Planning to pursue my PHD studies in London

Hi everyone,  :cheers:
How are you :) ?
Hope everything is going well  :top:
I will introduce myself My name is Imen, I'm 30 years old, I'm from Tunisia and I'm just finishing my master degree in management
I'm planning to pursue my PHD studies in London in two years
for my actual profession,  :up: I'm a marketing analyst, I'm also a human development trainer and social activist in education, charity, and human right, I helped in boosting communication, advertising, rising new fund, attracting new sponsors and volunteers and in developing activities, projects et services.
I haven't yet traveled abroad (due to my work and other obligation)
I speak french, arabic and english and a little bit of Italian,
I would like to know about universities in london and my chances to get a job while studying and if there is associations which help foreign students and especially women to succeed there
Thanks in advance for any advice and informations and good luck for everyone with their projects  :one

Hello Imen As salamo aalakum,

Welcome to EB.

There are two different ways of entering into a PhD program in the UK:

a) You either get a sponsorship or  scholarship by either your home country government / university or from an independent body eg British Council and pay the tuition fees as an overseas/ international student.

b) You enter in correspondence with universities engaged in research in areas of your expertise and interest, apply for position of a assistant lecturer/ lecturer and get you self registered as a 'research fellow' where you will be assigned some teaching responsibilities also and get paid for it.

Kindly let me know what your nationality is because if you are a non EU national, the opportunities for you will be rather limited in the UK , and I will be able to advise you accordingly.   :)

w 3alaykom el Saleem Riaz,  :cheers:

Thanks for your reply I'm thankful and I hope you're fine. :)
I'm considering the options you suggested to me
And I started working on it  :up:
I'm Tunisian and not yet a EU national,
I'm still optimistic el hamd lel Allah   :gloria
May Allah make my project possible with his blessing  :one

Hello Imen,

Since you are a Tunisian national, I suggest you look at opportunities of higher studies in Germany also.

Firstly  post Master's level education is 100% subsidized in Germany, all the post graduate courses are conducted in English language and a person with multi lingual skills like you ( Arabic, French, Italian ) will have a distinct advantage.

There is a huge Muslim and Arab community in Berlin and Stuttgart. I strongly advise that after some correspondence, you must visit the above mentioned cities for at least a week. Moreover the German immigration system automatically offers you an opportunity to work there for a period of 18 months after completing your studies leading to PR.

Where ever you decide to study your PhD from, ensure that it is a two step process. ie MPhil first and then PhD, since I have seen a lot of students who could not complete PhD for what ever reasons, at least obtained an MPhil.degree.

If you qualify for financing and scholarship from your government, I recommend you seek opening in UK. there should be no doubt that British qualifications are ranked  amongst highest in the world. :one

Jazekom Allah khayran  :one
thanks for all your advices w barak Allah fikom  :up:

aliabab,

The UK universities and colleges have a complete transparency in offering seats to the prospective students directly.
Universities spend huge amount of resources in keeping highly qualified and experienced 'admission officers' on their payroll to ensure exact matching of a candidate's expectations with the course curriculam being offered.

As an EB member I am highly concerned about the legitimacy of your claim that you are working as a middle man or an 'agent' on behalf of some universities. :dumbom: