New ~Affordable~ International School Seoul

I'm looking to start a foreign school/study program for K-12 students who are discouraged from attending international schools because of the high cost. Whereas most of the international schools have an average tuition of $25,000 payable all at once, this program would charge around $1,000 per month, payable monthly.
I'm looking to start in January.

School would be based on American-Canadian models, with an advanced but fun curriculum. High school curriculum would be AP/IB based.

Would anyone be interested in participating in this program? I'm just trying to get an idea of interest for now.

Hi samhas32,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Hope you get some good feedback.

Thank you,

David.

Your idea sounds good!

Do you want to open a school or just an education center? And what makes people attracted to your program except for just low price?

As far as i know, Korean families are willing to spend a big portion of their income their children's education. In Seoul, a high school student can pay $1000 per month for extra classes only.

Your idea sounds interesting. I would be curious to hear more about this. Where are you planning on having your school? I have worked in an international school and was bothered by the inequity of it.

Please keep us posted. We are moving with a 3 year old soon and cannot justify spending 22,000 a year for preschool from 9am-2 pm when we currently pay 10,000 and have ability to have child at school from 6am-630pm

Samhas,
I am just sharing something in my experience which may give you some idea other way round.

I know an International school here which has fees of 1000 usd for including everything. This is Christian International School bases on BJU model. Besides the reason of affordability, there is other social problem which is leading some students to leave intl schools and joining public schools. You may know that Korea have huge competition nation wide and the products of intl schools can not compete with their public school counterparts. The curriculum in intl schools make students good at speaking very good at english but very poor in other subjects. The quality of the faculty for other subjects is not upto the mark compared to public school staff. If you can take care of this gap, you can make the difference