Moving out the hotel - Need Appartment

Need to find an appartment in Tripoli. Large 1 or possibly 2 bed.Balcony if possible.

Would like to be within say 15ish  minutes walk of the Radisson and walkable to centre. Taxi back up the hill ok.

What are the names of the areas/region of Tripoli that would fall within that catchment? The web sites/ agents require an area to refine the search.

As for budget not sure, depends. furnished preferred  but would ballpark $1,500 US / 2,000 LYD get something sensible for a British couple.

Thanks

Dahra and Zawia Damane are the two localaties that would be within that catchment. 2000 LYD should get you a decent furnished apartment in those areas.

Hi ghecko. Check this site out.
libyaguide.net/

These are the search results for apartments in Tripoli (arranged cheapest to most expensive, with absolutely no filters set for the search.)
libyaguide.net/home/en/housesearch.php?&category_no=1&city_no=1

Here is the search page, so you can filter the search to narrow down the results to what you want:
libyaguide.net/home/en/houses.php

Thanks guys.

I have a number for Waleed if you are interested. Vey good, got me a fantastic place in the area you are looking. Don't bother with the web sites, poor. I got better by asking the shop keepers in the area. Waleed not much English you will need an interpreter to talk on the phone. He has a better apt in the area, more expensive. No need to go as high as your top budget. Send me a PM I will give you his details. I can show you my apt if you want to see the standard/price to aim for etc.