New members of the USA forum, introduce yourself here

You should buy a plane ticket and Fly to LA  california..!

can We swich..?

English only on this forum

Bob K

Planx T have you tried to find what you need on line (Amazon and such) and just have it shipped to you?

Bob K

I am a Retired Computer programmer. Used to work NY Stock Exchange. I got my M.Sc. from Dhaka University in Geology and a M.S. in Computer and Info science from CUNY, New york, USA.

Qzaman Welcome to the forum. What are you doing now?  We look forward to your contributions to the forum.

Bob K

adamzielskemlee wrote:

Hey i am adam zielskemlee from Austin and from 2700 Bee Caves Rd. Suite 100 Austin, TX 78746

I'm jealous.  There's a Trader Joe's just down the street.

Umm Trader Joe's.... miss that 2 buck chuck.

Bob K

We been to LA, San Fransisco and Honolulu, Hawaii

WHAT ?

Hi ! I'm Audrey from Dallas Texas . My husband and I are considering a move to the DR next year. I'm interested in meeting other Expat's living there .

Audrey my wife and I relocated to the DR over 8 years ago and have been here full time ever since. Have you been here before and if so where.  We are on the north coast in the Sosua/Cabarete area and love it.

You might want to post on the Dominican Republic forum https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=234
where you will fine lots of nice folks with lots of good information for you.

Let me know how I can help

Bob K

Hey members
Im living Indiana for now but, i want to move new york or california to find job over there.
I would like to members to tell me how life over there

Just wanted to welcome all the newcomers :)

welcome yokee

Both andreapalomar and Yokee welcome to the forum.

Why not introduce yourselves and tell us about you, your travels, where you are living, what do you do for a living, why are you and why do you want to become an expat.  This is a forum of sharing of information and ideas.  We welcome yours :) .

Bob K

(Moderated: off topic)

anyone from US, visiting India, and would like to meet (or travel to port blair or any other places that are near Mumbai), drop me a msg.

Hi I'm matt 27 and from Wales. My fiance and I are thinking of moving to america probably California in about 3-4 years. I'm a bricklayer and my partner is still in decided lol. What are the realistic chances of visas, jobs and stuff?
Thanks

Sounds like you should post this in the classified ad section as you  are just trolling for business.

This is a forum of sharing ideas and thoughts, not necessarily a business networking system.

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

Both andreapalomar... welcome to the forum.
Why not introduce yourselves and tell us about you, your travels, where you are living, what do you do for a living, why are you and why do you want to become an expat...
Bob K

For Andrea at least, it's probably because it's a fake profile that posted a link to a commercial website in her post.  ;)

And the same goes for "bella deleon".

87matt wrote:

Hi I'm matt 27 and from Wales. My fiance and I are thinking of moving to america probably California in about 3-4 years. I'm a bricklayer and my partner is still in decided lol. What are the realistic chances of visas, jobs and stuff?
Thanks

You should create a new post in the USA forum so people can answer your specific questions. Manual labor will have a real hard time finding a sponsor for a visa. Also, only spouses (legally married) can benefit from a dependent visa if you ever get one.

Greetings members old and new!  Allow me to introduce myself to you. I'm Terrell greene. I'm a mature ambitious motivated and a positive gentleman of 58 years of age age who loves life and all life has to offer. I was appealed to this site not really knowing it was a blog site. I wanted information of a problem in which my fiance and me face concerning annulment in the Philippines islands. I being separated from my wife and also needing a divorce find it incredible that the attorneys are charging these out ravenous priced fees to file for a separation. Anyway, my question to the board members is this: is there any do it yourself forms to save tax payer money to file?

Terrell welcome to the forums. I spent 4 wonderful (really were) years in KCMO in the mid 80s going to school

Have you tried posting this in the Philippine forum :  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=201 for some answers.  You also will unfortunately are going to need a US attorney as well .

In any event good luck

Bob K

Thank you Bob for your assistance.  If so happen you gather any more helpful information please let me know. How do you like those royals?

Don't follow them now but used to all the games and hung out with George Brett at Harry Starke's on the Plaza.   Many moons ago.

Bob K

Terrell,

Be advised that there is no divorce in the Philippines. Your only option is annulment. If you don't have plans of getting hitch again in PI, my advise (opinion) is file for divorce in the US. I assume you are residing in CONUS, if not, go back to the US mainland and file for divorce. Done. Now you can get married in US or anywhere that honor divorce.

But your wife will not be able to get married in PI unless she file for annulment. Let her do all the annulment if she wants.

Hello all :)

First of all, on behalf of all the team, I wish a Warm Welcome to all our New members  :par:

Little Reminder :
This thread particularly is for presentation of our new members, please tell us more about yourself, what you do in life, how are you experiencing the life as an expatriate.

You can also ask for required infos if needed, however we always encourage members to throughly check the multiple threads on the forum to gather required infos, or to create a new thread for asking questions so that we can best repertoriate informations.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Kenjee thanks for the wake up!  It is so easy to get off track

Bob K

So i'm new to this site and i live in upstate NY, so yeah Hey all

So tell us about yourself.  This is an "introduce yourself thread"

Bob K

Hello
Husband is just negotiating a new job in Miramar, FL. We won't move until after Christmas, but we need to decided where we want to live soon and with 4 & 2 year old children schools are important. My husbands company will pay for private education. However looking around the miami region there are lots of possibilities but they are all so different from our home town of Cardiff. For example  we are used to walking to schools, parks etc. however it seems that walkability for the towns in this Florida area are very low. Also private schools don't appear to be rated on good schools.org etc so it's difficult to narrow down the possibilities.

Hannah welcome to the forum.  I see your post shows up on the Miami forum as well. I am sure you will get some responses from folks in that area.   Good luck on the new job and the new home.

Bob K

Hi I'm from Algeria . Trying to get some friends from Algeria or north Africa in Oregon  Medford or Ashland areas.

I have been on this site for 10 I don't know why I need to do this lol .

Hi my name is Rich and lived in the USA all of my life, currently seeking advise on starting a joint business with a friend from the Dominican Republic in the D R, any advise would be appreciated !

You are getting answers on the DR forum about this question.

Bob K

No, only response is that there is many pitfalls and issues with a car rental business !

Hi thank you very much!

I really want to live in New York since i was a little girl, i need to how can i find how to shared an apartment? If i so diffucult to find a job?

Thank you

Hi there,

Just recently moved to Micighan from SA. Been here before. Wanted to know if there are other South Africans in Michigan

Closed