How to make friends in Mongolia

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals and other expats) when you're living in Mongolia :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Mongolia??

Thanks in advance for your participation

hi, the country is near China. it is amizing to visit . but how can i make friends with the people . [email protected]

Mongolian people are very friendly. That's why don't worry about it. Everything will up to you. If you are Ok mongolian people are opk too. Its like how u communicate with them, thy will communicate with u same.

Hi and welcome on board Muugii :)

Thanks for your contribution ;)

Armand

Welcome on Expat-blog mitshieru and thank you for your contribution! :)

hi guys... I am mongolian. welcome to my home : ) [email protected] It is my ID

Welcome on Expat.com sdeldee ;)

Could you please present yourself first (thus easing communication with other members) before posting your e-mail ad.

Thanks ;)

Well, jeeze.  If you guys are lonely, come out Friday night to the public quiz at Hennessy's Restbar.

If you don't have a team, then you can join my team: "M.E.E.T." team.  I've started a group for Mongolian nationals (who speak English to some degree) and for Expats to meet, make friends, chat, do language exchanges, whatever!  It's called M.E.E.T. and we usually have a team for the public quiz.

Come one come all.  Next quiz is October 25th (Friday) at 8pm.

When: 2nd and 4th Fridays
Where: Hennessy's Restbar (google it)
What to bring:  5000MNT to play and money for your drinks.

Hope to see you all there!
OH!  Almost forgot.  If you plan to come, could you RSVP me, because I'd kind of like to have an idea about how many people to expect.  My phone:  9540-6094 (text messages only, please).

Thanks,
Leon

P.S.
Our group is on Facebook!  Just search "M.E.E.T."

hi, guys. Are you guys still in Mongolia? Do you still wanna make friends with Mongolians? Contact with me. Not only for fun.
Please leave your id or phone!! thanks

An introduction maybe Muugii before asking for members' phone numbers?

Harmonie.

Yeah, sure. My name is Muugii. I'm 23 years old. female.
I can speak English, Chinese and Japanese.But not professional. hehe  I live in Ulaanbaatar with my family. I would like to have many foreigner friends in mongolia. Because i also have been abroad for 4 years and i know that it's not that easy.
thank u for your advice Harmonie!! :)
Please contact me,  feel free!

That's a good start.;) You may also participate on the forum.

Harmonie.:)

Hello. my name is Muugii. I'm a journalist. I'm looking for foreigners who can speak Mongolian language, and who loves mongolia. We are gonna have a new tv show of foreigners in mongolia. So if you are interested please contact me. my cellphone number is 99909058. Muugii

My Tips how to make friends in Mongolia are :
1. I should be friendly of course. They siad that Filipinos are very hospitable and thats absoulutely true.
2. Understand their language . and
3. Learn their cultures .

Hi, everyone. I've spent some months in USA between 2010-2011. And since I don't have anyone to speak English in Mongolia, I've become bit dull. I'd love to have an foreigners as a friend.

Bilg(aka Billy)

My mail : bilg21(at)yahoo.com

Hi. Are you still having the M E E Ting on Friday evenings? Please, let me know. I'd like to join.

Hi all backpackers or expats here in Mongolia,

I am 37y.o. Mongolian female, who is kind and international minded. I can speak fluent English and other languages as well. I've been many countries. I am entrepreneur. Maybe, would like to have worldwide friends here in Mongolia, who is living or visiting in my country. Can be teach my language or give information about Mongolia. If you like to make friend with me then talk to me: [email protected]

I am married to a Mongolian girl and live inn UB for 2 months already. I find it very hard to make friends with Mongolians.

hello,

Hello Simon_ko -> Could you please introduce yourself? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Even thou its an old thread, I find the subject interesting. I'm a Mongolian and fluent in English, can't really express myself well in Mongolian language, not good at it at all lol, so find it hard to hang out with locals, as I would be sitting quite like a bum. I really don't know how would a foreigner make friends here except join different kinds of groups like religions groups (Christians, Bahai's etc). Anyway if there's anyone in UB who'd like to hang out, exchange stories blabla, PM me.

LSDream wrote:

Even thou its an old thread, I find the subject interesting. I'm a Mongolian and fluent in English, can't really express myself well in Mongolian language, not good at it at all lol, so find it hard to hang out with locals, as I would be sitting quite like a bum. I really don't know how would a foreigner make friends here except join different kinds of groups like religions groups (Christians, Bahai's etc). Anyway if there's anyone in UB who'd like to hang out, exchange stories blabla, PM me.

Even joining groups is hard, I tried to join a local Bokh club. They are all nice guys but because I am a foreigner, they always charge me much more expensive for everything and I find myself in isolation, not beeing able to train too, bacause everybody has a training partner already and had to hang alone. I just gave it up, I like their club a lot and I want to train there, but I don't really feel myself welcome. I hope that I will find a better club.

Well  I'm not really sure how hard it's to make friends in Mongolia. But if you still want to make friends then you should start with me. By the way I'm Angie and I'm just trying to meet people who speaks english.

Hi, Angie.

Are you Mongolian or Expat?  I would like to make friend with you.

My facebook name is Leon Priz III.

Cheers,
Leon

Hi, Leon.
I'm Mongolian and I just came back to Mongolia 9 months ago after living in USA for 6 years.
Thanks, Angie.

To, Bilg, Tsoom, LSDream, and Angie,

Firstly, I'd like to introduce myself.  I am a 45 year-old, single father, and a teacher in Ulaanbaatar (I work at English School of Mongolia).  My son is with me here in Mongolia.  I have been living in Mongolia for 3 years and I like it well enough to stay for a couple more years.

First to Bilg:  You should become my friend on facebook (facebook name: "Leon Priz")

Second to Tsoom, I think I know you, don't I?  No, we're not holding weekly MEETs anymore... just once in a while... like this Friday, there will be a gathering for all singles in UB.  Message me for more info.

Third to LSDream, I need a friend like you, who can speak Mongolian (probably better than I can).  Message me or friend me on facebook.

Fourth to Angie, Same thing.  I need a friend like you who can speak both English and Mongolian well.

Cheers, everybody,

From
Leon Priz

Friday, October 25th, 8pm @ Hennessy's Restbar: Public Quiz Night.

Come join our team ("M.E.E.T. team") if you want to meet some new people and make friends.

Cheers,
Leon

Contact me if you want to join Mongolian English Singers; this is a mixed group of expats and locals who want to have fun and maybe learn some English and or Mongolian while they're at it. We have a virtual meeting space for making plans. No commitments! [email protected]

hello dear.. .how r you?? how r u doin?? i hope you will read my sms :)

Hello Azakye,

I'm fine.   , thanks for your reply. . . hope to see you someday at UB.

Been a longtime this topic has not been refreshed o:

Hai My Der Friends I am Shiyam From Srilanka Yes This Is Very Urgent Realyyyy I Need Some Friends In Mongolia Urgently Bcoz I Have A Idea To Vist To Mongolia Very Soon So I Need Some Friends Ower thare bcoz Befor My Vist If I am Gating Some Friends It's very Useful and Helpful To Me So Please Add Me On My Whatshaap And Viber +256781481012  nd Mobile No  +94729997026  Skype I'd  mhmazmil  nd  mhmazmil1212  Facebook I'd  Azmil Shiyam   Email  [email protected]  Please Aniway All Ower the World Nice Friends Always Welcome To Me bcoz Always I loveeeeeee So Much Real Friendship have a Nice Day to All

Hi Azmil Shiyam > you should avoid your personal contacts on the forum. Thank you.

(Moderated: no generalized comment please)

i want learn english. but i speak english bad. i live in mongolian girl and 22y.o             [email protected]
i waiting friends

Hey guys?

I was wondering if you guys are still hanging out.
If so, I'd like to involved because I just came back to Mongolia (home) after 9 years. Also, it's kinda boring here. And I miss speaking English .
Most of my friends have jobs and families. So, they're busy with their lives.
I'm here doing almost nothing at home.

Anyways, hit me up!

Simply get a G/F, many do speak English having lived in the UK, and the States, or head to the Revolution bar opposite the State Store on a Friday after 9.45pm and ask for DurtyDave, I will be happy to do some yakking with you, and you will get to meet Expats and locals who go there to keep their English up!

Hi Bibby3,

I will like to understand more about people esp. guys working in Mongolia bcoz I was offered a job.
Firstly, is Mongolian guys very emotional type and very sensitive?
Do the guys respond positively to work instruction ?

Please advise, thanks.
Chef Calvin Chan
Malaysian Chinese

Hello chef_calvinchan > i would invite you to start a new topic with your questions on the Mongolia forum for a better visibility. :) Thank you.

Thanks Christine,