the same. Do not write about racism here please

If anyone wants to cheat he/she will make up a story that the other side can believe.
Only over time, with new developments that needs tweaking the story, cracks in the believability may appear.
In your case
- you have no proof that the person you contact is really who she claims to be
- you have been shielded from all methods to find out more (no picture, no address, no meeting)
- even after you sent her a phone, she didn't become easier to contact (because the phone disappeared mysteriously)
- you are now asked to send more material benefits to her, in exchange just of a promise of personal meeting - a typical strategy of advance fee fraud.
If I were in your shoes, I would ask for irrefutable proof that the suspicions above are NOT true - and if that does not come, walk away.

I took my time and was going thru this thread from the first to the last post.

C'mon, is that a serious thing here ?

This thread reminds me of two sayings I can remember.

"ignorance is bliss". "Tis folly to be wise".

beppi wrote:

If anyone wants to cheat he/she will make up a story that the other side can believe.

beppi please bear with me. I am sure you are helping to understand the situation better here. I appreciate this from you. However i have some things to ask you and I hope you can help to answer here.

First in respect of making up a story. What is the story she is making up? Can you be specific?

beppi wrote:

Only over time, with new developments that needs tweaking the story, cracks in the believability may appear.
In your case
- you have no proof that the person you contact is really who she claims to be

Second question: What shall I seek from her to proof that she is true to what she claims?

beppi wrote:

- you have been shielded from [underline]all methods[/underline] to find out more (no picture, no address, no meeting)

third question: she could have placed a phoney picture also right?
the meeting is purportedly to visit her and her family at home. Do you think it is a factor of suspicion "not disclosing" now as I am going to meet her next year. Even i got her address now what is the point you are driving me towards?

beppi wrote:

- even after you sent her a phone, she didn't become easier to contact (because the phone disappeared mysteriously)

no... i sent the mobiles to her cousin house (100km away from her) who now denying receiving the mobiles. My girl is still contactable via her own phone(according to her there is no camera in this phone]. Somehow she is not confident to show her face. I cannot assume anything because of this. Why she asked me to sent the mobiles there(cousin house) because initially her papa did not approve me of contacting her. But now her papa invited me to the house. He realized I am a trustworthy person.

beppi wrote:

- you are now asked to send more material benefits to her, in exchange just of a promise of personal meeting - a typical strategy of advance fee fraud.

question: this part of your analysis i cannot understand. What do you mean by "personal meeting". There is no personal meeting. I am visiting she and her family. I presume the parents want to see who am I? Its natural reaction of any parents. Am i right here beppi?

beppi wrote:

If I were in your shoes, I would ask for irrefutable proof that the suspicions above are NOT true - and if that does not come, walk away.

question: irrefutable proof such as ?

I should talk very clearly here, since you really don't seem to get the point:
There is a high probability that this is a scam and this person has no love interest in you!
If you are lucky, you will just see requests for more and more material benefits (first a handphone, which is prompty sold for profit on the black market and thus "disappeared", then money for "an operation", a typical scammer's lie, more to follow - as you will see!) and the scammer(s) will dump you as soon as you refuse to be milked further.
If things turn out really bad, they will kidnap you for ransom once you turn up in the country (possibly with cash for "the operation" in your pocket).

This is what I would do in your situation:
- Make it very clear that you will send nothing (absolutely nothing) any more.
- Ask to see her (at least a picture) and talk to her parents (at least by phone) before you go any further.
- Agree to pay for an operation only after you have personally met the person who needs it and verified everything.
- Do NOT go to Algeria alone! If you go at all, take a good (and preferably strong) friend along.
I am quite sure this "love affair" will be over soon after you take the first step I suggest above!

beppi wrote:

I should talk very clearly here, since you really don't seem to get the point:
There is a high probability that this is a scam and this person has no love interest in you!
If you are lucky, you will just see requests for more and more material benefits (first a handphone, which is prompty sold for profit on the black market and thus "disappeared", then money for "an operation", a typical scammer's lie, more to follow - as you will see!) and the scammer(s) will dump you as soon as you refuse to be milked further.
If things turn out really bad, they will kidnap you for ransom once you turn up in the country (possibly with cash for "the operation" in your pocket).

This is what I would do in your situation:
- Make it very clear that you will send nothing (absolutely nothing) any more.
- Ask to see her (at least a picture) and talk to her parents (at least by phone) before you go any further.
- Agree to pay for an operation only after you have personally met the person who needs it and verified everything.
- Do NOT go to Algeria alone! If you go at all, take a good (and preferably strong) friend along.
I am quite sure this "love affair" will be over soon after you take the first step I suggest above!

Ok noted