Suggestions of how to find a job in a hotel

Hello,

I have recently moved from the UK with my husband and children because I have secured a job here. My husband would also like to work here but we do not know how to go about finding a job in Manama as I applied for mine from the UK. My husband has 7 years experience as a manager for a prestigious international hotel chain. He loves his job and wants to continue working in hospitality however his hotel chain do not have any positions available in Bahrain. We have checked the usual websites for the hospitality industry but there seems to be a lack of positions which is odd considering the amount of hotels there are. My question is are we looking in the right places? Should he join an agency or is there a specific place where these type of positions are advertised? I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Esl tutot (sorry dnt know ur real name )

I would suggest u to go the hotels directly and hand over the cv to the HR department....

cheers

Thanks Yaseen,

I believe he is planning to do this anyway but it's great to know that this might be the best way.

U welcome esl tutor....yeah it wil work for sure interview might take place on same day same time if there is vacancy.

Careful getting visas though. I hear women can't sponsor their husbands visas here.

ESL Tutor - I agree with YaaSeen, going to hotels and handing in applications is useful. Success depends on what grade and level your husband seeks and the availability of vacancies.

Even better if you go through someone known, which I realize is not possible since you guys are brand new in Bahrain. I maybe able to introduce you to a friend of mine in the hospitality trade.

Hi ESL Tutor,

I will send you a PM - few new upcoming star hotels and its management details. Also, details of an executive search company that serves hospitality industry.

Hope this helps a bit..  All the best!

New hotel coming up in amwaj lagoon try there or else i speak to my female friend who is manager there.

Hi. I am trying to find a job in a hotel as well. I would suggest first of all looking up some recruiting companies webpages and classifieds such us
catererglobal.com
/job.bahrainclick.com
expatriates.com

I came across the recruit company in hospitality bespoke-hospitality.com/ (not much help though)

I would definitely suggest going to HR department and hand your CV. And best of all advices get a help of those who offered to meet people who can help.
Good luck.

Thank you all for such helpful replies, Yaseen - thank you for the offer, how does he apply for this hotel and if you could speak to your friend I would be most grateful. My husband has gone back to the UK now to work his notice and should be back soon, having a job to come to in Bahrain would be a great relief.

Lindochka- I haven't heard / read anything with regards to husbands having issues getting visa's? My company will be his sponsor and they did not mention anything at all, could you elaborate on this point? Do you know anyone who had issues?