Non-EU Parents to Visit

Hi,

Please can someone advise or provide information relating to being resident in Malta and having non-EU parents come to visit for a week or so.

Many thanks,

Aren't people just allowed to come here on holiday?

Provided their travel documents are in order - no problem!
They are advised to contact their nearest embassy to check visa requirements for Malta.
And it would help if you stated what nationality they are and from which country they are travelling.

Hi,

I know they will require a visa as they are from Belarus. The question is, does anyone know what they would need to do and what visa? is it Schengen?

chrisc58 wrote:

Hi,
The question is, does anyone know what they would need to do and what visa? is it Schengen?

Yes, it is. Check here:
http://mfa.gov.mt/Default.aspx?MDIS=532

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

So it is going to be the Schengen Visa. How does this get filled in as some of the questions relate to a spouse? Would a letter need to be provided with it? I will be getting them to call the embassy to find out more but would be nice to know as much as possible in advance so we know what to expect.

Many thanks,

I have the same issue, but from Russia. I'm an EU national and the visa center website in Moscow stated that they will need to apply as normal tourists. The only difference being that I will need to provide a letter inviting them to visit me and act as a guarantee, a copy of my lease and confirmation that I will allow the stay at my flat and a passport copy. They will need to show enough funds, insurance policy etc. Basically all the requirements like a normal tourist.