First visit

Hello
My name is Kim and my partner's name is Ken.We are from Ottawa Canada. We would like to come there for a visit in November or December of this year. What immunization shots do we need? For accommodations if we book a hotel for just two nights will we be able to find something when we're there like a hostel or Econolodge for a cheaper price?
Thank you.

robertakim wrote:

Hello
My name is Kim and my partner's name is Ken.We are from Ottawa Canada. We would like to come there for a visit in November or December of this year. What immunization shots do we need? For accommodations if we book a hotel for just two nights will we be able to find something when we're there like a hostel or Econolodge for a cheaper price?
Thank you.

No immunizations required for any "normal" visit.  If you're planning on spending time deep in the Darien province, for example, then I imagine some further research is warranted and I cannot help.

Try:  http://www.hostels.com/panama-city/pana … hor=p13931

Where in Panama do you plan to visit? The city is a bit different than the rest of the country. It will be the end of the green season (off season when there are less tourists) when you are here so there should be more hotels and hostels available. If we know where you will be maybe someone from that area can advise you further.

robertakim wrote:

Hello
Thank you.

We would like to stay in ( or close to ) David. This area is where we would probably want to move to permanently in the future. Any suggestions on clean affordable accommodations for our first two week visit would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your offer of help.

Immunizations is not necessary but if you can get your hands on the antibiotic Cipro and the anti- diarrhea med Lomotil you can recover or overcome just about an illness /infection real quick. As a long time work and leisure traveler in the tropics of Central and South America believe me they are always in my makeshift first aid kit.

I live in David! It works great for us, but definitely visit and see how you feel before making any definite plans. It's a working city but everything you need is here, and it's an easy drive to the mountains or beaches. If you don't speak Spanish though, Boquete might be something to consider. As for hotels, I'm working on updating my website and I got this far...

Chambres en Ville - $35, private rooms, close to downtown and city park, owner speaks English, French, and Spanish
Bambu Hostel - $11 - $35, in a residential area of town, owner speaks English
Hotel Cuidad de David - ~$80-125  Very nice downtown hotel
Hotel Castilla - $50, downtown by the park (link is to bookings.com)
Grand National Hotel - $95-150  Also close to downtown

aakk, the links didn't come along with the copy/paste but google will easily bring up their websites.

robertakim wrote:

We would like to stay in ( or close to ) David. This area is where we would probably want to move to permanently in the future. Any suggestions on clean affordable accommodations for our first two week visit would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your offer of help.

Thank you for your great info on accommodations in David.

My pleasure :)

robertakim wrote:

Thank you for your great info on accommodations in David.