Technical question in Visas,

Hello I'm Egyptian, I applied for a master's degree in an university in Bulgaria and they accepted me, so they sent 2 letters to me to get the long stay visa-D so, I was wondering , is it possible for my family (wife and son) to apply for a visa-D too from the embassy here and travel together from the beginning? Or I will have to travel first, then apply for their residence from here?

Thanks in Advance , I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry, this is not an answer to your question but a question itself!

i want to apply for masters in Sofia university..i am from India,
just wanted to know when does the application begin and any friendly advice you can give me?

good luck with your move

Radhika

For me, in Varna university, it took around 11 months since I started to contact the admission till I got the letters for the Visa,
First you need to contact the university and fill an application, then send some scanned copies of your education for review, after that, You will have to legalize your documents in you ministry of foreign relations, then from the Bulgarian embassy. they will ask for educations certificates, medical certificate and a detailed transcript. all legalized from the Bulgarian  embassy in your country. Also you will need a language certificate like Toefl or IELTS if you're going to study in english, otherwise, you will pay and study 1 year Bulgarian language before you study you program.
Then the university will ask you to send the documents by the mail to the university.
then you should wait around 2-3 months, if everything is okay with your documents, and the ministry of education in Bulgaria convinced that your education in your country same as education in Bulgaria, it will send you the letters for the Visa, and remember the Visa processing time takes around 2 months.

Thank you sir! Appreciate it,

good luck x

I believe that you have to have your residence permit and proof of accommodation here before your family can apply for a reunification visa. The good news is that, if you want to, you can apply for your res. permit right away. They say it takes 2 weeks to get your long-stay approval and then between 1 month and 3 days to get the actual permit (depending on whether you pay to expedite it or for regular processing) so, your family could apply for their visas three weeks after you arrive.

The Varna office for res. permits can be pretty busy when school starts, so you might want to go on a Tuesday or Wednesday either early in the morning or just after their lunch break.

Good luck! I know, it is no fun to be apart from your family during visa issues.

More visa info:
EC Immigration portal

kojidae wrote:

I believe that you have to have your residence permit and proof of accommodation here before your family can apply for a reunification visa. The good news is that, if you want to, you can apply for your res. permit right away. They say it takes 2 weeks to get your long-stay approval and then between 1 month and 3 days to get the actual permit (depending on whether you pay to expedite it or for regular processing) so, your family could apply for their visas three weeks after you arrive.

The Varna office for res. permits can be pretty busy when school starts, so you might want to go on a Tuesday or Wednesday either early in the morning or just after their lunch break.

Good luck! I know, it is no fun to be apart from your family during visa issues.

More visa info: EC Immigration portal

Thank you so much, this really helped.