Credit Card Payment

Is it possible to transfer HSBC credit card payment from Vietnam to my home country - Philippines?

I don't have any bank accounts here in Vietnam. I once asked HSBC here but they said they don't do such transfer payments. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

If you have a HSBC account in one country, it should be really easy to open one in another, as long as you can meet the legal requirements to do so.

Does your credit card is Visa/MasterCard?
and you wanna make payment for your  products at Points of sales in your own currency of Philippines? it means you wanna know the prices of products in in Philippine at the time of transaction?Right?

mas fred wrote:

If you have a HSBC account in one country, it should be really easy to open one in another, as long as you can meet the legal requirements to do so.

I used to have and I'm not planning to open a new one. That is why I am asking for possible alternatives (if have). Thanks.

Thien Ngan wrote:

Does your credit card is Visa/MasterCard?
and you wanna make payment for your  products at Points of sales in your own currency of Philippines? it means you wanna know the prices of products in in Philippine at the time of transaction?Right?

It's a Visa Card. Not like that as you've mentioned. I only wanted to find a way to pay my card from here. Thanks.

Should I wish, I can use my HSBC debit card in cash machines in any country, or I can make payments in shops using the chip and pin or card swipe machines.
As long as the card has one of the internationally used logos on it, you can do the same.
Credit cards are exactly the same. I do have a credit card, but I haven't used it in years.
Remember, if you make a transaction outside your home country, there are very likely to be extra charges, more so with a credit, rather than a debit, card.

mas fred wrote:

Remember, if you make a transaction outside your home country, there are very likely to be extra charges, more so with a credit, rather than a debit, card.

Yeah, I know. Thanks.

HSBC has much in common with the rear end of donkeys. Dumb, dumb, dumb and obstinate.

Your problem is the Chip/Pin will not permit CNIP (Customer Not In Person Transactions).

Therefore you should use Wire Transfer. This will require you to get a stupid Code Key from HSBC, activate it and then get the payees bank account number and bank address and shoot the money across.

This is why HSBC's claim to be your 'Local Bank' is a lie.

Better get on-line and Message your bank in the Phils. (BTW, your message will go via HSBC USA who also have your account info! - another HSBC 'feature'.)

But Karl from Austria thinks they are the greatest!

Jaitch wrote:

HSBC has much in common with the rear end of donkeys. Dumb, dumb, dumb and obstinate.

Your problem is the Chip/Pin will not permit CNIP (Customer Not In Person Transactions).

Therefore you should use Wire Transfer. This will require you to get a stupid Code Key from HSBC, activate it and then get the payees bank account number and bank address and shoot the money across.

Better get on-line and Message your bank in the Phils. (BTW, your message will go via HSBC USA who also have your account info! - another HSBC 'feature'.)

If you think you are the Greatest is OK for me! I never say there are the greates bank, but there are not more stupid then other banks and that I can use my card anywhere in the world? The problem is not the Bank -  is the people who works on the Bank if you have problem?? And you not right about the HSBC go via USA the HSBC is an GB Bank! Take better research if you would be  more clever then all the others?

Jaitch wrote:

I have once tried to use that key thing activation. But never able to use it. Thanks for the info.

mas fred wrote:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I would expect someone rated as an 'expert' to research answers more carefully. VietNam has many controls/regulations you don't have in Indon, or even other countries, which make it a 'black hole' for hard currencies.

Besides who wants an account in ANY bank on a country where the interest rates are way, way below inflation?

Transferring money from VN is a complex subject and the rules are changing all the time. I import and export electronic components and the most time consuming effort is circumnavigating the financial barriers.

Well, well. I just wanted to know if there is a mean for a local Vietnam Bank to transfer credit card payment to my home country. That's all.  :/

Jaitch wrote:

I have no problems at all with them.
I find them very helpful.

Jaitch wrote:

Will it not?
I've used it - and telephone banking - and internet banking, including not in person transactions.

a stupid Code Key from HSBC

Ah, that'll be the anti fraud thing you get free from HSBC, that helps prevent naughty people stealing from your account.
Yes, very stupid, if you like thieves.

namron wrote:

Well, well. I just wanted to know if there is a mean for a local Vietnam Bank to transfer credit card payment to my home country. That's all.  :/

Yes there are ways.  I will PM you later today - I have a luncheon appointment.

Jaitch wrote:
namron wrote:

Yes there are ways.  I will PM you later today - I have a luncheon appointment.

Thanks.  :top:

Jaitch wrote:
mas fred wrote:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I would expect someone rated as an 'expert' to research answers more carefully. VietNam has many controls/regulations you don't have in Indon, or even other countries, which make it a 'black hole' for hard currencies..

If you have a HSBC in one country, they will help you open a HSBC bank account in any country they're active in.
As I said, you have to meet local requirements to do so.
I think you need to read the whole post before you comment.

Perhaps I'm not so wrong.

http://hsbcvncareer.com/en/jobseekers/n … e/35A4ED90

mas fred wrote:

VietNam has strict currency controls on the transmission of money, especially if transmitted by or through electronic means. This is why there are so many discussions in the VN section of moving money out of the country.

This not about bank accounts, it's about moving money out. Period.

Jaitch wrote:
mas fred wrote:

VietNam has strict currency controls on the transmission of money, especially if transmitted by or through electronic means. This is why there are so many discussions in the VN section of moving money out of the country.

This not about bank accounts, it's about moving money out. Period.

It is not, but I did want to correct your libel and general misinformation about HSBC, a bank I've found to be very helpful, and about as handy as you can get for a traveller.
To suggest their security key is "stupid" is less than reasonable, as are the rest of your comments about that bank.
In fact, their efforts to improve security are a great plus for that bank, and one of many reasons I recommend them as a good bank for expats to consider.

namron wrote:

Hello everybody,

Please read again what the initiator just wrote in his post .He was only looking for some feedback according to his question and not looking for a negative debate on the HSBC's service.

Thanks

Priscilla

Have you considered sending money to your account using western union.

stumpy wrote:

Have you considered sending money to your account using western union.

In Vietnam you can receive money from Western Union but you cannot send any money out of Vietnam thru Western Union.

Leave me tell you something Pal. Security when dealing with banks is for the bank, not for you.....Trust me.....