Looking for studio in Chiang Mai - rent for one month - end of year

Hello
My husband and I shall stay in Chiang Mai from 15 December 2014 to 14 January 2015 inclusive. 
Although there are lots of studios available at around 10,000-13,000 Bahts, it is difficult to secure one due to the Christmas and New Year period.
Any suggestion in order to find a studio in a place with a fitness roon and a swimming pool, not too far from the city center would be appreciated.
With many thanks and best regards
AC

Hello Anick

The price 10k-13k is for long stay at least 6 months. It's difficult to find studio room just for 1 month period.

I'll check if there's any place can be rent as your condition.

Ammie

The normal internet searches of course...but after that I think you might be pushing it. High season is high season....people come from everywhere now.. Hoardes come from Japan during Feb. Etc...etc....
I book my Christmas/Jan/Feb way in advance....
Thais idea of 'an apartment' may be quite different from ours.....For some Thais a room is an apartment....separate kitchen lounge is not that easy to come by....
I pay 22,000 a month for a sep bedroom, kitchen/lounge......single rooms in my place may be 14,000.

Try Huay Kaew Residence----fitness nearby, some rooms with kitchen,many people eat out.

:D Hello, AC.
Once you drop your email address here, I'd send you about my room that available concern your expected..
This is my room, I'm not  agent...
Probably you will like it, location closed to Nimman road and also Maya Mall.

Studio room with full furnished..

Regards,
[email protected]

HKR continued-------5 minutes from Tha Pae Gate.  Refrigerator  in room;  some people in TH purchase an appliance and do their own cooking without a kitchen...  Fitness available here and swimming pool, but fitness  not functional.  Other fitness opportunities very close.

HELLO,DANNY FROM VEGAS,ANY ADVICE WHERE TO FIND A STUDIO LIKE THE ONE YOU HAD IN CHIANG MAI. IF POSSIBLE CAN YOU LET ME KNOW, THANK YOU DANNY.

Hello Danny and welcome to Expat.com

You can see in our Housing in Chiang Mai section for adverts of rentals. You can also drop an advert there if you wish something more specific.

Also please could you avoid using Capital letters when writing on the forum? Thank you

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hello,

Just to clarify, many people see cheap studios to rent, but this is available for minimum 6 months contract and more commonly 12 months contract, and this exclude all utilities fees ( water, electricity ) and common charge ( you will find studio on long term rental for 4,000 / 5,000 THB per month ). This is typically manage by estate agents, brokers, owners. Deposit is 2 months rental.

What most tourists are looking for is short term rental ( usually 1 month rental ) including everything ( utilities, common charge, but also cleaning, bed linen etc ), this is typically similar like a serviced appartment and price is totally different ( you will pay for example 700 THB per day for a 30sqm studio to give an idea ). Security Deposit will vary in this case as well as the minimum period to stay like 1 day or 1 week. Estate agent does not deal with rental period less than 6 months.

You will need to look at adverts for holidays rental, and also there are many serviced appartment in Chiang Mai who propose studio, you can find easily many websites if you type in your search engine the correct key words, have a look also at airbnb, many owners put their property to rent there.

Best of Luck for your searches