New members of the Turkey forum, introduce yourself here

Hi I'm Bruno. I'm from Argentina. I've lived in Oxford, UK for 4 years, then Tbilisi, Georgia for a few months. Now I'm moving to Istanbul.

Took me a while to make friends in Tbilisi, I wouldn't want that to happen in Istanbul too ;)

Hello Bruno/
You are highly welcome to Istanbul
You can contact me here when you come

Hello All  :cheers:

A warm welcome to all our New Members  :par:

A little Reminder

This thread particularly is for presentation of our new members, please tell us more about yourself, what you do in life, how are you experiencing the life as an expatriate.

Also you can ask for required infos if needed, however we always encourage members to throughly check the multiple threads on the forum to gather required infos, or to create a new thread for asking questions.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi ım lookıng friends in İstanbul

how are you
am chris and you?
wat is your nationality

Hello!
I just reached Istanbul from Pakistan in Sep 14. i am Doctorate Student at ITU. currently i am living in Essenyurt.

Hi Laura,

Im moving to ankara too... same situation... lets be friends! my facebook is camila jorge

regards

Hello!This is lou from Philippines....Ive been living in istanbul for 2 years....its so great to be here so far....want to meet new friends.....Have a nice day! ;)

Hi I am tunisian, iblive in izmir i wants to contact other tunisien in izmir.

Hi guys,

I'm eman from Petaling Jaya, malaysia😊
I really love to travel around Turkey, So maybe you guys could shared more about Istanbul 😁 and xchange some stories.

Actually here in Malaysia i have my own tshirt brand & my brother own a cafe.

We are informed that in istanbul was a fantastic art insiration country. So we decided to go for a holiday there to be inspired and maybe get some ideas there for us to improvise our bussiness concept.👍

hello everyone!this blog is very helpful so I thank you all :) my name is Amna Ahmed and I am from karachi Pakistan.I am an intermediate and recently I have started ACCA.I am planning to move Turkey nowadays and to start my studies there in Business field.I really need your guidance.reply me ASAP.
God bless you all.

Hello! My name is Aylin and I just moved to İstanbul from Sweden to study Turkish, I have previously studied in England and love travelling (obviously..!). I'd really like to meet some new people here, so if you feel the same don't hesitate to send me a message! Cheers :)

hello how are you doing

Hello everyone , my name is hasan and I am from syria,I live in istanbul now .I was an english teacher in syria, my mother languages are arabic and turkish, so I search for a job in the field of translation, tourism, teaching English, arabic or turkish.I can help tourists and guide them to make a wonderful tour all around turkey. I also can work in the field of trade because I worked as a trade manager in many companies. I can give private lessons for people who want learning languages easily and quickly.I can also help foreign traders to find thier goods in
Turkey.I can translate paragraphs from advertisements and I can work as a direct
Translator. Please feel free if you need any help and I will be happy if you contact me.
Email:[email protected]

Phone:0090 537 564 13 96

HI TO ALL
i am sina .i am a teacher and more than 10 years i have been teach this subject at the university i was student in germany i can speak english and farsi .i hope can share some information with other members

send me a private message

Hey Guys how are you all? This is Hasan and İ came from Pakistan 20 days ago and İ am looking for friends especially near by me in Istanbul. right now İ am living in Buyukcekmece and very very Happy Eid and Bayram Mubarak to all of you.....

if any friend near by me.... gımme a call on: 0545 877 1694

or emaıl: [email protected]

Hello everybody!

I am Turkish and living in Istanbul-European Shore of Bosphorus-. For almost two years as an expat I have lived in Georgia/USA. Communities like this one has helped me to make new friends and survive away from home. Now I would like to carry on, what I have learned back there and help expats for adaption.

Feel free to send me messages
Cheers

Hi, I'm new to this blogging, expat, using my laptop for something other than working or watching Breaking Bad (off which I'm finished) so hello life! Would be nice to meet others living in Ankara who can speak English. Need to come down off my hill and investigate the big shmoke...

@Carnivaloflights -its gOod hearing from you.Since u've been there done that way back in US And some parts of the world'are you convinced that Turkey is the best of all?Talk iin regards to employment opportunities,health'and economy in general.Hope to hear from you sir!

Hello everybody!

I am Turkish and living in Istanbul-European Shore of Bosphorus-. For almost two years as an expat I have lived in Georgia/USA. Communities like this one has helped me to make new friends and survive away from home. Now I would like to carry on, what I have learned back there and help expats for adaption.

I've studied Business Admistration and work about marketing and PR.

Feel free to send me messages
Cheers

@oluphemmyha4 : Both countries have ups and downs. It depends on your major, what you want to do for living, in which city/state you live, who do you know etc.

hello. how are you.  sorry about the delay in answering you. hope you had an awesome weekend.

Hi,

I'm James, I'm a primary teacher, just moved out about 8 weeks ago, still adjusting, but loving Istanbul.

I'm originally from the countryside in England, but before istanbul I was in London off and on for the last 7 years, with a year out travelling and living in Australia. I've also spent a couple of winter seasons in the French Alps.

I live in Etiler at the moment, and will be in Istanbul for hopefully at least two years..

Merhaba!
I'm Shalimar, born and raised in the Philippines.  Moved to Canada after I  got married to a Turkish national.  Now we are settling here in Izmir.  I'm captivated with the beauty of this historical country:-)  love the culture and the hospitality of Turkish people:-) I would love to meet other expats especially here in Izmir:-)

Merhaba shalimar, welcome to izmir 😊 I'm American, I moved here in February, it's been a big adjustment but totally worth it. What part of izmir are you residing in?

Hi all,

I am Lauren from England ( South East London) 25 years old, I am moving to Istanbul in January to be with my Turkish partner be great to make friends as I can not speak a word of Turkish I have learnt a few words here and there so I know I am going to struggle for a while

Hi,
I am a 28 Y.O Moroccan and I am very interested in Turkey. I hope find the answers to all my questions in this site and also expand my network. I speak Arabic, French, English, and I have some notions in German and as soon as possible turkish (some words maybe)
See you

Hello everyone there am Farooque by name and a Ugandan by nationality.I have been leaving alonely and silent  life ever since I landed in this country(Turkey)  because of my colour and language.Am working in some factory as ahelper and cleaner and its now ayear.
      All along I have been longing for friends or agroup that I can belong to and am sure I have found it because of the language and aim of which is work.
        Am ahigh school well  groome

d graduate ready to toil with any task that comes my way.I speak and write British english

Hello everyone !   I would like to tell you a little about myself :)  I'm Hakan from Izmir and I am 39 years old.
I worked for Koc Holding (Turkey's biggest company) for 14 years , my last position was ; District Sales Manager.. Two years ago i decided to quit to get raid of the rush and stress... Now i am running my own business.; 2 home furniture retail shops . (Dogtas Mobilya and Kelebek Mobilya)  As I am the boss now i have lots of time  for myself and during this time i would really like to help the expats who are living in Izmir and also people planning to live in Izmir. Also i am interested to meet new people and new cultures ... So expats in Izmir , contact me please :)
PS ;  I speak Turkish , English (Advanced)  and German (Beginner)

Hi all,

My name is Sahar, i'm Moroccan and i'm 27 Years Old. I'm new in this website and i'm here because i LOVE Istanbul and would like to live there. I just fell in love with that wonderful city :) I'm currently working in Casablanca in Real Estates (Sales and Marketing). I'm seeking a Job in Istanbul and have some questions about working there (Work Permit and other administrative documents to be able to work and live there). I also want to know more about renting in Istanbul : How much is the rent per month for a small (Nice) appartment for two girls (two rooms and a living room).

Thanks all :)

Hı Sahar,  i live there at 13 years, but work very hard that's why i couldn't like Istanbul.  Trafficking and crowded. If you rent a nice flat with a girl, every person pay nearly 500usd i think. But Unfortunately i don't know what are the working documents. If i learn new things,  i'll write.
Engin

Hi all,
I am visiting Istanbul on Nov 14th - 22nd and it will be nice to have new friends before i arrived :)

Mo

Hi All.

My name is Tsahai. I currently live in Jamaica but hoping to move to Istanbul in a few weeks on a work assignment. Don't know anyone in Istanbul and would like to meet some new friends.

Any Jamaicans out there?

Cheers.
Tsahai

hi how are you? im jen from philippines.can you help me to find job there in turkey even helper im willing to work there please.

Hey everyone i m Rohit ..i m from India and shifted to this lovely country Turkey just 2 months back. currently i m on my 1 year resident permit and wanted to find work permit before its ends.
So i would really appreciate if anyone of you can help me or guide me

Have a nice day !!!!
ENJOY

Hey Sahar
even though its being only 2 months for me here , but still i also have to deal with all this i can assist you
there are two option of finding work here.

1 . you come here on tourist visa and get resident permit and den find work( not recommended by me)
      In this you just need to apply for resident permit after coming here n for resident permit you will need your tax num ,  health insurance and money exchange slip from BANKS ONLY ( around 500$ per month) so for 1 year 6000$,Getting resident permit is easy as all the officials were very helpful and fast in there work. After all these you can apply to any company and then company will change your resident permit of tourist into work permit

2 . you can directly apply to turkish companies from your own country and try your luck. In this you will get work visa from turkish embassy of your country

regarding your next question regarding accomodation
Its quite hard to find coz city is very expensive and very much crowded try to find out in sub urbs there is no problem of public transport and you will live in gtreen and clean air ..

regards
rohit

(PS - for further detail you can mail me at [email protected])

Merhaba..

My name is Riefa. Benim adım Riefa.
I'm Indonesian. Ben Endonezyalıyım.

I'm planning to continue my study in Turkey, I don't know exactly where would it be, but I hope it would be in Istanbul or Izmir, depends on the scholarship. Does student considered as an expat?  :D
And I'm currently learning Türkçe.

Tanıştığımıza memnun oldum.

hello to all

(advertising is not allowed)

Hello all,

I am a local guy, age 36, working as an engineer. Looking for English speaking friendships and I might be of help in teaching Turkish.

Closed