Need English speaking jobs so I can stay in Italy!

Hello,

I found out today I failed my A-Levels :( I am currently living in Italy, Treviso and need to think for the future. I have been in Italy for a month now and have 11 more to complete. I have fallen in love with Italy and wish to stay here after my time Au-Pairing is over.

The problem I have is I have no qualifications other then GCSE's and AS-levels. I was wondering if anyone can help me find jobs I can get once I finish Au-Pairing that will ensure my stay in Italy. I love children hence why I am Au-Pairing and want to become a teacher is there any hope for me?

I am looking for friends who are English to keep me company in Treviso also! :)

Any advice would help me.

Hi Beckiesutton,

Please feel free to post an advert in the Jobs in Venice section, this might be helpful. :)

Regards,

David.

HI there

Your best bet is to go get a TEFL qualification - you don't need a degree to teach english as long as you have a CELTA or equivalent certification - even an online course is acceptable, you may get a few hours to begin with as a tester for a school, but you can gradually build up your experience. I would think experience with children will certainly get you into a place that teaches children and young learners.

Good luck!

Thank you I have done what you've suggested and have paid to do the tefl course, do you live here in Italy?

Not yet, moving to Rome in a few weeks to teach english, not secured a job yet but have a few interviews/meetings lined up once i get there. There's always private tutoring too, but if you need to prove earnings for legal reasons, it gets more complicated. Anyway, I will see how it goes. I don't speak italian so it's the only job i can get in order to make a living there, besides nannying/waiting on tables which is not my cup of tea! Also i've thought of proofreading business documents and english assignments for italian students - you can do that once you get your qualification. Advertise in the classifieds as you would with the private tutoring..just a matter of checking over grammar,punctuation, etc. but you have to be a fast reader and good at checking detail..

[Moderated: pls use the private message]

Hi Beckie, I have lived in Italy for 5 years and worked all over as an English teacher. Unfortunately, you will need to have a TEFL/CELTA certificate to get a job in a school. Any school that will hire you without will probably try to rip you off. Take a course, it's about a month and then apply.

I live in Rome and in my experience a percentage of  schools ask for a TEFL certificate, but many now ask for a CELTA as a minimum qualification which is a slightly more demanding qualification to obtain. Do your research and good luck! Frankie
http://mixoilandwater.wordpress.com/

A school near Treviso is looking for a native speaker to work with elementary school kids. Very Urgent. inbox me.

Hello! I was wondering about this job opportunity? I live in Treviso and am a native english speaker.

Hello Tania Hdez,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

If you are looking for a job, I invite you to browse through the list of jobs in Venice.

You can also start a new discussion if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Hasnaa

Hello, are you still in Treviso?

Hi i am ali,i have finished my study in london ,my wife live in italy ,so i want to go there, thatswhy  i need english any job

hi ,
I am from Bangladesh , now i'm living in  italy . I was completed Diploma in Computer science & here i study bachelor of computer science . But now i need a job , i have a experience about receptionist also call center job which i did before . I speak English fluently and Italian not bad  .

So, i'm looking forward to do any kind of work now because i need it early . If anyone know or need any person for work please inform me . :(

@ parveg.1988 > Please feel free to post your job request in the Receptionist job offers in Venice section, it might help. :)

Priscilla

Dear friends

I am hopeful about job in Europe.I need job's sector to build up my career in future.Agriculture project as a project director,Hotel ,sells center & others .I am very interested to get a job in English speaking job & place.
ok best luck

Miraj

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi m looking for offring a job.
I want any type of job si i van stay in italy

Hi everyone,

For all those looking for jobs, I strongly suggest you to create your resume under the appropriate section of the website :
- Jobs in Venice

Make sure to provide sufficient details regarding your employment history, competence, educational background and of course a bit of yourself. This will help you to gain a better exposure in the process of securing a suitable position.

Good luck

Chris
Expat.com

[Topic closed]

Closed