How long between visits to England from America

Hello all...

My wife and I would love to move to England permanently, unfortunately I just don't think I can get a work Visa comparable to the income I have here.  My wife stays at home and homeschool's our daughter. 

But we were considering subletting our place in the states and visiting England for 6 months...then coming home.  But if we can we'd move over there for 6 months...rent a place...then when it was time to come home...put all our stuff in storage...then fly back to the states.  Then re-occupy our place, then after "some waiting period" just move back.  My job allows me to work from a virtual office, so I can go anywhere.  But I don't believe I can technically get a "work visa" from the U.K. doing that. 

So I'm curious, could we stay 6 months (which is how long U.K / U.S. visa is for) then go home for a month....then come back for 6 months...etc etc.  We'd like to come back to the U.S. anyway about every six months as our other grown kids are here.  Just curious if this is a possibility.

Also?  How much is a comfortable income range for the U.K? I've been scanning the net trying to find a clue...but I think what America views as middle class isn't what's middle class in England.  Just say how comfortably could a 3 person family live on 50,000 pounds a year?

Try www.payscale.com for salaries.
www.numbeo.com for cost of living

You need to factor in medical insurance cover, travel expenses.

This plan won't work as the UK immigration authorities don't distinguish between local and remote working. All work of any kind is forbidden on a tourist visa. However, perhaps you are too pessimistic about getting a work visa. It doesn't depend on income level but on supply and demand. If you have a skill that is in short supply you are in with a chance of finding a UK company to sponsor you. Check out the list below - it varies from year to year. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati … april-2013

with £50,000 pretty confortable, the only thing is how you're planning to make that amount as at the moment the tax rate is 40% of your income if you earn more than £33,000 a year, you might be able to get some benefits for the kits but that's all really, London's rents are quite expensive, although the other cost of living are quite cheap

Eter

well id technically be living there but on a tourist visa.  As i said my work is based in the states but i can work virtually.  So i wouldnt actually be paying British taxes.

Yes, but you can't live there on a tourist visa. The limit is 6 months in any 12-month period. You may get away with it once but if you try to do more you will be denied entry to the UK and sent back home on the next flight.

Inti-Phoenix wrote:

with £50,000 pretty confortable, the only thing is how you're planning to make that amount as at the moment the tax rate is 40% of your income if you earn more than £33,000 a year, you might be able to get some benefits for the kits but that's all really, London's rents are quite expensive, although the other cost of living are quite cheap

Eter

Other cost of living is quite cheap? Such as?