Indian shifting to Norway - need some update

Hi,
I am shifting to Norway shortly for 2 years with my wfie and 2 Son (7 year and 1.6 years).
Please let me know how much the house will cost me and education for my kids (please note that my son do not know local language hence need to go to English school).
How much tax I have to pay for family of 4 and other taxes like National Insurance and others.
Any average salary if some one can let me know so that I can negotiate with my company accordingly.

I am a vegetarian and hope I will get veg stuff and indian spices in Norway easily.

I really appreciate your help as it is a decision of life and carrier for me and my kids education and future. Please help me.

thanks
Vivek

Can you help me over the same If you get any response ??

If you look through past posts on the forum, you will find several discussions of these questions. There are also many discussions of how Indians find life in Oslo, finding vegetarian food (not a problem in Oslo incidentally) etc. You can also find detail about the cost of living, schooling, good areas to live and so on.

David

Could you please share the link as not able to search the post.

I don't have any links. You'll just have to look through. There is a search feature on the main forum page, which should help.

Hello,

Could you kindly tell me how long it took for you to get your work permit to Norway provided you applied from India.
I applied my work permit from Bangalore CKGS office on 12th May, My job is temporary for 6 months and my contract starts on 1st August 2014 to 1st February 2014, till there is 2 and half months for UDI to process my application. I have been to Norway before on business visa and promptly returned back to India, did not overstay in Norway.

Your reply will be appreciated.

Hello,

As Norway is the most developed country in the World, you need to plan everything accordingly. The exorbitant rate of the taxes will make things a bit difficult, but the pay roll is good too (hence compensated). My family is living there so I know how things work out. The language will not be a problem there, as now English is commonly used. Earlier less than half of the population  used to speak English, but now as they teach this in school there won't be a problem. Although your children will learn to speak, read and write Norwegian. Education is free in Norway, (only three countries in Europe give free education), therefore only stationary expenses, food, clothing and living expenses are to be covered by you.
You can also get Indian spices there, as there are many Pakistani stores which provide them. That won't be a problem either. You even get Indian sweets if you wish for it! Although for vegetarians, the choices in restaurants will be an issue. But you get all kinds of fruits and vegetables, hence home-made Indian food is your best option.

I hope the answer was useful. If you have any other question, feel free to ask again.

-Jasmine

thanks dear, it wil really help.