New members of the New Zealand forum, introduce yourself here

if u have bachelors degree , you could apply through sliver fern visa.

Kim, how do you like Wellington? I'm considering immigration but not sure where (which country) -- looking for ideas/inspiration on this.

hello NZ,

I am from Mauritius Island but I dream of moving to NZ to work and live along with spouse and child.

Hope dream come true.

Hi there!

Don't get me wrong, Queenstown is absolutely stunning, but is very very small. There is a great art center and some regional groups, but as it is so small, you don't tend to get a following. We had a great time there for 5 years, but eventually we craved the city life a bit. Good Luck!

Thank you for the welcome.  I left N.Z. in 1960 to live in Australia and the integration
has largely been successful. I like travelling and talking to and meeting new people
but find the time needed to be a bit of an imposition presently. In other words, busy life.
Good luck and best wishes to all,  Peter  O.

Thank you for your warm welcome. N.Z. remains always dear to my heart -
I was born there ( Ch.Ch. ) many decades ago - before the dreaded earthquakes,
time has made it seem like another lifetime, but I usually take any excuse to
get back there again, wish everyone well, Peter  ( Granity ).

i am a kiwi,but,sadly live in N.Z.i love Thailand and the people.spent 6yrs tthere from 1976.most  special people i have ever met in my extesive travels.Thai people are no 1 if the farang is not rude or shows no respect.

they are also the nicest people i have ever met in my liife.i first arrived in Hadyai in 78 spent 4.8yrs there.dont go anywhere else now as i found the best.just hate being  stuck in boring Nz.
Tha.iland,"The City Of Life."

hi there, 

Read your message on the main forum thought to reply you basically moving to new Zealand has to be a well process discussion and time consuming, First you have to see if your husband's occupation falls into long or short term shortage skills visa, if he gets 140 points that leads to permanent residency if 100 points then visa officer  might give 9 months to go to NZ to find the job in the required field , here's the link:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/nr/rdonl … 0/1093.pdfhttp://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rdonl … 0/ISSL.pdf

The second option would be applying sliver fern visa, which allows an applicant to travel NZ and see the job for more information you could see down below:

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/ … silverfern

There might be several other options as well, please take an official advice and  search through the official NZ website for more information. 

above is just a friendly suggestion and a overview of a writer.  kindly visit the Nz immigration website for proper help and knowlege.

.Hello everyone. I continue to be amazed at new zealand. Besides the beauty it seems like a great place to live. I continue to be disgusted at way the goverment is ruining this country. I think now is the time to depart and start over. I am a licensed funeral director and according to needed skills category, I can work and live there. Any and all information you can give me would be a great help.
Thank you for your time
Michael Smith

smitters1967 wrote:

.Hello everyone. I continue to be amazed at new zealand. Besides the beauty it seems like a great place to live. I continue to be disgusted at way the goverment is ruining this country. I think now is the time to depart and start over. I am a licensed funeral director and according to needed skills category, I can work and live there. Any and all information you can give me would be a great help.
Thank you for your time
Michael Smith

Welcome to the forum

You should then start visa application if the profession is on the skills list.
Then start a job hunt. A Google search may come up with something or look for funeral homes in NZ and contact them. Or try www.seek.co.nz 

Rents in Auckland are very high so consider working in a country town or city. For cost of living www.numbeo.com 

Good luck.

Hi I'm looking for a friend in New Zealand and my name is Franck I'm a South African Citizen, currently want to come and live in New Zealand, but want to know if come in the country is it possible for me to get a work permit that can allow me to work in New Zealand?
Can you please give me an advise of what should I do and expect?
Hope to hear from you.

Hi there,

Good to see all those very helpful Governmental links to assist with migration.  And those great
pictures, example Mt. Egmont ( Taranaki ) what a great mountain.  I well remember climbing
this in 1993 ( 19th March ) on the very day when the season changed - it was bare dry rock all
the way until the snow in the summit crater. The temperature severely dropped on that day.                                         That night there was a huge dump of powder snow, changed from Autumn to Winter overnight.
Thought this was worth recording.  Peter  Olorenshaw

Dear,sir
I am santosh Shetty from surat.

I need any fruit packing ya packer job ni your country.

So plz can you sponcer me for job.

Santosh Shetty wrote:

Dear,sir
I am santosh Shetty from surat.

I need any fruit packing ya packer job ni your country.

So plz can you sponcer me for job.

Welcome to the forum

I suggest that you go online and search for fruit packing/picking jobs.  The farms usually have an agent who takes care of visas etc.

Hey, I'm Charles (somehow I acquired the nickname Chump as a kid despite not being stupid...well, not too much). I'm from Lincoln (UK), living in Auckland, and thinking of moving somewhere in South America for a year or so.

hello,,
i am living  in s.africa the last 9-yrs, originaly from ethiopia,male-single
i am lathe machinist,colour co-ordinater,carpenter,decorator,welder,painter and i do art works as wel,
i  've always dreaming of travelling to australia or new zeland to get the chance of education & contribute my own responsible 4 all as a citizen of this world,i have always dreaming of travelling to one of those countries & i am very exited to study,would like some recommendation or possible kind assistance in order to facilitate my travel.
                                                                              GOD blesse U .

hayu wrote:

hello,,
i am living  in s.africa the last 9-yrs, originaly from ethiopia,male-single
i am lathe machinist,colour co-ordinater,carpenter,decorator,welder,painter and i do art works as wel,
i  've always dreaming of travelling to australia or new zeland to get the chance of education & contribute my own responsible 4 all as a citizen of this world,i have always dreaming of travelling to one of those countries & i am very exited to study,would like some recommendation or possible kind assistance in order to facilitate my travel.
                                                                              GOD blesse U .

Read through the many posts on this forum for information.

Bonjour I would love to make french friends because i love the language

Puedes encontrar un monton de gente frances sobre este sitio web. Si quieres, soy frances. Pero he visto que tu estas en Hamilton y no en Auckland. Pero si algun dias te muevas por Auckland, avisame ! ;)

Auckland es muy cerca a hamilton  de hecho vivi alli medio anio :}}}}

yborne wrote:

Puedes encontrar un monton de gente frances sobre este sitio web. Si quieres, soy frances. Pero he visto que tu estas en Hamilton y no en Auckland. Pero si algun dias te muevas por Auckland, avisame ! ;)

English please as this is an English speaking forum.
Thank you.

lucitac: wrote:

Auckland es muy cerca a hamilton  de hecho vivi alli medio anio :}}}}

English please.

plz tell me rules and regulation study in NZ for abroad people

shantitamang wrote:

plz tell me rules and regulation study in NZ for abroad people

Welcome to the forum

Please read through the many posts in the New Zealand section of the forum for information.
I am sure other members will also provide you with information soon.

I'm Gerrard originally from Cape Town RSA, moved to this wonderful island called New Zealand in 2007.What a journey it has been.

I would be interested because I do speak French as well

Hi Gerrard that is a wonderful choice tha you made to move in zealand, I'm from Cape Town in Northpine and I want to move to New Zealand but I need someone who can give me advise of what to do to move permanantely in New Zealand? do you thing as a south African not required visa, can I just to travel to New zealand and would be easy for me to get a work permit once I'm in the country? please advise me if you can.

Nice to meet you mate, on my way to work atm but keep a look out I will answer you shortly.  :)

Hi Franck, you can come to NZ on a visitors visa which lasts 3 months but you can extend it to 9 months. You MUST NOT come with any work documents on you because immigration will turn you back. The best is to post your documents to someone over here. I came over then looked for a job which took 3 weeks, but I'm a tradesman which was in demand at the time.

Hello everybody,

This is to remind you that this topic has been created for the introduction of the new members.

If you have some specific questions, i will advise you to create a new topic on the New Zealand forum, it will help to bring more light to it and avoid going off topic on this discussion.

Thank you for your understanding

Priscilla  :cheers:

Thanks a lot Gerrard I really appreciate your advise, I would do so, like in my case I'm in the hospitality industry and I hold a 2years diploma in food and beverage management with 12 years experience as a Cook / Catering supervisor.
But I'm planning to travel there in February 2015 but I dont know no one there that I could contact before my departure, so that I can do whatever you advised me, I wish to be in touch with you so that I can plan better my trip with better and more advise, as our country doesn't show us a good future.
Hope hearing from you.
Regards.

Franck.

Hello,

Hi,my name is Nora Garcia,form the philippines.....
The purpose why i wanted to move to new zealand is for work.
Hope you guys can help me finding a job...thats all for now thank you very much.

Yours trully,
NORA

Hi, I'm based in Auckland.  Looking forward to meeting people, interested in sharing in my ethnic peoples portrait series.  Great way to get some good pics.   Check out my website artzphotography.net    Drop me a note if you are interested.
Ronald

Hi Gerrard Is it possible to send me your personal email address and contact number, here is my one: [email protected]

Hi,
My name is Vesna. I'm 39 years old. I come from Croatia. Im planning to move to New Zealand because here in Croatia is very hard to find a job, live normally and to feed familly. I just want to give my children decent life. I had a familly buisness which my father established 1978.but we have to close it because here is very difficult economics crisis. Instead of that, I worked in automotive industry and no one wants to employe me because Im a woman...so I decided to move to New Zealand, but before that I want to know as many as it is possible to make my move as easier as it can be..Iwant to know what is the average price of house or home rent, kindergarten, what is the average sallary.....etc...and is it possible for me to find a job while Im here in Croatia so that when I come there I can start to work.
Thank you for all answers that you could give to me,.
Best regards to all,
Vesna

Hi Jonathan, I am Indonesian n live here for 12 years. Nice place to stay. I am not sure for the business.welcome to nz

Hi there! I'm Alberto, 34, from Milan and willing to move to New Zealand! I'm searching for any tips, advice, anything that can help me and my girlfriend to move there. I'd like to meet new kiwi friend in Italy and help them here so they can maybe help me moving there. Even if they can't, I like to know new friends from abroad! ;-)

Hi I am Roger
I live in the South Island of NZ, I was wanting someone with information on travel etc and around Zaporozhye, Zaporizhzhia, South Ukraine if you speak english please.
Thank you Roger

Hi,

I'm Kisnah from Mauritius.
Recently relocated to Auckland for work and I'm looking to make some new friends.
Drop me a note if you want to catch up for a drink sometime.

Cheers,
Kisnah

Closed