Any Singaporean or Malaysian in Auckland

Hi All,

I moved to Auckland about a year ago and have not made much friends apart from the people I work with. I would like to give a shout out to any Malaysian or Singaporean out there who would love to exchange notes and get to know people from the same home town.  :)

Hi there,
I also migrated here not long ago. im from SG too.
gald to find SGreans.. :D

hi i studied in malaysia but am not malaysian.. im srilankan.. :) anyways dropped in just to say hi... came across your message ..

Hi there anyone care to share how life in NZ i will be NZ in aug . Any idea most of our local asian stay in aukland

emacro wrote:

Hi All,

I moved to Auckland about a year ago and have not made much friends apart from the people I work with. I would like to give a shout out to any Malaysian or Singaporean out there who would love to exchange notes and get to know people from the same home town.  :)

There are quite a lot of Malaysians living in Auckland. Most of the ones I met were all on the North Shore.

Hi,ive just moved to Auckland in June and still struggling.... :(  homesick as well.. its nice to be part of this forum with m fellow malaysians and singaporeans :top:

Hi fellow friends we should all meet up sometime soon for coffee just to connect ...

Hi there!!

its nice hearing from you... so gald to hear that im not the only one. we should definitely meet up for coffee and a chat. Pls PM me.

Hi Guys me from singapore new in auckland currently staying in teatu south anyone would like to share and care where usually asia Malaysian or singaporean met up ....

Hi peeps,

Am from Singapore but in the midst of engineering "the big jump" in a few months. So glad to have found this thread cos haven't found many support groups for Asian migrants in NZ. Online at least.

Please keep this thread alive! Understand NZ isn't exactly the friendliest place for new migrants, so community is my second big worry (after jobs).

Feel free to respond or PM!

Hi All,

I agree theres not much or non at all Malaysian/Singaporean meet-up groups. I was wondering if someone would like to organise a meet-up session next years so we all can meet.

After being here for a couple of years i still struggle to find out where our fellow sporean/msians are hiding.

Hi there,.I am indonesian, I like to be your friend and we have coffee sometime.I live in Glenfield

Hi everyone i have just arrive in auckland city 4 month still new currently i staying in teatu south anyone staying nearby ?? i m frm singapore

Hi ..

Im a homemaker with a 10yr old, 7yr old and 10mths old bb ..

My huby is an Engineer with an Airline here in Spore ..

He intend to explore to either Dubai or NZ and get a job there ..

I kind of prefer NZ than Dubai ...

Im all out for it mainly to get away from the rigidness and stressfulness of the education here...

May I ask advise from everyone here, if me and huby are making the right move?

Thank you ...:)

Mrz Azez Z wrote:

Hi ..

Im a homemaker with a 10yr old, 7yr old and 10mths old bb ..

My huby is an Engineer with an Airline here in Spore ..

He intend to explore to either Dubai or NZ and get a job there ..

I kind of prefer NZ than Dubai ...

Im all out for it mainly to get away from the rigidness and stressfulness of the education here...

May I ask advise from everyone here, if me and huby are making the right move?

Thank you ...:)

Hi and welcome to the forum

There is only one major airline here and that is Air New Zealand. Best check them out for possible work.

Or try this website www.seek.co.nz 

For cost of living www.numbeo.com   

For visa information and applications www.immigration.co.govt.nz

Great ...Thanks soo much  :)

Hey there

I am South African currently in NZ Auckland. I am very keen with the idea to move to Singapore or Indonesia. I tried to apply for a few jobs in Singapore and Indonesia but so far I  am unsuccessful with all my attempts. My wife is a microbiologist and she is also keen with the idea to move.
Can you please advice me or even hook me up with any contacts in Singapore or Indonesia?

Sorry for any inconvenience may caused.

Hello Lekke,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Please note that this is the Auckland forum. I suggest that you rather post a message on the Singapore or Indonesia forum for more information.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Thanks!

I thought that I can use the site to do some networking as I am interested to move and to explore other countries as well.

Regards

Hi , Im a Singaporean lady in my 50s and would like to go to Auckland and stay there for a longer period but no friends there at the moment.  Contact me at  [email protected] and see if we can be friends to stay in Auckland together
Thanks

Hello Lekke,

I suggested that you post in these two different forums so as to allow you to meet more people in Singapore or Indonesia who would be able to give you the information you need to settle down in one of these countries. Expat.com has a nice feature in the Network section which enables you to find other expats in one country who are registered as members.

Hope this helps. Do not hesitate to contact one of the team members if you have any questions about using the website.

Shaazia
Expat.com Team

Hi! I'm thinking to move to Auckland in the next few month. I'm Malaysian and hold a Malaysia driving license. Can I convert my license to NZ license in Auckland?

Annie

Hi, I am  new here and from Malaysia. Plan to go to Auckland to look for a job in the next 2 months but have worries of finding a job there. My ultimate goal is to bring my family and to settle in NZ. Any Malaysian or Singaporean mind to enlighten me or share your experiences how you got your job and landed here ? Thank you very much.

Hi anniehirabayashi & wch168,

1) You are allowed to drive in NZ with your Malaysian driving license for a year if you are not planning to stay here long. And of course you can convert it to NZ license, but you need to sit for the theory & practical (full license) test (paying the appropriate fees). Make sure you fill in the correct forms ie conversion of an overseas driving license. It will be best if you have a local driver to inform you what are the key points the driving inspectors will look out for when testing, their requirements are quite different to Malaysia.
2) Good on you to have a dream! It is always a challenge to start anew in a far away corner of the earth. Getting a job here depends on what qualifications you have (of course it is easier to get a work visa with a more professional qualification, and move on from there to PR). It will be easier if you have a working holiday visa (30 years & below) which entitles you to work here for a year? (need to check). There are quite a lot of jobs in the Chinese newspapers (or website) here if you don't really mind getting your hands dirty. You can drop me a line at [email protected] if you need more info, or even just to have a cuppa!

Hi sechung,

Thank you very much for your reply. Will send you email.

Hi, I m planning my travel to Auckland around early May so hope to get to know more friends there
Im in my 50s Singaporean lady so dont know if u mind about age. slim and petite,
My email is  [email protected]
Im also looking for the cheapest room to rent (below S$100/- per week) with a flatmate if possible.
Regards
Sherry

Hi Sherry,

Are you only on holiday trip ?

Hi, Yes, I m more on a holiday/touring around from North to South and welcome any suggestions.
I hope to meet more friends when I m there. I might look forward to moving there in the future for
my retirement if possible. You may contact me on my email address [email protected] and tell me
more about yrself before we meet should I be there .