Are foreigners allowed to establish a business in the Philippines

Thanks Hideo

so what i understood is that the best thing to do is to go to square one and start this business under a philippino name...right ?

100K 4 registration but what about offices, i heard that offices should be rented in peza area and there is no small offices

kakamaker wrote:

100K 4 registration but what about offices, i heard that offices should be rented in peza area and there is no small offices

out of 100k may be legal charges could be around 80-90k. for offices, you can find cheaper ones here in cebu. not necessarily in mepza. backdoor/bpo/it enterprise may put up an office to any peza registered facilities area. might be 18k-30k monthly for a small office here in cebu.

do u mean that i can be registred in peza but work in peza registered facilities area outside peza zone ?

I think expat people will look for a trustworthy citizen or a wife or gf  there in philippines in doing business ... its very good to have a business there if you have somebody that can be trusted. Philippines is the same with other countries you cannot generalize everyone there .people can be bad or good, honest or cheater .. but one thing we have in common our trait of being a family oriented person , we strive and behind our success will be the  thought of helping family member . if your lucky to get an independent woman and business minded thats bingo ... from the start you will know if the woman is totally dependent on you or have potential of being independent .. me and my boyfriend we dont have any problem starting up a business there .. even him , he cannot own a business there but we always believe in word of honor.. me as filipina set an agreement about the business , we work as business partner we set aside personal relationship with  business relationship .. we just started small capital and now we are earning a bit profit .. we are not residing yet in philippines only have people running it , treat the filipino well and you will get their respect and loyalty thats what we do with our workers .. we are still working  abroad and plan to settle in phil once the businesses will be totally  stable .

hello Sofia

What kind of agreement u signed ? can u send me a draft ? (if possible)

kakamaker wrote:

do u mean that i can be registred in peza but work in peza registered facilities area outside peza zone ?

yes... there are peza registered facilities where you can open up your office. as long as your business belongs to among the list as qualified for peza registration.

Kakamaker, do you have work lined up for 7 programmers?

yes and actually we are executing all our projects in Egypt

thank u 4 the information :)

high speed lines, do u mean highest than 150 mbps ?

thats cheaper package. you can actually buy fiber optics that can connect you for 100-150mbps

too slow

yup 150 mbps iz available

yes, i agree. but i think you can save your money if you open up your backdoor office here in cebu than in egypt. plus the qualities and talent of filipinos are world-class :)

yes i agree, Philippinos are more westernized than Egyptians but why Cebu ? i thought Manila is better coz more easy 2 find skills specially in software programming

kakamaker wrote:

yes i agree, Philippinos are more westernized than Egyptians but why Cebu ? i thought Manila is better coz more easy 2 find skills specially in software programming

maintaining office in cebu is much cheaper than manila. human resource is not a problem since people from mindanao and from other regions in the visayas flocked to cebu... people in manila are mostly from visayas.

in percentage how is cheaper than Manila and salaries also ?

all cost cheaper by 25-50%.   try to ask around and you'll find out that im right :)

ok  :/

HI mate, Sounds like good common sense advice, I feel a bit sad as my plan was to set up some kind of business like a bar with my wife in the Philipines and was thinking that if I could make enough to get by and keep my savings for retirement id be okay.
Have you met any expats whove had a successful business over there or is it something I should forget entirely?

Also I feel kinda safe about my wife, I know all expats say that but we've been married a long time and there's been times when we've really been broke and struggled and she's still around so I trust her!!

I was thinking of a restaurant franchise or a nice little bar maybe?

delete

bar might be good. but you have to place it in a strategic locaiton. :D

Can a indian start a indian restaurant in philippines. If yes than what visa he have to apply to stay there n do business for a long yrs.. plss suggest

yes. there a lots of indian restos in the philippines. you need to have at least a resident visa.

Hi I also wants to run a indian restaurant in philippines.  What visa I have to take to stay there for a long time to run this visa...pls suggest

Thanks sir.
for the first time can I get residence visa ?

maybe if get married to a filipina. and another way is to invest under boi or under peza. otherwise, you have to undergo tourist visa. :) hope this helps

Sir after taking tourist visa can a able to start restaurant in phillipines? And the tourist visa is only for three months then what next to do to stay for a long time to establish mu business. I m already married. Pls suggest.

Would suggest hiring an immigration attorney. You need to bring over a significant amount of capital to be placed on deposit/escrow in order to get a permanent visa.  To operate a restaurant, that amount would be prohibitive as you do not earn anything on it.

ALOK KUMAR DASS wrote:

Sir after taking tourist visa can a able to start restaurant in phillipines? And the tourist visa is only for three months then what next to do to stay for a long time to establish mu business. I m already married. Pls suggest.

tourist visa cant allow you to open a resto business here. since you are already married, u have two options: (1) apply for resident visa (apply first as tourist then upgrade to resident) or (2) put up an investment thru boi or peza.

Hi guys,

Hi,you're actually right,but I think it's everywhere people are doing such bad things.but sad to say that I am a filipina but I never screw a foriegners in my life.now I'm engaged with my belgian boyfriend,we're living together for two years.and I never waste his money or steal just because of my family . I'm with him because I love him and not because of his wealth . We're getting married this year and now I'm busy searching if we can register our business together in our name.because the land property is in my name.

sambache wrote:

Hi,you're actually right,but I think it's everywhere people are doing such bad things.but sad to say that I am a filipina but I never screw a foriegners in my life.now I'm engaged with my belgian boyfriend,we're living together for two years.and I never waste his money or steal just because of my family . I'm with him because I love him and not because of his wealth . We're getting married this year and now I'm busy searching if we can register our business together in our name.because the land property is in my name.

thats easy. i could help you out if you send me message more details of your proposed company :)

Cebu would be cheaper. But it is getting expensive there as well.  Unless you can set up outside of town propper. I would say 10%.  Small towns might save 50% but reliable service and internet? Then travel to a bigger town for much. As most point out you save 1 place but spend another. But the Southern Philippines is cheaper. And skilled help easy to find.

What is sucsess here. 200 peso a day?  I know a few 1 a pig and duck farmer. He gets by. A internet cafe?  They are all over, a cafe 4 to a city block.  Bakery 2 to a block.  I do not see them getting rich here with those. Make a 3rd rate liveing yes. Live above the business and rice every day.   I know were to get you a nice chicken in a box food cart.  Or such. 6 months and over 1/2 go broke. Import business is looking good here. But you need find outlets to sell what you import.  A quick change business to manufacture things. Weed whips would sell here. But in 6 months compitition would be next door. So you would need a new product every 6 months to stay ahead. A small store some do make it there. Hardware, electronics, tools what ever. Cloths are over saturated here. So not much profet per sale to keep customers. A philippino will walk a mile to save 2 peso.

Hi, i'm looking for an attorney in Manila and Boracay .... any suggestions? Thx

Hi All, What about Personal Training, Fitness, Gym business? Can a foreigner owned 100% ownership?

You have to have a Filipino partner!

Once you get married, you can register the land you bought under both your names!