Nice to read, even better to reply ;)

Hi everyone,

My last post in French didn't obviously make a huge success (even if 57 people apparently read it), so I try once again in English...
I just arrived in the city a couple of weeks ago and I think it would be nice to meet other people, as it seems there is a few in my case on this forum.
If you've already met your friends, if you're too shy to reply, or it's too cold outside to go out, I of course respect that, I just think it would be a pity to all live in the same city looking for the same thing and all stay home quietly and alone :-/
Allez un petit effort general ;)

Cheers

Remy

Bon soir Remy,

I'm based in London so a bit too far away, but I really hope you have better luck in finding friends this time around!

Au revoir et bonne chance.

Globetrotter

Salut Globetrotter ;)

Thanks for your message, really nice !
Doesn't seem easy to get people to move around here indeed :(

Cheers

Remy

globetrotter wrote:

Bon soir Remy,

''I'm based in London so a bit too far away, but I really hope you have better luck in finding friends this time around!''

Au revoir et bonne chance.

Globetrotter

I live in London Globetrotter

dan
x

Hey! I just arrived in Nottingham. I'm trying to understand how the Expat.com works :) Did you succeed in meeting people Remy in the end?

Salut Amélie!

Welcome to Notts !
I did meet a few people, but not really through Expat.com actually ;)
If you want to meet for a coffee or a drink anytime soon, please feel free to contact me :)
A bientôt

Remy

Salut Rémi !

It's really nice of you ! It would be great yes. How do we do?

A bientôt
Amélie

Salut Amélie ;)

I'm going to Hamburg this weekend but the weekend after or even an eve during the week? Up to you and what you prefer ;) Do you have a mobile? Here is mine in any case: 07741508254.
See you soon xx

Remy

Salut! I would like to move to Notts as soon as possible so if you could give me some information about best areas to rent a room, transportation, jobs, nightlife, etc. I´d be very grateful!!!

Ça serait super de se voir là-bas ! :)

Holà Raquel ;)

For accomodation, the best areas in Notts are the city centre of course (NG1, but quite pricey also), West Bridgford, Beeston or Arnold (less expensive but a bit outside town too, the transports are great though so you can commute in a few minutes with the bus).
For the websites, you can have a look at Rightmove, Zoopla or Easyroommate and see what's in your budget.
Nottingham has a great nightlife (to my point of view, but don't expect the same fiesta as in Spain though ;) with a lot of nice restaurants, cafés and numerous bars and clubs, I was happily surprised when I arrived last year to be honest :)
As for the jobs, I am not sure because I work in Derby and commute between the 2 cities everyday.
Don't hesitate to contact me if you need any more infos.
Hasta luego, besos

Remy

Hi! Thank you very much for your response.

I´d love to live there but I´m very worried to decide it on Notts and not be able to find a job :( so maybe I should move to London instead, but it is so big and expensive...

What do you do in Derby? Was it easy for you to find a job? So far I´ve done some phone interviews but the next stage is the face-to-face interview and apparently in the UK Skype is not an option :S

By the way, how do you travel to and from Notts when you go abroad? I guess for me the cheapest option for the flight ticket would be to fly to London and then? Should I take a bus or a train? Are there good connections?

Thanks for the info!

Raquel