Cajun In the Caribbean.. Looking for a place to buy

Hi all,

I am a Cajun Chef that is looking to move to the Dominican Republic around the north / northeast coast.

While I am not 100% sure of my desire to retire there, I have located several Restaurant/Bars, with Owners Home and 6-8 Bungalows within my price range in consideration. I have also located a nice place for a monthly fee to visit for a few months to decide if that is the direction I would take. 

My hope is that I will like the place and buy the property. My desire is to have a "Private" expat location for Cajun Food, American Typical, Low Country, Southern, Soul and some Asian, with a nice sports atmosphere for watching games back in the old USA.

The Bungalows are not for VRBO or rentals, but instead, for Invited guests.

My guitars will have to be included in the move there as I have been playing since 9 years old and part of my life.

I am sometimes called

SwampChef

welcome cajun !! I.m a retired chef from the USVI, st. croix. I had cajun-creole dishes on my menu. love the food. hope you find a place on the north shore, ie sosua to cabera area. it is a great place to settle in. I' sure many others will agree.m

Welcome to the forums!   It seems you have a plan.  When do you plan to visit? 

If your market is expats then stay between Puerto Plata and Cabarete, that area has the highest concentration of expats to draw from on the north coast!

Thanks My Friend,

I am on a project right now and not a culinary trained chef, been cooking Acadian Cajun since 6 years old with my first dish called Pain Per Do.. Great stuff.. Old School Cajun.

My plan is to be there as soon as this project gets to a point. Which may by April next year, but want to live there a month or two to see if I really want to invest and retire there.

Thanks for the reply. Keep your ears open for a great deal on a place.

Thanks,

I want to get around Cabarete.

Keep your ears open for a good deal on a good place. I have the funds to improve the place and I get asked by friends to let them invest.. BUT, I like for it to be mine, not worry about anyone else.

Cajun  welcome.  You have picked the correct area for your project.  Be careful before you buy anything.  Restaurant and their leases can be filled with pot holes.

Bob

Just like the streets..... :D

Is that what those are.  I thought they were there for traffic control or placed there by tire and front end shops

Bob K

Traffic control.....  lol.   I was explaining what we call  speed bumps here to some American gals.  WE laughed ourselves silly.

Very specific translation - a speed bump is called -  a laying down policeman!!!!!

Yep I have heard it as "sleeping policeman"

Bob K

Thanks all.

Remember I am an old school Acadian Cajun Chef..

My restaurant was in the French Quarter New Orleans, then I traveled to Singapore to introduce the food and products there.

Please keep an eye and ear open for a good place to look at when I travel down there.