New members of the Norway forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all  :) .   

I am Marko Novoseljacki, from Serbia, Belgrade. I am trying to come to Norway. I am medical doctor. If you have any information that can help my about my coming to Norway please let my now.

Good day everybody    :top:

Hi everyone!

I've been living in Stavanger for 3 monthes and my permanent permit has just been granted. It is a family immigration visa, as my husband is formally working for an Oil & Gas company.

Before coming to Norway, we lived for three years in Australia, but we are originally from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. In Perth, AU, I used to to work as a Communication Consultant, but I also used my free time to do some volunteer works. I also used to write a blog for brazilian people in AU: monicaemperth.blogspot.com 

Now that we are settled here, I started looking for jobs that accept english speakers.
I'm not a native speaker but I can talk and understand English quite well and of course, portuguese.

I really hope to hearing from you soon!

Hello everyone  :)  my name is Maitreyee. I am living in Stavanger with my husband from the past two months. I am from India. I was searching for any Norwegian learning center. I have been into one but its quite expensive for me. Can anyone provide me some information on this?

Hi Maitreyee!

Try this one: learnnorwegianstavanger.no  Its cheaper and the teacher is very enthusiastic! My husband started last week.

Good luck!
Monica.

Thanks a lot Monica. I am just gonna check their website.  Thanks :)

I am Pakistani and living in paksitan .I am pharmacy graduate with 6 years experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing.Now I want to move to Norway.

Congratulations Cristy!

Hello.My name is Marinko.I need room for 3 people in Stavenger..From 21.11.2014.i need for long time..tnx

Hi everybody!

My name is Claudia, I'm Romanian,  I am Spa Therapist, very good professional, with experience in Middle East 5* hotel. I perform relaxing and therapeutic massages and some energy therapies with very good results both for health and recovery.
I need a job in Norway, if  anyone hears about a job like this in saloon, spa, wellness center, hotels or recovery centers I will be very appreciative. I promise i'll perform a very good therapy to you.
Also It will be very good for me if I will find a housemate to share the expenses.

Hope to hear you soon, thanks a lot! :)

Hi Marius,

As a two years experience in Norway how is to work there?..i mean about people, colleagues, the everyday life ? I Romania the work market is not good for the field i like to work in.

Thanks!

Thank you for welcoming  us on this site.

I'm not expat yet, but I'm planning to come there asap. How's the life there, is it easy to find a job, how are people in Norway?

Thank you!

Salut Willy,
Sunt Claudia, as vrea sa vin sa lucrez in Norvegia, sunt maseur si terapeut. Crezi ca ma poti ajuta cu ceva informatii?

Iti multumesc mult!

Hi everybody!

My name is Claudia, I'm Romanian,  I am Spa Therapist, very good professional, with experience in Middle East 5* hotel. I perform relaxing and therapeutic massages and some energy therapies with very good results both for health and recovery.
Is somebody here who is working in this field, or have anybody idea if is easy or difficult to find a job like this?
Hope to hear you soon :)

Hi to every one, I m a Nurse, wanna to move Norway, already having authorization from SAK... any one can help me?

Hello hello,

I'm new on here, I've been living in Oslo for a month now and I am really enjoying the city! I joined here to get a feel of the expat community, but also to spread out some feelers for a place to rent from october onwards. I have a nice apartment at the moment but its cost is a little unsustainable!

I'm here doing an internship, I study product design and communication in the Netherlands, though I'm originally from England. I enjoy cooking, I used to cook in a restaurant, and I really enjoy playing music. I also enjoy working, I am lucky to be doing something I love.

If anyone hears of a great (free) music event, or has a spare room they'd like to rent out to a responsible, quiet, non smoking cook ;) I would love to hear from them! Also any evertonian here in the city who fancies watching a game of football :).

Cheers, Anthony

Hi there!

I've only been in Oslo for a month but the people are very friendly, the air is very clean for a capital city, there are lots of nice bars and restaurants...but the drinks and food in general are a bit expensive, even compared to London and Paris!

Generally it is a very nice city to live in though, there is a lot going on if you like getting out, and the river running through the city is lovely! If you can afford to live here (wages here are generally higher too) I can reccomend it :).

Hello Everyone!!

My name is Chris, and I wish to move to Norway.
I'm still in Poland and looking for driver or welder job.

Thanky you and wish me luck!!

Hi, I am from India and have moved to Oslo last month. I work as an IT consultant here. Interested in making new friends. Also, looking to explore places in or around Oslo that I can visit on weekends. Please advise.

Cheers :)

Hi' alle samen. Jeg heter Rolyn..;)
I came from the Philippines and its been my 3rd weak now here in Norway in my 2nd time around.
I first came here last November to visit my boyfriend and his family for 3 months. and now entering into marriage..I join here coz I'm looking for  a new friends. Someone to talk to and maybe study the language with. I'm bored and don't have anyone when my bf is working and I just fell Ineed someone, a friend..I hope Thiers someone here that want to be a friend of mine and shares stories of life.. "Kababayan "would be great..
But everyone is welcome..:))

Hi guys,
I'm Egyptian, living & working in UAE, actually i will visit Norway in the next December for tourism.
Hope to meet new ppl there as i will be alone during my discovery journey.
Guys & girls feel free to contact me
Regards,
Kareem

Hi, I am from Pakistan, studying chartered accountancy.I want to come to Norway for studies.I wanna ask that is it easy to get student part time jobs in Norway.I have started to learn the Norwegian in my country.Plz some one answer to me

Hi all friends of Spain friendly

Hi dear sir or madam
          I am a senior civil Engineer and also sanitary & enviromental engineer with a lot of experience wich looking fore a project manager job either in constraction or consultant company .

Hello everyone ! :P

Hello!

I am from Malaysia and currently in Stavanger for business meeting. I am currently doing freelance IT consultant and currently looking for job in Europe. Appreciate any help I can get.

Besides that, I've been traveling around Europe to experience new things and meet new people.

Cheers.

Hello there!!

My name is Luis and I am from Argentina.

I have got a master's degree and I have been learning Norwegian, so I would really like to get a chance to practice the language with a native speaker, obviously I could help you out with your English and Spanish!!

Hi guys, I'm a hair/beauty salon owner from north east england. My boyfriend lives in the Bergen area and I'm considering a move. Exciting (and daunting) times!  :D:o

Hello everyone! NEW here, so short introduce, i work in military and i would like to go in Norway Stavanger. Any information about this city, people and work posibilities would be realy great. Also i'm looking for contact's of businesman who work with ship fixing or any fixing that needs bearings, I have contacts with bigest Lithuanian company "CRAFT BEARINGS", thanks for your time :))

Hei...Jeg heter Aile og kommer fra Filippinene... Jeg bor her i Norge for nesten 2 år siden...Jeg er gift med en norskmann...Nå søker jeg på jobb, men det er veldig vanskelig, fordi jeg snakker bare litt norsk... Jeg går på skolen her på Sola og er i Nivå A2 nå... Snart ferdig...

Har du lyst til å bli min venn? Bare gi beskjed... :D

aile.steph wrote:

Hei...Jeg heter Aile og kommer fra Filippinene... Jeg bor her i Norge for nesten 2 år siden...Jeg er gift med en norskmann...Nå søker jeg på jobb, men det er veldig vanskelig, fordi jeg snakker bare litt norsk... Jeg går på skolen her på Sola og er i Nivå A2 nå... Snart ferdig...

Har du lyst til å bli min venn? Bare gi beskjed... :D

As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH only. Thanks

hi y name is Mr sombala samura from sierra Leone west Africa but am living Kuwait Asia am working as salesman in a supermarket for 2years now,but i want to move to Norway because the country the peoples,the weather and the lifestyle  and am hopefully that can live there to make a bright future...

samura26 wrote:

i want to move to Norway because the country the peoples,the weather

after this week I would definitely not recommend anyone move to Norway for the weather! It's been so dreary and rainy for daysssss in the Oslo area.

hello to everyone :) I'm coming to stavanger on January :)

Hello! I am Rosanne. I came from the Philippines and been living here in Norway since 2008. I live in Moss, 45 minute drive south of Oslo. I have been working as a Nurse and this year gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Norway is a great place to live in--- if you do not mind the labile weather, cold climate and forever-jet-lag-inducing light vs. dark periods all through out the year. :)

Norway is really lovely to live with if you don't mind the cold weather and the dark periods and often rain since norway was surrounds with water :)

Good luck !

Hi,
My name is Abdul Haseeb i am from Pakistan I want to study in norway.. need you help guys..
Thanks

haseeb9991 wrote:

Hi,
My name is Abdul Haseeb i am from Pakistan I want to study in norway.. need you help guys..
Thanks

Welcome to the forum

You will need to give more information before anyone can give you an informed reply.

What do you want to study 
Do you speak the language
Do you have sufficient funds to cover costs

A Google search will help find teaching institutions you may wish to study at.
For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Have you contacted the nearest Norwegian Embassy regarding visas.

I want to study travel and tourism... i heard that there is free education in norway.. tell me about the free education and the complete process?

haseeb9991 wrote:

I want to study travel and tourism... i heard that there is free education in norway.. tell me about the free education and the complete process?

there may not be tuition costs but you will still have to pay for housing, food, supplies, etc. None of those are cheap! You can find out about visa requirements at www.udi.no.

Hi to all reading
I'm a small entrepreneur from Karachi who is willing to explore some opportunities in order to establish or purchase a business in Norway.Let me know how to OR where to start from.

Closed