NEW LIFE......

Re: New members of the Greece forum, introduce yourself here

hello everyone
im moving to athens soon ,south of athens (kallithea),just intrested about the area,is it a good one to live and work?how much for the rent there please ?is 1000 euro will be enough survive and have plesent time ?

hi kalithea is nice,means ...good view...its a good area,highly populated.lots of traffic but close to the sea,nice cafes,restaurants,some lovely older houses.look for cheap rent because they are cheaper now,if you are on your own you could find a studio flat for about 200 a month,be careful of extra fees like cleaning,lighting,heating oil etc..make sure you only have your separate heating.Will you have your health care covered from your employer? because if not how do you intend to cover yourself,you can take nothing here unless you and employer are paying into the system.If you live near your job you will not have travelling costs.

thanks a lot concertina for the advise i realy do need them,about the health cover will be covered by the employer so its handy i guess ,will be moving in 3 weeks time

I wish you a good move over to Athens and a great start in your job.

Hi ismail1974,
if you have questions on the Greek health care system, the

eopyy.gov.gr/NationalContactPoint/Index

National Contact Point

is not too far away, in Maroussi district (12 Apostolou Pavlou Str, 151 23 Maroussi Athens Greece, phone: +30 2108110700-702; viaeuropa.eu/youreurope/citizens/health/when-living-abroad/health-insurance-cover/index

When living abroad: Your health insurance cover

. Also check out

pinterest.com/pin/506655026803170082

this infographic, which is a nice sum-up of things to think of when starting a job in another EU country.

Good luck!

hi,

I live and work in center of Athens. I'm a web desiger and love my job. I looking for good friend to have fan. reply to this post and say about u more.

thanks