Who can you claim as a dependent on a 9-II Securities Visa

Can I calm my partner as a dependent if we are not married? I remember reading it is possible if you have a notarized letter say you are in a long term domestic relationship. I can't remember where I read it though.

Also, how much do you have to deposit/invest in addition to the $25,000 for a dependent. I have read $500, $1000 and $5000 and I am not sure what is true.

Thanks in advance.

Not sure about who can be claimed as a dependent but the cost is $500 for each dependent.  So for example, if you have a family of 6 the total investment has to be for $27,500.  ($25,000 for the applicant and $500 for each additional dependent).

Thanks xoie that is at least one thing I can cross of my questions list.

Can someone chime in on the dependent question?

Thanks  :)

In this case, if 1 of the 6 family members leaves Ecuador for more than 90 days and loses their visa because of it, do the other 5 family members get to keep their visas (assuming they don't leave more than 90 days per year)? Or does one family member's actions  bring down the whole family's visas?

My understanding is that, out of the six, it's the main applicant's status that determines the status of the five dependents. If the main applicant loses his/her residency, then all five dependents lose theirs too. But If a dependent loses his/hers, it won't affect anyone else.