Engineer Visa

Dear members,

I am Kanagaraj. I am a proposal engineer from Chennai, India. Recently I've got an offer for the same position in Doha, Qatar from a renowned company. I accepted the offer, the interview held in mumbai, and the whole recruitment process is carried out by a big consultancy. They got my originals which consists my engineering degree certificate, passport and marksheet. I have submitted all these documents for the attestation which is taken care by consultancy and done my medical test on August 6. As per the consultancy, my certificate got attested from delhi on Aug 21, and then they started the Visa process immediately, and from then on I frequently call my consultancy for the updation of Engineer Visa. Theyuse to tell me I will get the visa in a week everytime I call. And I have not started any mail conversation with my employer in qatar, since I thought this may be considered as bypassing the consultancy. Today when I called them, they told me the same, I will get my enfineer visa in a week. Pls anyone guide me what shall I do? Shall I write a mail to my employer on this? Normally how many days will it take for an engineer visa in qatar? I have few more questions after your reply.

PS: The general manager of the employer who gave his business card which has his email id and his contact number. And he told he can be contacted at anytime after my successful interview.

Regards
Kanagaraj

Hi,

things here are slow sometimes... hang on... might be worth giving a call to the employer just to check in and see whats happening.

Thanks Mr.Siva for the quick reply.

I have contacted my consultants again, they told I need to wait till the Eid Holidays gets over. And today when I called them again , they said the concerned GM who has interviewed me is on vacation and he will come only after October 14. I confirmed this statement with my employer in Doha, and they have confirmed it. And I have got an another contact person number from them, when I called him, he did not pick my call. What do I do now?? Normally how many days will it take for engineer visa exactly !! Do you have any idea sir??

Regards ,
Kanagaraj