Moving to B-lore from Russia

Hi all!
I'm new here :)
I would like to move to B-lore city for living and working. I'm the translator (English-Russian-Spanish) and I'm very interested to know about my chance to find good job in this wonderful city.
Besides, I would like to contact and meet some Russian expats in B-lore. Thank you in advance!
Nataly

hi, I'm working in Bangalore from five months. This is a city that is growing very fast, I think you can find work easily here. I'm spanish by the way!

hey check your inbox..

hi nataly,

have sent u redrafted mail. with a lil background.. hopefully it'll help u. take care

hey tomas
are u working in bangalore?? I have started learning spanish from institute hispania here in the city. would appreciate if I get an opportunity to meet u guys in the city. I love watching football, esp barcelona from spain.. do u watch football as well

Hello Tomas!
That's great you're working there, what is your occupation? And what do you think about life there? Do u like it? I know, the culture there differs very much from our european one, that's why I've chosen Bengaluru (as I know it's very "international" city :) if I can say like that, cuz there are a lot of foreigners living) and it will be more easy for me to settle and to get used to habbits and traditions...

I received a lot of private messages, thanks a lot to all who sent them! :)

P.S. Dilip, I replied your message just :)

Hi Nataly ,

How ur doing?Hope ur enjoying Bangalore by this time.My Name is Ahmed I am from UK here I am  working with Deutsche Bank
on onnshore Secondee basis for 2 years.Well u have an interesting profile and people as
translators r in much demand in the industry in Bangalore and will b paid really in terms of salary cos its
difficult to find people who r foreign language translators.As far I know there r job vacancies in companies
like AXA,IBM,and HP.Well if u wanna give it a shot u can try these companies I can give u some referances about
these jobs may b u can find easier after that.

Its always great to be a part of this community that brings many people together from different origins I am
also an active member for CS(couchsurfing) community in bangalore.Generally we have gettogether every
wednesday and saturday in away its a good way to keep the expat community linked.Sometimes we organise clubbing
event and day outings aswell.
Well u can mail me on [email protected] or u can call me on 9880114999

Till then....Have fun ...bye.....

Sorry there is typo error in my previous mail u can mail me on [email protected] or u can call me on 9880114999

Thanks and Regards.

hi Nataly,
it's true that life here is diferent even in Bangalore.
I live far from the center in one tipical residence. If you can decide where to live I sugest you go to the center because you can walk a bit around. The worst thing is the traffic. 20 km could be 1 or 1.30 hours of car. And you need a cab driver for everything, unless you buy a motorcycle and you don't care to drive it in this crowded roads.
The weather is very nice always. The food as well, spicy and tasted.
I am a character animator and actually I work for movies or tv shows.

I hope you have fun here if you come, good luck!

hi Dilip, nice to meet you, of course I like football, I'm spanish
my favorite team is Barcelona as well. I don't go often to the center and latelly I'm a bit busy at work but maybe we can take a beer someday

hey tomas

definitely bro.. keep me posted..we could catch up for a spain's game or somethng during the world cup..which part of the town are u in

hi I am here with my husband who is Russian and I understand some too, we should all meet up! i'm still having trouble with finding the nice and reasonably priced places in the city. my husband wants someone to watch the world cup with too!

Thanks for the replies :)

Wasim, unfortunatelly right now I'm not in Bangalore, but searching for a job there, planning to move during next 4 months.. Of cuz, i would be glad to meet good ppl there and to get new friends :)

Tomas, muchos gracias para la respuesta completa :) Puede ser nos podamos reunir en Bangalore un dia :)

Skyepark
I know that a lot of guys there are football fans so I'm sure your hubby will find the company easily :)
How long are you living there already?

I like Bangalore, but it is not as "International" as you might think.

The city centre, like the High Street (MG Road, Brigade Road) look westernised but that is about it. South India is very traditional Indian, but Bangalore stands out as a cosmopolitan city...it is still not as modern as one might expect, but in the process of transformation, and ahead of many other cities.

Most people who come from other places are from other parts of South India / India. You find all the religions there. You can also find international restaurants, such as Chinese, European etc.

Thanks for your reply :) Cuz of all reasons you listed I've chosen Bangalore for living :) Did you live there some time, new_in_norway?

The interesting information i got to know.. Did anybody hear something about it? Indian embassy in Moscow from starting of 2010 are giving employment visa only to people whose indian salary will be not less than 25 k $.. It means that salary should be around 2 k $ montly.. Is that true?

Hi,

Ya thats true that Indian Embassy will give visa only if your salary is 25K I got to know from few of my expats friends who r working here in Bangalore.but I think one can easily get the salary of 25K if u r looking for a translators job atleast my company pays more than 25K.May be it depends on a company.

see ya ........

Hey Wasim!
Really I'm glad to hear that it's easy to get a job with such salary, cuz actually I had a doubt.. Some russian expats living there in Bangalore told me that possible salary is only 900$.. which will be enogh for living but not enough for employment visa of course. The next thing I faced with is that indian employers don't want to take a worker if he or she doesn't have permission for work.. it's some kind of endless circle. :)
In which company do you work?
Wish you all the best ;)

Hi ,

I work with Deutsche Bank and we cater to varoius process thats spread across different locations of the world thats the reason we constantly require language translators.Well can you actually inform about few things below ,
1.What kind of visa are you applying for India.r u directly applying for work visa in that case you require a consent and a letter from that company.or u want to come here on a visitor visa and then search for job here.
2.Yes there is a new policy being introduce that you need to have salary of atleast 2K $ for work visa.I dont have indept knowledge of this I will inquire and let u know in few days.
3.Can u tell the procedure involved in this so I can understand it completely
3.If u can tell your plan of action may b I can help u to get things done.

Regard....

Thank you so much for all your replies, Wasim! Well, of course I'm going to get working visa.. I don't want to do anything not legally, so I need the working visa to work there.. It can be dangerous cuz of probable deportation if i will work without permission, right?
About my plan, I'm going to find a job, then - to get invitation letter from company, then - working visa in embassy, and parallely I will search for the place of living in Blore. That's it :)
Have a nice week end!

Hi ,
Howz u ? Well its very difficult to get translators job with a salary of more than Rupees 80,000 in India not even in city like Bangalore the city that pays everyone quiet well.Only managerial post will get kind this kind of salary that to it depends on the domain he is in.I am not demotivating you its just the fact may be after few years of experiance u will get that salary.I guess the policy makers have gone nuts when they introduce this.As I work in laison with many companies I can arrange you an invitation letter and from the company with the contract mentioning the salary more than $2000 but they revoke or you can say reduce the salary package as per the company standards once you get a working visa or once you start working with the company.so you will not be in any risk at all.This is how most of the companies are doing here as salary and renumeration is solely under companies undertaking.Talking about deportation it is highly unlikely that it will hapin in India in these sort of cases but there is a fine you got to pay and thats is also very reasonable amount.But I am not sure about one thing if you get a working visa for India do u have an option to change the company that pays u more?Lastly there is no problem about an accomodation in Bangalore depending on ur budget u can easily find a good furnish accomodation here.

Take care and have fun.......

Hello Wasim!
Right now you raised my mood a lot by ur post really :)
That's what I was thinking about! I heard about this opportunity, that company will mention necessary more-than-2000$ salary first and after getting visa the salary will be decreased. But i wasn't sure the companies will do it there.. And now, as you said it, I'm glad that it's possible :) Actually it will be enough to have 1000$ salary to live there normally I think, right? I don't need any luxury conditions of living, just I should have everything necessary for life.. :)

Hi Nataly ,

I guess now u have positive approach and u should have that attitude.Can u actually mail me the list of documents what u need to furnish to get a working visa in Indian Embassy there.My email id's  [email protected],[email protected]
It should be pertaining to the Indian employer who is offering a job to u with required salary.If u want I can start working on this regard may be that will help you in the process or if u have already started with other Indian employer from your end thats well and good.
Well I did little market research there is good number of vacancies for translators with a very decent salary package as well provided u have a valid working visa.:)

Wish you all the best ;)

Hey

Wat hapin? u seems to be lost somewhere,where r u ?

Hi Natali

Please know the ground reality in india. $ 2k per month means rujpees 93000/- per month in Indian ruppes and 61 K rubbles per month. To get this salary for a fresh graduate from any field is not possible in India. You can compare with your city Moscow also. Fresh graduates are available for salary less than $300 per month. Engineers in Ericsson, NOKIA and top most software companies in India are getting this salry after 3 to 4 years of experience.
Also note that condition for minimum salary is enforced by Indian embassy because they want that only talent not available in India can be hired from other countries. By writing all these things does not mean to discourage you. It is just to give you idea of ground reality in India and to make you alert.
Regards.

hiii. . .Natalya

sure natalie  you  can find a job

@girlfromabroad : hello what occupation do you have and why do you want to come in india?

Hey Wasim...saw that you mention about the couchsurfing community..heard about it and heard good things...would like to join at one of your gatherings... :)

hey nataly...
i've got a mexican friend who used to work in this company where they do movie subtitling and they need people who speak different languages all the time!let me know if you're into that sort of a thing!
Cheers,
Anuj

hey,
nice to know you.
all the best on your ventures..
cheers

Hi Nataly. It is interesting... My name is Nataly, i am from Russia, living in Bangalore for more than 3 years. Please contact me by email - [email protected]

Hey Nataly,
You are in Creative field, i remember you.
so anything latest in media field.
cheers

Mioara wrote:

Hey Wasim...saw that you mention about the couchsurfing community..heard about it and heard good things...would like to join at one of your gatherings... :)

wanna be friends?

It is quiet interesting to see people from Russia and other countries are interested to work in banglore.....Banglore is a nice City...metropolitant.........cost of living for a Single will ba maximum of 30000 INR....or..500$.............about me I am an Indian....working in Oman for Oil and Gas firm..............:)

HI radjeshbabu > just to inform you that this is an old topic. ;)

hi i m from India chemical engineer in n Delh i how i can help u

Hi,

Just came across your profile on Expat.com today. Thought I would just say a 'HI". The reason i actually got on to the Expat.com is for the reason that I was actually looking for friends in Bangalore. I am from Goa but I travel to Bangalore on official jobs.

I love to chill out on weekends. Great enthusiast of music.

You can revert back if you are interested in communicating. my email id is [email protected]

Regards!

Hello to the girl from abroad, how are you doing, hope you are having a fun time in Bangalore.. 08095916002 this is my numb looking forward to hear from you

Gosh....you guys still reply to a thread which is 4 years old, even Christine one of the mods highlighted the same.  :cool:

Hi everybody,

As this is a very old thread, i am closing it.

Thank you all

Priscilla

Closed