Job In Bali

The company offering the work MUST apply for the KITAS after they have got the work permit.
A person married to an Indonesian, and holding a KITAP, can do the job with only a work permit, as the KITAP will allow work IF the company provides the work permit.

To the OP - Please state if you are willing to get the required paperwork to make the employee legal in Indonesia.

To potential employees.
If the company fails to provide the correct paperwork, you could go to prison for several years, pay a large fine and be deported at your own expense.

Your ad is insane, you can not ask people to apply only if they have a KITAS.

To work legally you need a work permit from the Manpower Department.

This permit only a company can apply for not an individual, so it must be you and payment of USD 1.200 DPKK needs to be paid.

KITAS is a limited stay permit and does not allow you to work.

Even if someone is holding a working KITAS sponsored by one company, the person is not allowed to work somewhere else.

It would be illegal.....!!!

To ad on Mas Fred:

The fine can be up to Rp 500.000.000 and 5 years prison.

Nico_Rasetti wrote:

Prema Ananda is a innovative company based in Bali and our primary business is coordinating 6 Star Journeys for our international clients.  We are building a team of like minded persons that have a entrepreneurial & leadership heart/mindset. We are looking for freelance therapists in the field of Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, Psychology of Movement, Meditation, Coaching, Counselling, and Astrology Readers. As we are an established company we ask that you only apply for these positions if you have a current kitas. If you do not have a kitas and are interested in obtaining a kitas with our assistance we ask that you state this is your application.

Please send through a cover letter with your CV to
Yolande.Hart @PremaAnanda.com

What means innovative company ??

Is it a PMA, PT or CV ??

I think the "kicker" here is the use of the word "freelance."  That surely has the connotation that no sort of employer/employee relationship will exist...and that spells big trouble for anyone thinking about getting involved because without the employer relationship, there can be no work permit issued.

The original post is gone.....

happyhour wrote:

To ad on Mas Fred:

In that case.....
I believe the work permit in Bali is double at 2,400 USD.

........If I understood Roy's previous post correctly.

There we go, I win the oneupmanship contest. :D

happyhour wrote:

The original post is gone.....

That's OK, you quoted the OP, so the warning about illegal working and the potential for that company to be a dodgy employer is in place,

mas fred wrote:
happyhour wrote:

To ad on Mas Fred:

In that case.....
I believe the work permit in Bali is double at 2,400 USD.

........If I understood Roy's previous post correctly.

There we go, I win the oneupmanship contest. :D

Damn....you were just a minute faster than I was  :/

Unfortunately, this exact sort of thing…companies looking for workers either with complete lack of knowledge of employment laws, or worse yet, a total disregard for those laws, happens all too often here on Bali.

I keep telling my lawmaker brother in law, that until these laws are changed insofar as the employer is as equally culpable and punished as the illegal worker, things likely are not going to change all that much.

Roy, it does not only happening on Bali also in Jakarta you find lots of those cases.

Actually the companies/employers can be also punished but for them perhaps it will be easier to find a way out.

Ubudian wrote:

Unfortunately, this exact sort of thing…companies looking for workers either with complete lack of knowledge of employment laws, or worse yet, a total disregard for those laws, happens all too often here on Bali.

You have the company name, and contacts - arrange a visit for them.
I'm sure a little word in the ear from someone in authority would make life difficult for a company encouraging illegal activities,

mas fred wrote:
Ubudian wrote:

You have the company name, and contacts - arrange a visit for them.
I'm sure a little word in the ear from someone in authority would make life difficult for a company encouraging illegal activities,

Good point.

Perhaps the OP even don't have the right permits to work

Tom, here in Bali, I have never once heard of a situation where a licensed and legitimate company was ever penalized or prosecuted in anyway for having illegal foreign employees.  Every situation I know about has only involved the illegal foreign worker.  Of course, this puts foreigners in very difficult, and vulnerable situations, all the time. 

I think the "investment climate" is one which encourages foreign investment in businesses here, and to that end, less requirement (to some degree) on compliance with labor related laws or regulations.

The one, and seemly singular area where regulators/authorities actively pursue foreign companies here in Bali, is with taxes. 

Admittedly, I know very little about what goes on in Jakarta, so what you say about employers being somehow penalized for hiring foreign workers is something I will take your word on…but I'd like see to see the actual law, or regulations, that spell this out.

Ubudian wrote:

Tom, here in Bali, I have never once heard of a situation where a licensed and legitimate company was ever penalized or prosecuted in anyway for having illegal foreign employees.  Every situation I know about has only involved the illegal foreign worker.  Of course, this puts foreigners in very difficult, and vulnerable situations, all the time. 

I think the "investment climate" is one which encourages foreign investment in businesses here, and to that end, less requirement (to some degree) on compliance with labor related laws or regulations.

The one, and seemly singular area where regulators/authorities actively pursue foreign companies here in Bali, is with taxes. 

Admittedly, I know very little about what goes on in Jakarta, so what you say about employers being somehow penalized for hiring foreign workers is something I will take your word on…but I'd like see to see the actual law, or regulations, that spell this out.

Roy, I got your point and nothing much to argue about it.

I may need to rephrase my one paragraph, what I actually meant is that I believe that also a company/employer can be punished if employing a foreigner but not providing the correct permits.

If not, it would mean that "they" have a green card, whether or not knowing the laws but putting the expat at risk and don't need to care.

I do not have any regulation about it in hands but will from my side try to find out more about it.

Thanks Tom.  I'll be interested to see what you come up with.

Cheers!